Bryson DeChambeau slow play | Syracusefan.com

Bryson DeChambeau slow play

its a huge problem in golf.. our league actually started tracking the groups that played each hole to try and solve the issue..

but in avg golf the slowness is just bad etiquette. in the pros guys just dont care.

really no excuse for pros playing so slow.. they have caddies,. they have people find their bad shots, they have yardage and green books, unlike us hackers 95% of their shots are from good places on the course..

they are pros so they should know how to hit recovery shots, they even know where the pins are and whats spots on the greens to not it on approach..

really no excuse for pros playing so slow.. they have caddies,. they have people find their bad shots, they have yardage and green books, unlike us hackers 95% of their shots are from good places on the course..

they are pros so they should know how to hit recovery shots, they even know where the pins are and whats spots on the greens to not it on approach..
The yardage and green books are actually part of the problem. The European tour last year had an event called the "Shot clock Masters" There were actual huge shot clocks on the course that the viewer and player could see. It was awesome. Of course, that event didn't happen this year.

Edit: Here's an article from the event last year. 5 threesomes played the opening round in under 4 hours!
European tour's Shot Clock Masters debuts to rave reviews

Last edited:
Slow play is the biggest single problem in the golf world today. And it's not just over the ball that players are slow. Some of these guys walk like they're going to their own execution.

For those familiar with southern Onondaga county there is a muni course there called Hill-N-Dale. My Dad signed us up for their super cheap family pass in the 90's. The age range my three brothers and myself was 11-17. He didn't want us pissing off the regulars so fast play and letting people play through was drilled into our heads.

DeChambeau is an easy mark here because of his quirkiness. There are far slower players that should have been penalized many tournaments ago. TV could fix this in a minute. Have a "shot clock" running on the screen at all times - embarrasses the pro and the tour.

DeChambeau is an easy mark here because of his quirkiness. There are far slower players that should have been penalized many tournaments ago. TV could fix this in a minute. Have a "shot clock" running on the screen at all times - embarrasses the pro and the tour.

In a way, TV is actually part of the problem. When one player is slow, they just switch to another camera somewhere else on the course and nobody notices.

In a way, TV is actually part of the problem. When one player is slow, they just switch to another camera somewhere else on the course and nobody notices.

Which is the reason I don't really mind it at the professional level. (if I was player on the other hand...)

But I hate slow play on the golf course especially with the new rules. I hate 90 level players that take forever to putt.. nothing against players that play 90, that is where I have fell to now, but don't measure your putt 18 differnt ways. And please leave the flagstick in -- you are not good enough not to benefit from it.

Which is the reason I don't really mind it at the professional level. (if I was player on the other hand...)

But I hate slow play on the golf course especially with the new rules. I hate 90 level players that take forever to putt.. nothing against players that play 90, that is where I have fell to now, but don't measure your putt 18 differnt ways. And please leave the flagstick in -- you are not good enough not to benefit from it.
Amen. My regular foursome is “leave it in” now. Took a bit of trial and error at beginning of season. We’re playing sub 4 hour rounds while walking which is how it should be.

Amen. My regular foursome is “leave it in” now. Took a bit of trial and error at beginning of season. We’re playing sub 4 hour rounds while walking which is how it should be.

Another advantage to that is with the stick still in, you don't have to wait for the group ahead to all put out before you can use your range finder.

Another advantage to that is with the stick still in, you don't have to wait for the group ahead to all put out before you can use your range finder.
Exactly. It beats shooting the guy who you “think” is standing near the cup

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom