Bubble Watch - Friday Conf Tourney (It's not over) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Friday Conf Tourney (It's not over)

Yes - MTSU needs to win the CUSA because they may be an at-large.
right... why was I thinking they were occupying an at-large slot on the matrix?
(obv that's a rhetorical question ;))

We are going to make it.
Probably will play Vandy or TCU in Dayton.
CBS Selection Show, March 10, 2017...

"The 6th seed in the West region - the Iowa State Cyclones will face the winner of a play-in game matchup in Dayton between the ORANGE OF SYRACUSE..."
dWEyA_s-200x150.gif

"...against Jamie Dixon's TCU Horned Frogs!"
LttuJt.gif

Xavier 86
Marquette 85
Wake Forest 85
USC 83
Vanderbilt 81
Providence 80
Kansas St 78
Rhode Island 40
-----IN/OUT-------
Syracuse 35
Illinois St 25
Cal 6
Georgia 4
Houston 3
Illinois 3
TCU 1
Iowa 1
Indiana 0

If there are no bubble busters we are actually in modest shape... mind you this relies heavily on VCU. VCU is our best friend right now -- they can knock off Rhode Island in the semi's and keep the A-10 to 2 bids.

Don't think any of Cal, TCU, Indiana jump us with a win today... either way don't take a chance.

GO VCU!

wouldn't that be in the final, VCU vs RI? RI will play Davidson tomorrow, we could use a Davidson upset for sure. Assuming RI holds on vs St Bonnie now. I am not convinced Wake, USC or Vandy is ahead of us in the mind of the committee, so those who are burying us need to hold off on the funeral. We shall see. and once again, thanks for the update Jncuse!

In a few minutes here we'll morph into avid Davidson fans!

First time seeing the Bonnies.

They have no perimeter game.

SU beats them by 25.

Xavier 86
Marquette 85
Wake Forest 85
USC 83
Vanderbilt 81
Providence 80
Kansas St 78
Rhode Island 40
-----IN/OUT-------
Syracuse 35
Illinois St 25
Cal 6
Georgia 4
Houston 3
Illinois 3
TCU 1
Iowa 1
Indiana 0

If there are no bubble busters we are actually in modest shape... mind you this relies heavily on VCU. VCU is our best friend right now -- they can knock off Rhode Island in the semi's and keep the A-10 to 2 bids.

Don't think any of Cal, TCU, Indiana jump us with a win today... either way don't take a chance.

GO VCU!

Cal beating ORE may be kind of a big deal. Very unlikely though.

I don't think it matters after RI wins today . :(
as jn correctly points out, beating the Bonnies does nothing for them, and beating Davidson might not either - which is why it could actually be argued that Dayton losing was bad for RI, too, other than it (in theory) providing an easier path to the auto-bid for them

CBS Selection Show, March 10, 2017...

"The 6th seed in the West region - the Iowa State Cyclones will face the winner of a play-in game matchup in Dayton between the ORANGE OF SYRACUSE..."
dWEyA_s-200x150.gif

"...against Jamie Dixon's TCU Horned Frogs!"
LttuJt.gif

haha setting a record for the most losses ever in a matchup between two at large teams.

If TCU gets in without winning the Big 12 tourney I think I'll lose my lunch.

If RI was in front of Cuse before, they will remain in front. If they were behind, a win over the Bonnies doesn't change anything. Same is true against Davidson, tomorrow, for that matter.

The problem is the doomsday scenario which Marsh01 outlined, where RI makes the A10 final against someone like Richmond.

In all honesty, it's never over until the Selection Show is over. I'm sure Tulsa fans didn't think they had much of a chance last year at this time. You never know what the committee is going to ultimately decide.

alot of posting without reading in these bubble threads...

Reactions: MGP
In all honesty, it's never over until the Selection Show is over. I'm sure Tulsa fans didn't think they had much of a chance last year at this time. You never know what the committee is going to ultimately decide.

exactly. we'll have a shot no matter what happens. any team listed in the "first 4 out" is gonna have a shot. theres no guarantee teams like wake or vanderbilt or usc are ahead of us.

you should post this a few more times in a few more threads

If syracuse was victorious over miami on wednesday afternoon, 12 eastern time, syracuse would have likely solidified its NCAA tournament berth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom