Bubble Watch - Friday Conf Tourney (It's not over) | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Friday Conf Tourney (It's not over)

They're all healthy now. Just saying. Again I watch a lot of these guys, but don't sleep on them this year,

The great thing is we'll find out how good they are over the next few weeks.

I think they will do well. I find high offence teams tend to better in the tourney... it's easier to will yourself defensively than offensively.

I did see them play. Saw them lose to Butler and nearly lose to Michigan State. Saw Oregon beat them by 30. They're awesome.

That was Nov. They are about to take 2/3 against UCLA this year.

I strongly disagree, but we'll never know.

Yeah? I stongly disagree they are winning as many games against teams like Syracuse, FLA STATE, Wake Forest, Duke, UNC, Louisville, ND, UVA or even PITT and GT and Clemson. ACC is a meat grinder. Easy to be enamored with a team beating Oregon state , az State and Washington and Washington state all year.

I think they will do well. I find high offence teams tend to better in the tourney... it's easier to will yourself defensively than offensively.

I think so too. You watch this game of high level athletes and skill. There are no duds on the floor. Both teams playing pretty hard on D and Arizona players now are just making some awesome plays against other top notch athletes on UCLA. Just think what will happen when these teams move forward against inferior athletes and black holes on the court offensively?

There's no defense in the PAC 10. See the butler and MSU games.

Yeah? I stongly disagree they are winning as many games against teams like Syracuse, FLA STATE, Wake Forest, Duke, UNC, Louisville, ND, UVA or even PITT and GT and Clemson. ACC is a meat grinder. Easy to be enamored with a team beatng Oregon state , az State and Washington and Washington state all year.
There's no question the ACC's better and they'd have more losses. That doesn't mean they aren't 2 of the best teams in the country, which has been the case all year. They're as talented as anyone.

Right. Winning against PAC 10 patsies.

Nobody is saying they would go undefeated in the ACC. Chill out, man. I'm not stupid. But, I think they would easily dispose of SU/Clemson/Pitt/GT/Wake (not rocket science). The others would be tough games for sure. I think they would always be getting double-byes when the ACCT rolls around.

There's no question the ACC's better and they'd have more losses. That doesn't mean they aren't 2 of the best teams in the country, which has been the case all year. They're as talented as anyone.

You think they are 2 of the best teams in the country because they beat up on weak PAC 10 teams. I think they would barely be top 25 teams if they played in the Acc. 5th or 6th in the acc.

Nobody is saying they would go undefeated in the ACC. Chill out, man. I'm not stupid. But, I think they would easily dispose of SU/Clemson/Pitt/GT/Wake (not rocket science). The others would be tough games for sure. I think they would always be getting double-byes when the ACCT rolls around.

Eh...Syracuse, Clemson, Pitt, GT and wake all beat better teams than Arizona. This ain't the PAC 10. They couldn't beat Butler and should have lost to an average Michigan state team. What makes you think they are beating ACC teams, especially on the Road?

Eh...Syracuse, Clemson, Pitt, GT and wake all beat better teams than Arizona. This ain't the PAC 10. They couldn't beat Butler and should have lost to an average Michigan state team.
You crazy. Now you're just trolling.

You think they are 2 of the best teams in the country because they beat up on weak PAC 10 teams. I think they would barely be top 25 teams if they played in the Acc. 5th or 6th in the acc.

Wow. You clearly haven't seen these guys play (since Nov) or refuse to accept their talent level. I doubt you could name any players besides Ball, Leaf, Markkanen, Trier. UCLA went to Rupp in Dec btw and beat UK.

You crazy. Now you're just trolling.

• Syracuse beat Duke, Virginia and FSU
  • PITT beat Virginia and Maryland
  • GT beat Notre Dame, UNC and FSU
  • CLEMSON beat Wake who may be acc Arizona
  • Wake beat Louisville and VT

Arizona may be Miami or VT in the ACC

Look at the teams Arizona and UCLA beat to get here tonight. Washington, Washington State and Arizona State and Colorado. Impressive.

Last edited:
Wow. You clearly haven't seen these guys play (since Nov) or refuse to accept their talent level. I doubt you could name any players besides Ball, Leaf, Markkanen, Trier. UCLA went to Rupp in Dec btw and beat UK.

And you're clearly a USC guy watching them play crappy PAC 10 competitors.

Beating Kentucky and a bunch of freshmen is a good win, but much different than going to UNC, duke, uva, Syracuse, GT, Pitt, NC state even...Louisville, Florida state or Miami. Cmon..,there's 3-5 good teams in the PAC 10. Crap after that.

By the way, the 30 point loss to Oregon was a month ago, not November.

Last edited:
Listening to him, I

thank you. I was joking. I just can't see how they could already have the 36 at large teams.
feel better about our chances.

Some of the current at large will be conference champions opening a few spots

Last edited:
The 2017 Pac 12 is three great teams and 9 crappy ones. I've never seen a more top-heavy conference in my lifetime.

You must be blind then, or were born yesterday.

Big 12 = Kansas and ? every year.
SEC = UK, Florida, and ? every year.
ACC pre expansion was UNC and Dook and ? every year.
Gonzaga in whatever conference they play in, w St Mary's as occasional sidekick.

You must be blind then, or were born yesterday.

Big 12 = Kansas and ? every year.
SEC = UK, Florida, and ? every year.
ACC pre expansion was UNC and Dook and ? every year.
Gonzaga in whatever conference they play in, w St Mary's as occasional sidekick.
Speaking of blind, which part of "2017" do you not understand?

UCLA won at Rupp but @Pitt and @NC State is a bridge too far

That guy should ban himself for awhile posting gibberish such as UCLA/Arizona going into middle of the pack ACC teams on the road and having it being a real struggle. Sure they will lose here and there but no reason to think they shouldn't have UL/UNC/Duke/ND type success. I mean Bilas, Greenberg, and others have tried to set dummies straight on that topic all year! Bilas and Shulman talked about it a lot during an earlier UCLA/Arizona game in the season.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom