Buddy Boeheim: OKC Thunder | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim: OKC Thunder

Are you referring to the reality of the situation, or how the situation SHOULD be?
I'm putting my money on the reality. One caveat- if he signs a Top 15 pick and the AD doesn't want to risk it, a la the "Jimmy Chitwood" situation in Hoosiers.
Call it wishful thinking, but a sub-500 with no postseason would be the last straw. JMHO

Nice for his job to allow this sort of thing during a critical time of year.

I get it. I’m the bad guy, not compassionate, blah. I have two kids and I’d want to be there too. But there are literally 8 days this month you need to do your job and he missed at least a quarter of them.
Tommy Lee Jones I Dont Care GIF

Jimmy and Buddy are playing now, 4pm, on ESPNU.

It is interesting how much the guys have progressed this week. Playing much more as a unit.

End of the 1sr half Buddy has 5 pts, 4 rebs and 1 ast. Jimmy has not scored and has 1 reb.

Both Boeheims having good all around games. Been in together.

Buddy finished with 5 pts, 5 rebs, 2 ast. Shot 2-6 and 1-5 from 3. Played 27 mins.

Jimmy finished with 5 pts, 1 reb, 2 asts. Shot 2-5 and 0-3 from 3. Played 13 mins.

Jimmy most likely will head overseas if he wants a pro career. He's done very well at both Cornell and Syracuse (He was a much better player than I thought). He's a very smart guy who could end up going into the corporate world, satisfied with getting a chance to wear an NBA uniform in summer league. Buddy wasn't bad but also didn't stand out in summer league. Being on a two way contract gives him a chance to continue his pursuit of an NBA career. Cole is is in a better situation - for one, he had a better showing in summer league and two, come the regular season, he will have the opportunity to be on the floor with 2 great players who command a lot of attention.

Jimmy most likely will head overseas if he wants a pro career. He's done very well at both Cornell and Syracuse (He was a much better player than I thought). He's a very smart guy who could end up going into the corporate world, satisfied with getting a chance to wear an NBA uniform in summer league. Buddy wasn't bad but also didn't stand out in summer league. Being on a two way contract gives him a chance to continue his pursuit of an NBA career. Cole is is in a better situation - for one, he had a better showing in summer league and two, come the regular season, he will have the opportunity to be on the floor with 2 great players who command a lot of attention.

He will be a success in whatever life has in store for him, even though I think it’s a stretch to say he did well at Syracuse.

Buddy played 2 mins last night vs the Knicks. No stats.

Buddy will be playing for the Pistons G League affiliate and will be called up from time to time. Hopefully, he will see some playing time with the Pistons and make the most of the opportunities.

Today at 5pm Eastern is the final NBA roster cuts. Does Buddy have a chance to make the Pistons? Has he been cut already? I don’t follow it too closely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom