Bubble Watch - Conf Tourney Saturday (Still Alive) | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Conf Tourney Saturday (Still Alive)

They finished 1 game out of 2nd.
5th place is irrelevant when the conference was jammed together and nobody won games on the road at best at 1 game above 500 level.

Their resume screams 1 or 2 seed.
They also finished just one game ahead of Syracuse. They finished tied for 5th with Virginia. Nothing they did in the regular season cries out #1 seed. Nothing. They were a middle of the pack ACC team. To be a 31 seed you should be elite during the regular season. If the name on their shirts said something other than Duke, #2 seed.

They've been a disjointed mess. I'd have to check, but I think you're right. Still, I said I thought they were much better and would be firing on all cylinders by year's end. They are. I personally think they should be the 4th number one seed. They are one of the 4 best teams right now but yeah, they haven't had one of the 4 best seasons so far. Tough call but I think they are better than Gonzaga for sure against a MUCH tougher schedule.

That's what I'm getting at. I thought we were rewarding teams for having the best body of work, not the best talent.

They've been a disjointed mess. I'd have to check, but I think you're right. Still, I said I thought they were much better and would be firing on all cylinders by year's end. They are. I personally think they should be the 4th number one seed. They are one of the 4 best teams right now but yeah, they haven't had one of the 4 best seasons so far. Tough call but I think they are better than Gonzaga for sure against a MUCH tougher schedule.
Well, that is the question. if it is, who are the best 4 teams right now, they have a case for a #1 seed. however, I think the question should be what 4 schools had the best seasons. If that is the question, they fall short.

All he said was tourney is better in NYC DC and or atlanta

If he just said that, it wouldn't have been a story. It was his tone, language and saying Greensboro "offered no value" that made this an issue.

If he just said that, it wouldn't have been a story. It was his tone, language and saying Greensboro "offered no value" that made this an issue.

He said it so what.He won't be coaching by the time acct is back there

Well, that is the question. if it is, who are the best 4 teams right now, they have a case for a #1 seed. however, I think the question should be what 4 schools had the best seasons. If that is the question, they fall short.
Yep, but I think they will get the #1 because Dan Gavitt said they were going to be looking at what happened in the ACC and Pac 10 Finals.

2007 Syracuse was 5 seed in the Big East tournament
Villanova was the 8 seed in the BET.

Both teams won their first game
Syracuse finished the regular season 10-6. Villanova was 9-7.

Villanova made the NCAA tournament.
Syracuse didn't.

People really don't get how the committee analyzes schedules if they think being one game better matters.
What matters is who you played and where you played them.
Nova's schedule was harder they got in.
Duke played the toughest schedule in the ACC regular season stop not looking at the numbers and spew this lazy hot sport take because they finished 5th by 1 game (looking at Dasher)behind 2nd they can't finish ahead of UNC

He said it so what.He won't be coaching by the time acct is back there

I don't care at all that he said it. I'm just saying JB saying the tournament is better in a big city is not why it became a story.

Jay Bilas saying "it's not even close, Syracuse is in" makes me feel better. I know he doesn't help make the decision, I know he's friends with JB too, but he's a very smart guy, so that gives me a good feeling.
Bilas is one of the best there is. But he often disagrees with the NCAA a lot

Syracuse didn't.

People really don't get how the committee analyzes schedules if they think being one game better matters.
Duke played the toughest schedule in the ACC regular season stop not looking at the numbers and spew this lazy hot sport take because they finished 5th by 1 game (looking at Dasher)behind 2nd they can't finish ahead of UNC
Yep, that's me. Lazy sports take. I have this lazy take that a #1 seed should have had a great regular season. Duke didn't have a great regular season. Far from it. I have no problem saying that they are one of the top 4 schools if we just looked at it right now. I believe the entire body of work should be considered. Not just a great last week. In Alsacs world, his opinion and take is the only way to look at something. Thankfully, we have him here to educate us.

Syracuse didn't.

We lost to Drexel and Wichita ST at home. That Nova team beat the 4th place Big 10(Iowa) team on a neutral court, Kevin Durants Texas team, and won at Oklahoma. We didn't get in due to the OOC being garbage.

Yep, that's me. Lazy sports take. I have this lazy take that a #1 seed should have had a great regular season. Duke didn't have a great regular season. Far from it. I have no problem saying that they are one of the top 4 schools if we just looked at it right now. I believe the entire body of work should be considered. Not just a great last week.

I actually think it's lazier that people have them a 1. They had lost 3 out of 4 before this week. We are giving them a 1 off 4 games?

We lost to Drexel and Wichita ST at home. That Nova team beat the 4th place Big 10(Iowa) team on a neutral court, Kevin Durants Texas team, and won at Oklahoma. We didn't get in due to the OOC being garbage.
When we lost to Drexel, a ass't coach of Syracuse said after the game that that game will have us on the bubble come selection Sunday. He was right.

Bilas is one of the best there is. But he often disagrees with the NCAA a lot

It just made me feel good. I'm not saying he's right but I like him having such conviction.

Good to see VCU get off to such a good start. Down 13-4

Yep, that's me. Lazy sports take. I have this lazy take that a #1 seed should have had a great regular season. Duke didn't have a great regular season. Far from it. I have no problem saying that they are one of the top 4 schools if we just looked at it right now. I believe the entire body of work should be considered. Not just a great last week. In Alsacs world, his opinion and take is the only way to look at something. Thankfully, we have him here to educate us.
Citing 5th place is what gets my frustration it's irrelevant.
In 2009 the Big East 3 1 seeds.
Finishing 5th in that conference wasn't a problem for seeding.
Regular season standings don't matter for the committee it's the schedule you played.
My point is and has been Duke finishing up 5th is irrelevant. If their resume is top

If the committee sees Duke's resume as top 4 In the nation it won't matter one iota they finished 5th in an unbalanced regular season.

Citing 5th place is what gets my frustration it's irrelevant
LOL the sky is blue. Who was talking about what the committee thinks. I said that I don't think that a 5th place team should get a #1 seed. Some people agree with that and others don't. in this case, if the jersey said a name other than Duke, pretty sure the committee would agree as well.

I hope VCU is on the bubble with a loss today in the eyes of the committee because so far RI is laying it on them

I think If UK wins the SEC tourney they have a legit argument for a 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom