Buddy Boeheim receives invite to NBA G-League Elite camp | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim receives invite to NBA G-League Elite camp

With Marcus Smart out last game, Pritchard played 24 minutes because of his ability to back up the point. Clearly not Buddy’s game.

I just can’t think of an equivalent player in todays nba that buddy plays like, or could. He’s not a three and D guy. He doesn’t have the handle, motor or athleticism of Tyler Herro or Duncan Robinson.
Robinson is an elite NBA shooter but teams have figured out how to defend him now. His minutes were all over the place this year. As for Tyler Herro... that kid is an all star talent. There is no comparison to Buddy.

Not Buddy's fault. He was by all accounts a great teammate. Any criticism you have needs to be aimed at his father.
Buddy most definitely grew up in a great situation and by all accounts worked extremely hard to become a really good college player.
Lets hope he does well in camp and gets a chance to play professionally.

Not Buddy's fault. He was by all accounts a great teammate. Any criticism you have needs to be aimed at his father.
Buddy most definitely grew up in a great situation and by all accounts worked extremely hard to become a really good college player.
It’s also leveled at the guys who honestly think Buddy works harder than everyone else who may play in the NBA. Where do they get the data to make this assertion?

Agreed.
Good college defenders were able to, if not shut him down, then severely restrict his offensive game. In the Association he’d be rendered null and void.
But I’ll never count the kid out. Go get ‘em, Buddy!

he isnt going to be the #1 option in the NBA and will NEVER have to create with the ball in his hands.

he is going to easily play professionally. the only question is where. NBA/G League/Europe

It’s also leveled at the guys who honestly think Buddy works harder than everyone else who may play in the NBA. Where do they get the data to make this assertion?
“Coach Boeheim is very proud of his son Buddy and the hard work he has put in. In fact, he says he is probably the hardest working player he has ever coached. Buddy lifts for 2 hours and shoots for 2 hours daily on his own! From not ranked in the top 300 of his high school way, Buddy's work ethic has made him a national story!”

Read More: Coach Boeheim Says Buddy is Hardest Working Player He Has Had | Coach Boeheim Says Buddy is Hardest Working Player He Has Had

The kid is living his dream. Some people…
I’m not sure anyone is disparaging Buddy just for the hell of it. If he sticks in the NBA, we’d all be ecstatic.
What I’m seeing are honest evals of his game based on what we’ve watched for the last 4 years. It’s a legit debate- not random potshots at him.
As others have said, the kid has worked hard and frankly surpassed most, if not all, expectations. He has a shot…that’s all you can ask for. Jmho

I’m not sure anyone is disparaging Buddy just for the hell of it. If he sticks in the NBA, we’d all be ecstatic.
What I’m seeing are honest evals of his game based on what we’ve watched for the last 4 years. It’s a legit debate- not random potshots at him.
As others have said, the kid has worked hard and frankly surpassed most, if not all, expectations. He has a shot…that’s all you can ask for. Jmho
I think the point was, you are not seeing ALL the evals (that WERE posted) in this thread. :)

Exceeded all reasonable expectations from when he signed. I remember hearing the “he’s only here because of his dad” to carrying us to a sweet 16, 1st team all-acc, leading scorer in the conference. Keep proving everyone wrong Buddy, we’re all pulling for you.

“Coach Boeheim is very proud of his son Buddy and the hard work he has put in. In fact, he says he is probably the hardest working player he has ever coached. Buddy lifts for 2 hours and shoots for 2 hours daily on his own! From not ranked in the top 300 of his high school way, Buddy's work ethic has made him a national story!”

Read More: Coach Boeheim Says Buddy is Hardest Working Player He Has Had | Coach Boeheim Says Buddy is Hardest Working Player He Has Had

Yes, and Otto Porter was the best small forward in Big East history.

Off-the-cuff superlatives aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Just say he's a good kid who works hard and wish him the best.

Agreed.
Good college defenders were able to, if not shut him down, then severely restrict his offensive game. In the Association he’d be rendered null and void.
But I’ll never count the kid out. Go get ‘em, Buddy!

I mean... yes and no. The difference is that in college, the opposition made Buddy the focal point, and did everything they could to stop him.

On an NBA team, Buddy would be the fourth or fifth option, and would just have to get to spots within the structured offense and wait for kicks for wide open jumpers.

I'm not saying that he's going to get drafted [but he might], or that he's a sure fire NBA player [but he certainly could be]. Also, when he's on the floor, it's not like he'd have Patrick Beverly on him -- those types of defenders will be focused on other players, and Buddy is a guy who can make them pay for daring him to shoot. That's why I think he's got a better than solid chance to make an NBA roster and stick as a role player.

Yes, and Otto Porter was the best small forward in Big East history.
giphy.gif

JB absolutely should be very proud of his son. And I'm sure Buddy has worked extremely hard. However, I don't believe the accuracy of JB's comments concerning his own son. We know JB's penchant for hyperbole.

For those suggesting he would make open shots...Watch the Suns/Mavs game tonight and watch Chris Paul pick which defender he can pick on over and over again. Buddy needs to pick up his defense substantially to even get a sniff.

For those suggesting he would make open shots...Watch the Suns/Mavs game tonight and watch Chris Paul pick which defender he can pick on over and over again. Buddy needs to pick up his defense substantially to even get a sniff.
Needless to say, not every PG is a Chris Paul. If Buddy brings offence, he'd be a nice weapon off the bench for a 2nd unit. Worse case he will make a living playing the game he loves.

Buddy could make the NBA if he gets a shot on the right team. It would have to be a playoff team with at least 2 offensive stars who command a lot of attention and which allows him to do what he does best - spot up shoot. Also, his time on the floor would be limited but must be effective.