Buddy is Top 5 in NCAA in Made Threes | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy is Top 5 in NCAA in Made Threes

Do you believe Buddy is a P5 player on a team that plays man to man defense exclusively?

The Buddy of today? I think so!

More significantly though, I've taken everything I've learned in these threads about eFG%, shooting threes, off/def efficiency ratings, what Coach K says about stuff, etc., and come to the conclusion that Steve Novak, was, in fact, the most underutilized player in NBA history. Also, a strong argument could be made that he was not only the best player on the Knicks in 2011-2012, but also the best player in the entire NBA.

That was probably was the case in multiple seasons.

How is he good at 3s but he only hits around 70% of his FTs?
Seriously, this seems odd.

hey buddy is great. wonderful kid, wonderful stroke and a great competitor . but Buddy also is now our #1 offensive option every trip . 50 minutes logged less than his versatile team mate elijah hughes but only 7 shots shy of his total ? JB has apparently designed his new offensive scheme to feature his son. wonderful.

hey buddy is great. wonderful kid, wonderful stroke and a great competitor . but Buddy also is now our #1 offensive option every trip . 50 minutes logged less than his versatile team mate elijah hughes but only 7 shots shy of his total ? JB has apparently designed his new offensive scheme to feature his son. wonderful.
who got the ball at the end of the game? That would be Hughes.

What are you talking about? Hughes has been far and away our number 1 option all year. He is in a bit of a shooting slump and Buddy has been on fire. You ride the hot hand. Buddy is shooting good shots in the rhythm of the offense. Out of all his shots yesterday I thought maybe 1 was not the greatest shot selection, but I was still confident it was going on. Crazy talk.

What are you talking about? Hughes has been far and away our number 1 option all year. He is in a bit of a shooting slump and Buddy has been on fire. You ride the hot hand. Buddy is shooting good shots in the rhythm of the offense. Out of all his shots yesterday I thought maybe 1 was not the greatest shot selection, but I was still confident it was going on. Crazy talk.
It's just head shaking stuff.

Crazy talk.
just stats. buddy shoots more per minute . don't know what else to say. 3rd in the ACC attempts.
i'd call that a "focal point" of your offensive strategy.

just stats. buddy shoots more per minute . don't know what else to say. 3rd in the ACC attempts.
You watch the games? Who is the #1 option? We aren't disappointed when Buddy shoots. He is a great shooter. But the offense goes through Hughes.

i'd call that a "focal point" of your offensive strategy.
Buddy fg shooting is .5% lower than Hughes from 2 and is shooting almost 41% from three. You want your best shooters shooting the ball. It is one thing if he was shooting a low percentage, but he is our best shooter. I don’t understand why that’s a problem?

Buddy fg shooting is .5% lower than Hughes from 2 and is shooting almost 41% from three. You want your best shooters shooting the ball. It is one thing if he was shooting a low percentage, but he is our best shooter. I don’t understand why that’s a problem?
didn't say problem . i said it was reality. buddy is shooting option #1 based on volume of shots alone .
and this is JB'S game plan.

Last edited:
didn't say problem . i said it was reality. buddy is shooting option #1 based on volume of shots alone .
and this is JB'S game plan.
No, they attempt field goals at essentially the same rate, and factoring in free throws, Hughes actually shoots the ball at a greater rate. Who else would you want attempting the most shots on this team besides these two guys? It seems like the best way to score points this season, but I'd be interested in hearing your ideas, coach tbone.

Buddy against above 500 ACC teams: 12/41 6/24

Buddy against Iowa and PSU: 7/26 4/13

He's really good against the bad teams. Luckily the ACC is really down this year.

Buddy against above 500 ACC teams: 12/41 6/24

Buddy against Iowa and PSU: 7/26 4/13

He's really good against the bad teams. Luckily the ACC is really down this year.
Lol come on guys. This is absurd. The good teams face guard Buddy and make other people beat them. Hughes has also shot poorly against the top tier teams. It’s a team issue, not a Buddy issue. I don’t care if buddy is shooting 0-9, I still expect that 10th one to go in. Now we’re nitpicking games instead of looking at the entire season. Buddy is our best shooter, period.

Lol come on guys. This is absurd. The good teams face guard Buddy and make other people beat them. Hughes has also shot poorly against the top tier teams. It’s a team issue, not a Buddy issue. I don’t care if buddy is shooting 0-9, I still expect that 10th one to go in. Now we’re nitpicking games instead of looking at the entire season. Buddy is our best shooter, period.

Yes the good teams play better defense against him and he's not good enough to overcome good defense.

Well he’s more efficient than Hughes so what’s his excuse...

I haven't broken down his stats by opponent but he's not great either. Probably why we've struggled the last two years.

My point is ideally they would be like 2nd and 4th options but our team is not very talented so they have to step up.

Idk what I'm even arguing about anymore tbh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom