Buddy is Top 5 in NCAA in Made Threes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy is Top 5 in NCAA in Made Threes

He leads team in 3pt%, has highest eFG% of non-centers.

I wanted to compare the SGs of the last decade - not this team (see post responding to). Although slightly surprised he's ahead of Hughes, but I guess his shooting rut of late may account for that.

Anyway, so effective FG% - I want to compare him to Battle, as before that it was Cooney and I can't imagine his is good...……..AT ALL.
His might be negative. If such a thing were possible. :)

1580845555116.png

I wanted to compare the SGs of the last decade - not this team (see post responding to). Although slightly surprised he's ahead of Hughes, but I guess his shooting rut of late may account for that.

Anyway, so effective FG% - I want to compare him to Battle, as before that it was Cooney and I can't imagine his is good...……..AT ALL.
His might be negative. If such a thing were possible. :)
In 2018-19, Battle's eFG% was 47.9%
In 2017-18, Battle's eFG% was 46.5%
In 2016-17, Battle's eFG% was 53.6%

In 2015-16, Cooney's eFG% was 45.5%
In 2014-15, Cooney's eFG% was 45.3%
In 2013-14, Cooney's eFG% was 53.9%
In 2012-13, Cooney's eFG% was 41.8%

This year, Buddy's eFG% is 53.3%
Last year, Buddy's eFG% was 50.5%

That last sentence is stunning. (Actually, it's 78-77 Andy right now, but Buddy has a good chance to pass him.)

Stunning is the right word.

Though I can remember exactly one non-3 that Rautins hit before his senior year (a layup to beat Marquette in 2009), so it kind of makes sense. He either didn't have that skill or didn't have that green light for 75% of his career. Even so, it's cool that Buddy's got a jump on that phase of his development.

White's eFG% was 56.5% in his lone year wearing Orange.

So...somewhat better than Boeheim. And that's assuming that poster's "best shooter" referred to eFG% (which it wouldn't have if I'd been the one making that contention).

I was mostly mocking the hyperbole. I'm very pleased with what Boeheim's contributing at the 2 on offense, he's greatly exceeded my expectations. And his numbers are historically very strong. But not too many people who've been watching Syracuse basketball for years would call him the best shooter they've seen here.

COONEY!!!!! He makes the list? That sort of surprises me for some reason. Does he fall off a cliff after that, or relatively stable?

* NM - Malpearl quite kindly listed it above!

Cooney and Battle were offensive equals!!! I love stats!

COONEY!!!!! He makes the list? That sort of surprises me for some reason. Does he fall off a cliff after that, or relatively stable?

* NM - Malpearl quite kindly listed it above!

He shot like 45 percent from 3 that year until mid February and then fell off a cliff.

So you started following the team sometime after Andrew White played here...3 years ago?
I would take Jackson over him right now.

And even if you wouldn't, Buddy is already a better shooter than White was as a sophomore and by the time he's a senior (not a redshirt senior like White was here) I'm confident my opinion will be shared by many.

most of the dudes listed above could dribble a lick ...

I would take Jackson over him right now.

And even if you wouldn't, Buddy is already a better shooter than White was as a sophomore and by the time he's a senior (not a redshirt senior like White was here) I'm confident my opinion will be shared by many.

I think he's got room to improve in a lot of ways, it should be fun to watch. Awesome to be shooting so well as a sophomore.

They were "offensive equals" in the narrow sense that they both had a year where they shot the ball pretty well.

But Tyus' ability to get to the FT line, his higher assist rate, and his significantly higher usage rate would lead most folks to conclude that one guy was better offensively than the other.

He shot like 45 percent from 3 that year until mid February and then fell off a cliff.
16-for-69 (23.2 %) from 3-pt range from Feb 15th onward.

74-for-171 (43.3 %) from 3-pt range before that.

They were "offensive equals" in the narrow sense that they both had a year where they shot the ball pretty well.

But Tyus' ability to get to the FT line, his higher assist rate, and his significantly higher usage rate would lead most folks to conclude that one guy was better offensively than the other.

And therein lies my issue with hitching our wagon to Buddy...a high minute SG with very little versatility is problematic at this level without a much, much, much more dynamic PG.

I am curious what happens next season. But a tad frightened.

"Yeah, White and Cooney always reminded me of Maravich when they had the ball in their hands."

OK you rank them then . andy . triche. scoop. tyus .cooney. aw3. dion. gillon and buddy.

curious to see your take who's the worst handle here . (hint : one dude never brings the ball cross court.)
list them 1-9.

"Yeah, White and Cooney always reminded me of Maravich when they had the ball in their hands."

OK you rank them then . andy . triche. scoop. tyus .cooney. aw3. dion. gillon and buddy.

curious to see your take who's the worst handle here . (hint : one dude never brings the ball cross court.)
list them 1-9.
This thread wasn't about ball-handling prowess until you showed up to pollute it.

Battle and Buddy have the same career assist rate so far.

Ahh...saw you meant Cooney...my bad.

This thread wasn't about ball-handling prowess until you showed up to pollute it.
i'll just read that as last. there's a lot more to shooting guard than just shooting.

And therein lies my issue with hitching our wagon to Buddy...a high minute SG with very little versatility is problematic at this level without a much, much, much more dynamic PG.

I am curious what happens next season. But a tad frightened.
I’m less concerned about the offense than you are - since the offense is significantly better this year than it was during the last two seasons, when we featured a more athletic, but poorer-shooting 2-guard.

My concern is more on the defensive end - need to see improvement from the guards and from the bigs for us to get back to where we would all like to be.

list them 1-9.

For the love of god, now your problem is that he isn't a primary ball handler? JFC, you are nuts.

Who the hell cares, there are two guys JB has entrusted with it, and I'm pretty sure that I saw him as a primary outlet while breaking dukes press.

Just stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom