Bubble Watch - Week of February 4 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Week of February 4

For the hell of it, I decided to look at those that had us out.

Drew's Bracketology

This Drew guy doesn't even have us in his last 8 teams out. Had us as the 8th last team out on Sunday, and now we are not even on his list. Probably a Lunardi lover,

The Mind of Mike Broman

It's pretty clear the Mind of Mike Broman is influenced by crack.

Michigan still hasn't won a road game.

Yeah, you are right. I looked at their schedule again and it really isn't all that impressive. For some reason their computer numbers are pretty strong. 30 in KenPom and such. Their defense is even worse than ours if you go by his numbers. Yikes.

For the hell of it, I decided to look at those that had us out.

Drew's Bracketology

This Drew guy doesn't even have us in his last 8 teams out. Had us as the 8th last team out on Sunday, and now we are not even on his list. Probably a Lunardi lover,

The Mind of Mike Broman

It's pretty clear the Mind of Mike Broman is influenced by crack.

This is why the committee uses RPI because so many people smoke crack.

Yeah, you are right. I looked at their schedule again and it really isn't all that impressive. For some reason their computer numbers are pretty strong. 30 in KenPom and such. Their defense is even worse than ours if you go by his numbers. Yikes.

You raise a good point though on computer numbers... and maybe it is always like this, but there seems to be quite a disconnect this year between resume and computer ranking (Non RPI). An example would be Michigan or Oklahoma St.

(And I am not really referring to RPI vs KP, there are always differences there)

Took a night off from college basketball last night, but there was really one result of significant interest, that was mentioned above.

upload_2017-2-10_9-28-27.png

These are the great opportunities a P5 team gets at home. This was probably near a 50/50 game. Indiana continues the downward slide -- how did they start so well? I think they may be on the outside after this,

Took a night off from college basketball last night, but there was really one result of significant interest, that was mentioned above.

View attachment 89142

These are the great opportunities a P5 team gets at home. This was probably near a 50/50 game. Indiana continues the downward slide -- how did they start so well? I think they may be on the outside after this,

I would think Indiana is out without doing some work. Not sure how a Big 10 team gets in if they finish below 500 in the conference this year.

View attachment 89142

They lost Blackmon Jr. for the season a few weeks back. And then lost Anunoby too.

Wow he has Clemson and Georgia Tech ahead of Syracuse? Wonder what he bases that on.

Going into yesterday's games...

Sagarin/KenPom/BPI/RPI

Syracuse - 37/47/30/62
Clemson - 45/43/41/55
Georgia Tech - 65/81/103/77

I don't even think Georgia Tech is on the bubble at this point.
How is Clemson that high in anybody's list? Look at their record and their schedule. There are many examples this year of teams that have decent computer numbers that their schedules and records don't seem to support. It makes me wonder about the calibration methods that are in use.

How is Clemson that high in anybody's list? Look at their record and their schedule. There are many examples this year of teams that have decent computer numbers that their schedules and records don't seem to support. It makes me wonder about the calibration methods that are in use.
A fairly impressive OOC performance. Wins at South Carolina and against Georgia and Alabama. Only two losses were against Xavier and Oklahoma.

Do we think we can glean anything bubble related from the committee releasing the top 16 seeds this weekend? I guess we'll be able to see where some of the various high level wins rank among bubble teams; for instance, I'd like (and expect) to see both FSU and UVA named on Saturday.

it is every year, but this year especially the rpi is all kinds of whacky as dollarbill says - several undeserving teams being kept afloat: Wake at rpi 29, Tennessee at 33, Vanderbilt (record of 12-12!) at 47... ugh

it is every year, but this year especially the rpi is all kinds of whacky as dollarbill says - several undeserving teams being kept afloat: Wake at rpi 29, Tennessee at 33, Vanderbilt (record of 12-12!) at 47... ugh

yep, I guarantee the committee will be looking at all of the computer rankings, RPI makes no sense in a lot of cases. You can certainly argue that our Sagarin and BPI are too strong, but you look at everything and at this point we are a legit NCAA team.

I like the matrix because it consolidates things and captures quite a few people who know what they are doing. But there are some ridiculous outliers on the matrix.

Today's stupidest bracket of the day:

2017 NCAAB Bracketology

Wake Forest is an 8 seed
Pitt is an 11 seed
Syracuse out of the tournament

Way to go dumbass.

I like the matrix because it consolidates things and captures quite a few people who know what they are doing. But there are some ridiculous outliers on the matrix.

Today's stupidest bracket of the day:

2017 NCAAB Bracketology

Wake Forest is an 8 seed
Pitt is an 11 seed
Syracuse out of the tournament

Way to go dumbass.
Has to be Dougie G's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie