Bubble Watch - Thursday Tourney Week

What do we need to happen tomorrow?
We need Indiana to lose.
We need St. Bonaventure to win.
We need Cal to lose.
We need MTSU to win.
We need some PG recruits to commit.
We need Lydon to come back to school.
We need to renovate the Dome locker rooms.
We need to teach Taurean Thompson that his deltoids do in fact raise above his head.
We need to have JB teach some offensive sets.

We need a lot of things :)

Any chance this has relevance for us?

Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 12.01.59 AM.png

Lunardi still has us in...Although Xavier and K state won we are still very much in this thing.
-USC is in the last four in. They will drop out with a loss to UCLA
-Providence just lost to Creighton who was in the last 4 byes
-Vanderbilt is currently in the last 4 byes,will drop out with a loss. I don't think they will take a 15 loss SEC team over a 14 loss ACC team.
-Even though K State just got a big Win, they are still behind us and are 8-10 in the BIG 12,not good...
-Illinois and Iowa both lost today now we need Indiana to lose tomorrow.
-Georgia, Indiana, Houston and CAL won but need much more to get in, they are all next four out, we need them all to lose in the next 1-2 games.
-I think we are still very much ahead of Wake, we beat them h2h, finished higher in the ACC and have much better wins

I feel the same way. No reason to prolong the agony. This team had preseason expectations unlike any other. I'm still very optimistic for the future, but this has been rough.
Just curious, what makes you optimistic about the future?

Just curious, what makes you optimistic about the future?
Honestly, just based on our history I feel like we will recover. I think the team next year will be better depending on Lydon and if we can get a guard to come in, which I think we will. Battle will be a stud for us from the start next year and I like the two recruits and think they will both contribute. Also, I'm very hopeful we add Ayala or Duarte.

The biggest thing right now is recruiting and I know we have enough to offer at Syracuse for dudes to want to play here. The biggest issue as you know is we haven't been casting a wide enough net. I think that will soon change as we have been offering more players. You don't need a top 5 class to be competitive these days, there are too many good players. We will still land top 15 to 20 classes regularly.

Once the situation with JB clears up, I think the direction of the program will finally have a clear path again. The fact people don't know for sure has to be tough in recruiting and it has to be used against us. I think Hop will get with the times once he's the head guy.

With our fan base, facilities, national media attention, history, and conference, I just can't see us being down for long.

(Sorry for the long winded response)

Lunardi still has us in...Although Xavier and K state won we are still very much in this thing.
-Vanderbilt is currently in the last 4 byes,will drop out with a loss. I don't think they will take a 15 loss SEC team over a 14 loss ACC team.
-Even though K State just got a big Win, they are still behind us and are 8-10 in the BIG 12,not good...
-Georgia, Indiana, Houston and CAL won but need much more to get in, they are all next four out, we need them all to lose in the next 1-2 games.
-I think we are still very much ahead of Wake, we beat them h2h, finished higher in the ACC and have much better wins
goggles_orange_main.jpg

I'm not saying we are completely out yet , but I firmly think KSU beating Baylor puts them ahead of us.

by 2. That won't hurt em.

Ya that was my thought as well, we needed them to get blown out by 15-20+. That said at least they did lose.

Honestly, just based on our history I feel like we will recover. I think the team next year will be better depending on Lydon and if we can get a guard to come in, which I think we will. Battle will be a stud for us from the start next year and I like the two recruits and think they will both contribute. Also, I'm very hopeful we add Ayala or Duarte.

The biggest thing right now is recruiting and I know we have enough to offer at Syracuse for dudes to want to play here. The biggest issue as you know is we haven't been casting a wide enough net. I think that will soon change as we have been offering more players. You don't need a top 5 class to be competitive these days, there are too many good players. We will still land top 15 to 20 classes regularly.

Once the situation with JB clears up, I think the direction of the program will finally have a clear path again. The fact people don't know for sure has to be tough in recruiting and it has to be used against us. I think Hop will get with the times once he's the head guy.

With our fan base, facilities, national media attention, history, and conference, I just can't see us being down for long.

(Sorry for the long winded response)
Sounds more like wishful thinking than anything with substance, unfortunately.

I find it hard to believe we'll even be remotely good next year. We are likely losing our top 3 scorers, who are also our 3 best outside shooters. Battle should return, but who's going to help him? We have 2 recruits coming in that are front court players and not likely to have huge impact right away. Same with Moyer, who we have to hope is ready to go. We have no guards besides Battle. To be competitive next year, we have to knock the 5th year market out of the water again. Can we really expect to see the same impact we've had with White/Gillon? You simply cannot win with only 2 or 3 scoring threats. Maybe we'll get Keene and Igor from the 5th year market and survive, but that's the absolute best case scenario and not something that should be expected.

Hopefully, when the Hop transition is complete (for the 2018-2019 season?), recruiting will pick back up and we can get back to where we want to be. But right now, we are staring at some more down seasons, with the possibility for the worst of the JB era.

The Xavier and Kansas State wins were 2 more nails in the coffin. Even if the teams mentioned in recent posts (Indiana, Houston, etc.) all lose today we are a still a long shot to get into the tournament. Like everyone else I'm hoping that the bracketologists that have us in the field are right.

The Xavier and Kansas State wins were 2 more nails in the coffin. Even if the teams mentioned in recent posts (Indiana, Houston, etc.) all lose today we are a still a long shot to get into the tournament. Like everyone else I'm hoping that the bracketologists that have us in the field are right.
I feel like a Rhode Island win today would be the final nail in the coffin. Go Bonnies!!

by 2. That won't hurt em.
Right now USC is 1-6 against RPI top 25 and are 5-8 against RPI 100 or better. They needed a marquee win.
-K state is 3-7 against RPI 25 or better and 6-10 against RPI 100. They also have two very bad loss sub 150 and another around 140.
-point is if K Sate loses today they will be one game better than us 19-13 but will have had less wins and a worse winning percentage against quality teams. Not to mention they went 8-10 in a average conference we went 10-8 in the best conference (we are 3-4 against RPI 25 or better and 8-10 against RPI 100 or better but have bad losses).BTW our BPI is extremely high at 31 and kenpom is also good at 48 but RPI at 84.

Last edited:
Right now USC is 1-6 against RPI top 25 and are 5-8 against RPI 100 or better. They needed a marquee win.
Facts shmacts! USC's gap-toothed head coach was a millionaire businessman turned mid-major head coach who led Dunk City to the Sweet 16 and has a smokin hot wife. Plus it's USC. Who cares if their best road win is against #93 Texas A&M. It's a great story. Lock city, baby!

Facts shmacts! USC's gap-toothed head coach was a millionaire businessman turned mid-major head coach who led Dunk City to the Sweet 16 and has a smokin hot wife. Plus it's USC. Who cares if their best road win is against #93 Texas A&M. It's a great story. Lock city, baby!

Usc has no cache in bball, and most people have no clue who their head coach even is.

-K state is 3-7 against RPI 25 or better and 6-10 against RPI 100. They also have two very bad loss sub 150 and another around 140.
-point is if K Sate loses today they will be one game better than us 19-13 but will have had less wins and a worse winning percentage against quality teams. Not to mention they went 8-10 in a average conference we went 10-8 in the best conference (we are 3-4 against RPI 25 or better and 8-10 against RPI 100 or better but have bad losses).BTW our BPI is extremely high at 31 and kenpom is also good at 48 but RPI at 84.

A two point loss to one of the top teams in the country is not going to hurt USC.

Kenpom? He has UVA ranked #4 in his rankings. He's got plenty of other goofy ones in their too. Can you print out a report of his rankings and send it to me. I'm low on toilet paper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom