Bubble Watch - Friday Conf Tourney (It's not over) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Friday Conf Tourney (It's not over)

Fair enough, Let's put NJIT in the tourney than.

I wasn't arguing with you that Cal should be in. It was more to the point - which you initially agreed with (lol) - better to remove all potential candidates even if they are viewed as long shots plus they'd be one game away from an automatic. Yeesh.

Tulsa had 3 top 5o wins, including a win at #14 RPI SMU. Cal currently has 1.
Tulsa was 8-9 vs top 100. Cal is currently 6-11
Tulsa also had 6 road wins vs Cal's 3.

NEXT,
We can say all of that!

Florida gonna lose for a 3rd time to Vandy. Single handedly getting them into the Tourney I guess.

IMG_5268.GIF
Florida

Duke is smaller than us and has had no problems battling UNC on the boards.

Florida runs offense like we do. Bleed the clock and chuck up wild shots.

Duke is smaller than us and has had no problems battling UNC on the boards.

UNC is winning the rebounding battle by 10. This game
Is close because Joel Berry has been in foul trouble all night.

Roy leaving Berry on the bench for 10min while UNC got boatraced was hiliarous to watch

UNC is winning the rebounding battle by 10. This game
Is close because Joel Berry has been in foul trouble all night.
First half was a blowout rebound-wise. Seems like this half it's been a lot closer

there is 1 team that i can't wrap my head around why there a lock... oklahoma state, 1-7 vs top 25,3-10 vs top 50,6-11 vs top 100. best wins. @ wichita st,vs arkansas, west virginia,Kansas st

The best I have is they beat Wichita, West Virginia, Kansas St and TCU on the road. It seems that road teams did quite well in the Big 12 (I saw the same thing with Kansas St).

Under Committee logic, if two teams split the season series (but both win on the road) the resumes are better. Even if it's the same 1-1.

The best I have is they beat Wichita, West Virginia, Kansas St and TCU on the road. It seems that road teams did quite well in the Big 12 (I saw the same thing with Kansas St).

Under Committee logic, if two teams split the season series (but both win on the road) the resumes are better. Even if it's the same 1-1.
Home wins are 0.6 and road wins are 1.4. Extremely flawed.

One spin.

Before today Vandy had 2 wins against top 3 seeds. Now it has none
It's tough for me to give Vandy so much credit for beating Florida 3 times. Is beating Florida three times better than our wins? How good is Florida truly? I mean they beat U.K. At home pretty good but these SEC teams are hard to judge imo.

Tulsa had 3 top 5o wins, including a win at #14 RPI SMU. Cal currently has 1.
Tulsa was 8-9 vs top 100. Cal is currently 6-11
Tulsa also had 6 road wins vs Cal's 3.

NEXT,

These #s are a perfect example of how grouping #s ie top 50, top 100 etc. can be very misleading.

Cal's 6-11 you reference involves five losses to teams that will be seeded #3 or higher this year in the NCAA tournament. Tulsa's 8-9 last year didn't involve anybody anywhere near that zip code. Cal also lost two other games to teams that will very likely be single digit seeds in SH and UVA. The losses Cal incurred were far more challenging than what Tulsa faced.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying Cal deserves to be in the tournament.

As long as Cal loses, we got basically the best results we could today sans Rhode Island who still has to beat VCU to leap us. Vandy was already ahead of us so their win didn't hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom