Bubble Watch - Friday Conf Tourney (It's not over) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Friday Conf Tourney (It's not over)

I had us in last year when the board felt otherwise.
Short of bid stealers happening I have us in. College hoops sucks.
We have the quality wins.
Other teams have quantity wins.
The committee takes quality over quantity.

We are going to make it.
Probably will play Vandy or TCU in Dayton.

I had us in last year when the board felt otherwise.
Short of bid stealers happening I have us in. College hoops sucks.
We have the quality wins.
Other teams have quantity wins.
The committee takes quality over quantity.

We are going to make it.
Probably will play Vandy or TCU in Dayton.
hey you weren't the only one last year ;)

and remember one at-large matrix slot opens up if MTSU wins that tourney tomorrow

I don't think this is correct. The matrix has them as an auto-qualifier right now (in bold).

JB ?

He wouldn't do that on Selection Sunday.

It's either NCAA Ticket sales ... or NIT sales.

Or what's behind door #3 ... they already know they're NIT bound, and the team has voted not to play.

It was, but it was not the crusher as we still have VCU in our back pcoket. We still have not been passed for the last spot in (matrix or my personal view). But the water is now up to our chin, and we have 3 days to go.

Agreed but it was nice to have both Dayton and VCU as goalies. Now just one goalie remains, and the weaker one at that.

So what does that say about St. Mary's, whose signature win is @ Dayton?

I put St. Mary's and UVA in the same bucket in the sense both struggle to score and are wildly overrated.

hmm you might want to double check
(and cease with the declarative statements as to whether we're in or out - lots still up in the air right now)

we are clearly out. that has been the case since the baylor game last night

and remember one at-large matrix slot opens up if MTSU wins that tourney tomorrow
Is this accurate? Not doubting you, just not sure why/how that would be the case.

Xavier 86
Marquette 85
Wake Forest 85
USC 83
Vanderbilt 81
Providence 80
Kansas St 78
Rhode Island 40
-----IN/OUT-------
Syracuse 35
Illinois St 25
Cal 6
Georgia 4
Houston 3
Illinois 3
TCU 1
Iowa 1
Indiana 0

If there are no bubble busters we are actually in modest shape... mind you this relies heavily on VCU. VCU is our best friend right now -- they can knock off Rhode Island in the semi's and keep the A-10 to 2 bids.

Don't think any of Cal, TCU, Indiana jump us with a win today... either way don't take a chance.

GO VCU!

I imagine MTSU is occupying an auto slot in everyone's f ield right now, they won the league outright.

I imagine MTSU is occupying an auto slot in everyone's f ield right now, they won the league outright.

Yes - MTSU needs to win the CUSA because they may be an at-large.

hmm, I guess I'm not sure, that's how I had been reading it but now am thinking I was mistaken... jncuse ?

No spot will open up if MTSU wins. It will just stay as is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom