Bubble Watch - Thursday Tourney Week | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Thursday Tourney Week

Some of you guys are gonna be crestfallen when USC gets the bid on Sunday.

Facts shmacts! USC's gap-toothed head coach was a millionaire businessman turned mid-major head coach who led Dunk City to the Sweet 16 and has a smokin hot wife. Plus it's USC. Who cares if their best road win is against #93 Texas A&M. It's a great story. Lock city, baby!

Road victories are important? Tell me how that works for SU.

There are going to be a few entrants that feel like they don't deserve a bid. The bubble is fugly.

18 of their wins are against teams 100 plus in the rpi, they piled up the cupcakes.

It's not impressing me. You just rarely say anyone should be in but Syracuse.

I don't even think we really deserve to get in, their are a lot of flawed teams out there. Usc is one of them, so is Uri, Kstate, Wake.

"USC is a lock"

"Why?"

"They won 24 games which includes UCLA and had no bad losses. That's a better resume than Syracuse's."

"But 11 of USC's wins came against teams with RPI of 200+ and only have two Top 50 wins compared to six for Syracuse."

"Yeah, but all of Syracuse's big wins came at home."

"So did USC's. Their best road win came against #93 Texas A&M compared to Syracuse's #67 Clemson."

giphy.gif

Why do you think Syracuse is so close to not making the Tournament?

Of course but not in your ranking system. You know, the same system that has IU making the tourney.

Well some semi good news to start. SMU broke a tie late and won by four over East Carolina and Kentucky is up 7 on Georgia at the half.

"USC is a lock"

"Why?"

"They won 24 games which includes UCLA and had no bad losses. That's a better resume than Syracuse's."

"But 11 of USC's wins came against teams with RPI of 200+ and only have two Top 50 wins compared to six for Syracuse."

"Yeah, but all of Syracuse's big wins came at home."

"So did USC's. Their best road win came against #93 Texas A&M compared to Syracuse's #67 Clemson."

giphy.gif

Very appropriate that you have homer in your post.

Also MTSU is up by 20 so there going to win. In less then stellar news Davidson beat Dayton in the A-10 tourney.

Of course but not in your ranking system. You know, the same system that has IU making the tourney.
I have no idea which "ranking system" you're talking about.

Well some semi good news to start. SMU broke a tie late and won by four over East Carolina and Kentucky is up 7 on Georgia at the half.

UK is not like a lot of the other power squads when it comes to their conference tournament. They usually come to play and take no prisoners.

Very appropriate that you have homer in your post.
I wasn't one of the SU fans declaring their lock status after Duke and GTech wins and if I was a homer I wouldn't be saying today that they're second-to-last in with VCU, Indiana, TCU and Houston breathing down their necks.

I wasn't one of the SU fans declaring their lock status after Duke and GTech wins and if I was a homer I wouldn't be saying today that they're second-to-last in with VCU, Indiana, TCU and Houston breathing down their necks.

Fair points but you ridicule other squads for the same deficiencies that SU has.

I watched the Rhode Island - St. Bonaventure game yesterday and it was pathetic. I'd be very surprised if SU couldn't beat RI by 10+. No consistent outside shooting. One big guy, Martin, who showed good skills 2 feet from the basket. 18 turnovers by the team. Solid defense though. With that said, win or lose today, I'll bet RI gets into the tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom