BTW, The Toronto Mercenaries are down 2-0 in their series. | Syracusefan.com

BTW, The Toronto Mercenaries are down 2-0 in their series.

CuseHulk

Starter
As a Yankee fan. They are the team I'm rooting against the most even more than the METS.

I'm calling collusion. Gave up nothing to get Price and Tulo. Around baseball the Yankees would have to have given up their entire farm system for just one of them.

The Yankees we will have the last laugh because we will have held on to out top prospects and will sign some top free agents. That's called having your cake and eat it too.

M E T S Mets Mets Mets.. And Royals!

As a Yankee fan. They are the team I'm rooting against the most even more than the METS.

I'm calling collusion. Gave up nothing to get Price and Tulo. Around baseball the Yankees would have to have given up their entire farm system for just one of them.

The Yankees we will have the last laugh because we will have held on to out top prospects and will sign some top free agents. That's called having your cake and eat it too.
The premise of your post is ridiculous and embarrassing. From one Yankees fan to another, please stop.

Last edited:
Well the blown call inthe14th where Odors foot was off the bag and he glove was still onhisankle allowed two runs to score that should have never happened ... But enjoy being miserable dude.

Toronto seems terribly unlucky in this series. Eventually the Rangers had to stop getting double plays whenever they wanted. Actually they still did. Tulo though.

How many times can a person repeat the same false points over and over again like the Hulk has.
I feel bad for Toronto fans having to listen to Harold Reynolds insult their entire country and their baseball pedigree. Nobody would call baseball Canada's favorite sport but Reynolds really insulted Canadians understanding of baseball.

Harold Reynolds is worse at baseball commentary than Tim McCarver good job Fox you downgraded. Just switch Reynolds with John Smoltz already Fox.

You are correct. Major League Baseball favors Canada. Bout time someone said it...

You do realize that the Yankees have been doing the same thing for many years, right?

You do realize that the Yankees have been doing the same thing for many years, right?

Nope. Have nothing to do with it. When we sign Big Money free agents we sign free agents with our money nothing against the rules. Taking advantage of no salary cap in the sport. And those players come to New York not only because of the money but because New York and for the Yankees is where they want to play. In regards to the Toronto Blue Jays those players are only going there for the money. They don't want to play there really. That's what makes them mercenaries.

What Toronto has also done has gone along with collusion in the sport between the other teams. They gave up nothing for Price and Tulo. Where the Yankees would have had to give up their entire farm system for just one. I will keep saying it.

That's not fair. And I'm sure Price and Tulo were just thrilled about being traded to Toronto instead of the Yankees. But the Tigers and Rockies wanted to play in the long running collusion between the others teams in baseball against the Yankees when it comes to negotiating and making trades specifically.

Nope. Have nothing to do with it. When we sign Big Money free agents we sign free agents with our money nothing against the rules. Taking advantage of no salary cap in the sport. And those players come to New York not only because of the money but because New York and for the Yankees is where they want to play.

I mean i don't know why I bother but this is a great line

Nope. Have nothing to do with it. When we sign Big Money free agents we sign free agents with our money nothing against the rules. Taking advantage of no salary cap in the sport. And those players come to New York not only because of the money but because New York and for the Yankees is where they want to play. In regards to the Toronto Blue Jays those players are only going there for the money. They don't want to play there really. That's what makes them mercenaries.

What Toronto has also done has gone along with collusion in the sport between the other teams. They gave up nothing for Price and Tulo. Where the Yankees would have had to give up their entire farm system for just one. I will keep saying it.

That's not fair. And I'm sure Price and Tulo were just thrilled about being traded to Toronto instead of the Yankees. But the Tigers and Rockies wanted to play in the long running collusion between the others teams in baseball against the Yankees when it comes to negotiating and making trades specifically.
After I reading that and pondering your argument (60 seconds I'll never get back) all I can say is quit while you're behind.

How much of the Yankees roster is home grown?
Gardner, Betances, Byrd, Severino, Nova, who else? This guy calls the Blue Jays mercenaries when the Yankees signed Ellsbury, Beltran, Texeria, McCain, Tanaka, Sabathia traded for Rodriguez, Gregorius, Drew, Pineda, Headley.

Yeah the Yankees are definitely the Cardinals or Cubs in terms of homegrown players.

as a Yankee Fan living in NYC, with just enough of inside info to make me dangerous, i am wondering just What you are talking about.

you couldnt be more wrong than if you sent bags labeled portland, me to portland, or.

this is public, for Cashman has stated over and over again...the tigers wanted Severino, Bird and Warren...and the Yankees said no.

they didnt want tulo, they have Didi.

they DID offer sanchez in a packages for kimble and chapman but obviously they didnt take it and they were not moved, so think just how high the price for them were.

judge and mateo were also 'untouchable'.

stop this madness, you are an embarrasment to the great Yankee name.

I am a Yankee fan and I was pleasantly surprised this year. No winning team is completely made up of home grown players, that is silly. But I really like how the Yankees are sticking with their farm system and they won't sacrifice the future for a dumb trade. The have assigned values to their players and will make appropriate trades. Over the course of the next few years, huge contracts will come off the books like CC, ARod, Tex and Beltran. As those guys clear, the Yankees can start spending some more money, hopefully not on long term bad deals, I think they have learned their lesson. I think this team is close, but they definitely have some work to do. I am not a huge fan of Gardner. I think Gardner had a terrific first half of the year, but the second half of the year is more like what we can expect. I know he is a great clubhouse guy and he is homegrown, but if they can get a prospect or two for him, I think they should make the move.

I am a Yankee fan and I was pleasantly surprised this year. No winning team is completely made up of home grown players, that is silly. But I really like how the Yankees are sticking with their farm system and they won't sacrifice the future for a dumb trade. The have assigned values to their players and will make appropriate trades. Over the course of the next few years, huge contracts will come off the books like CC, ARod, Tex and Beltran. As those guys clear, the Yankees can start spending some more money, hopefully not on long term bad deals, I think they have learned their lesson. I think this team is close, but they definitely have some work to do. I am not a huge fan of Gardner. I think Gardner had a terrific first half of the year, but the second half of the year is more like what we can expect. I know he is a great clubhouse guy and he is homegrown, but if they can get a prospect or two for him, I think they should make the move.
gardner is not a problem.

ellsbury, however...is a HUGE one.

that signing was stoopid from the get-go. he was always hurt before he got here, and hes been nothing but hurt since he put on pinstripes. but yeah, those other contracts cant come off the books fast enough. hell, bird basically has a ticket for scranton in his locker in tampa as i type this. same with judge.

that signing was stoopid from the get-go. he was always hurt before he got here, and hes been nothing but hurt since he put on pinstripes. but yeah, those other contracts cant come off the books fast enough. hell, bird basically has a ticket for scranton in his locker in tampa as i type this. same with judge.
Nobody will trade for Ellsbury, but there may be some value in Gardner and if they could get two good minor league prospects, it would open up an outfield spot for Judge. I agree on Bird, the kid needs to be here, but there is nowhere with Arod and Tex in the two spots he could go. But, one or both of they will be injured next year and Bird will get the call.

Saw Judge play in Syracuse in early September. He did not have a good finish at AAA this year. He needs another year of seasoning. Bird should be on the big league roster, but he doesn't solve the RH hitter issue. I guess there is no way he could play any OF. Teixeira is still here two more years.
Ellsbury and Gardner are the same player, same age, and ellsbury is stuck here until 2022 at triple the contract. Ellsbury was a bad move, but so was Brian McCann for 17 M a year. They could have Russell Martin still, who is a better defender and roughly the same hitter albeit RH at 7M a year.
The Yankees are so old. It'll be another year of a middle of the order with A-rod, Beltran, Tex and McCann.

Not even close to being true, the Yankees have made countless deals over the years where instead of having to give up prospects, they just ate the contract.

Hmm. You think David Price was thrilled about being traded to Toronto.

Yeah I'd love to be traded to Toronto instead of New York to the Yankees.

He will be on the first flight out of Toronto once their season ends. He'll be running through the airport like the Family in home alone.

Hmm. You think David Price was thrilled about being traded to Toronto.

Yeah I'd love to be traded to Toronto instead of New York to the Yankees.

He will be on the first flight out of Toronto once their season ends. He'll be running through the airport like the Family in home alone.
He has stated many times that's it's the best atmosphere he's ever played in.

You underestimate the city of Toronto, it's an attractive place for many athletes/citizens a like.

Lol Your going to be more bitter after the Jays win this series 3-2.

He has stated many times that's it's the best atmosphere he's ever played in.

You underestimate the city of Toronto, it's an attractive place for many athletes/citizens a like.

Lol Your going to be more bitter after the Jays win this series 3-2.

He played the majority of his career in Tampa Bay at Tropicana Field. Enough said, anything would be a step up when it comes to atmosphere.