Buddy is Top 5 in NCAA in Made Threes | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy is Top 5 in NCAA in Made Threes

Here we go!

Eh, I didn't complain about Tyus. Who are people like me? Racist!

I had no issue with Tyus. He could have shot better, but he shot well enough as a Frosh, and after that was a bit below what you would like, but he also had a pretty decent skill set otherwise. For his career he shot where Girard is now, so it can't be THAT bad.

A lot of people here did complain he couldn’t shoot, didn’t rebound, and played too many mInutes. Sound familiar? Girard is a Freshman, and most great shooters struggle as freshmen. Their %’s won’t be close by the time Girard leaves. But you know that.

Okay, you must on some level see how usage plays a part in this right? I mean, do you watch mid-majors play against teams like UVA or other good defensive teams? Even their stumbling, bumbling non-P5 talents make it to the rim on occasion. It really, truly happens. Do you think those teams just stand on the other end of half-court and throw the ball baseball style at the rim?

Not sure what you’re getting at here. Do you think Girard and Buddy stumble and bumble to the rim? Buddy is a 6-6, slower SG. He’s not Jalen Carey. When he gets goin to the rim, it takes a while. But’s he’s not sitting back like Ryan McMahon from Louisville just shooting 3’s. Girard is actually pretty good and scores at the rim on a fairly regular basis. Do you not see that?

The fact that it happens doesn't make them ALL good at driving to the rim. It just means, it happens.

So, it happens, you just don’t like the way I it looks?

Not all that shocking - you look for mismatches, you try to exploit. I'm not sure that means your good at driving the ball to the rim.

Think Joey G does a good job here. Buddy too.

If you play 40 MPG at GUARD, and we're getting excited because you're occasionally making somewhere near the rim, and that's a vast improvement over what we were seeing before...god save us all.

I mean, what do you want? Our guards going to the rim on every play? We have 3 excellent shooters. We’re gonna shoot the 3. But we do get to the rim. We shot something like 37 free throws vs. Duke, 21 from Hughes, Buddy, and Joey G.

Uh, I guess they shoot against whomever is on their schedule.
Buddy shoots a lot of threes. I concur. He shoots very well. I concur.

Exactly. Would think it’s a little easier shooting against lesser talented, less athletic teams.

Buddy! God awful 2018-2019 Buddy Boeheim, who struggled mightily early in the year, but came back later in the year and shocked the world! Likely because he's amazing at practice, but still - he did it! Did you just start watching games this year?

Not sure what your point is here. Buddy struggled shooting, as most freshman do. He got opportunities and kept shooting and played really well.

How am I supposed to ask Coach K? We are NOT on speaking terms. Plus, why would I ask him about Buddy going nuts against UVA? I saw the game. Weird tangent.

Point is Coach K rides his players too. He’s always had kids play 40 minutes. Tre Jones, Tyus Jones, Grayson Allen, Quinn Cook, JJ Redick, etc. It’s not an issue, and K has said it.

Nobody thinks it's inconceivable that kids can play 40 minutes...this is such a stupid argument that comes around all the time. He went off in an OT where he played 40 minutes - not shocking. He was pretty bad most of the other 40 minutes that game...but that's not relevant here.

Exactly. So why complain about Buddy playing too many minutes?

Of course they can do it, of course even at the end of games they'll still have enough left in the tank to do ****.

Correct.

It's not like it's some declining percentage and they redline at 40 minutes and fall apart.
100% energy at tip for all the starters!
75% at the 10:00 mark!
50% at Halftime!
25% at the 10:00 mark (2nd half)
0% when the games over! They're literally dead! Everyone's dead!

I feel like this is what you think you're arguing against. It's not. Nobody thinks that's what will happen. Nope. It's just a matter of whether you think developing a bench is important, and if you think those guys are worth throwing some minutes do. I do. You don't. It's all good.

Don’t believe you develop a bench in a few minutes per game. Playing Jesse Edwards a couple minutes against Clemson won’t suddenly make him 20 pounds heavier and a much better player. Improvement generally takes time, practice, and time in the S&C program. We are trying to win games. The best players will play.

Why do I like arguing? It entertains me and I don't agree with you...
What's idiotic? You taking the time to respond to a joke as if there was an ounce of seriousness in it?

It entertains you? That’s the weird part. So do you just look for things to argue about?

Eh...sometimes it’s hard to tell when people are joking. You’re full of jokes, I guess.

Last edited:
So it looks like 34 kids ”outshooting“ Buddy in the Top 10 conferences?
Looks correct. 80 total. 18 of them are from the Top 6 Conferences (Power 5 + Big East). Contrary to the original comment that sent me down this rabbit hole, the overwhelming majority of these kids start (only 3 of the 80 kids routinely come off the bench) and almost all of them play heavy minutes.

Looks correct. 80 total. 18 of them are from the Top 6 Conferences (Power 5 + Big East). Contrary to the original comment that sent me down this rabbit hole, the overwhelming majority of these kids start (only 3 of the 80 kids routinely come off the bench) and almost all of them play heavy minutes.

That’s some fine research. What I found interesting from Matt’s original post, is that while Buddy is 11th in total 3pt attempts, only 1 kid in the Top 10 (3’s attempted) shoots a higher % than Buddy. At that volume, it’s hard to keep shooting a high percentage.

We’ve seen this with Gmac, Rautins, Southerland, Cooney, and Andrew White.

Last edited:
Eh...their games are very similar, both great shooters, high scorers, they are the same size, they work out together, etc.

The comparison makes sense.
Jimmer was bigger and in my opinion a better athlete. JG3 seems to have a better concept of team and passing. People are forgetting how good Jimmer was.

Jimmer was bigger and in my opinion a better athlete. JG3 seems to have a better concept of team and passing. People are forgetting how good Jimmer was.

Jimmer 6-2, 195 as a Sr. Joe 6-1, 183 as a freshman. They look about the same height in the workout video. Jimmer bigger now, of course.

Joe’s had a better freshman season than Jimmer had. Jimmer was awesome. 29ppg as a Sr and won every award. Think Joe has that potential.

Jimmer 6-2, 195 as a Sr. Joe 6-1, 183 as a freshman. They look about the same height in the workout video. Jimmer bigger now, of course.

Joe’s had a better freshman season than Jimmer had. Jimmer was awesome. 29ppg as a Sr and won every award. Think Joe has that potential.
I agree. Joe is going to carve out a nice legacy here.

This comment really intrigued me for some reason, and so I went down the rabbit hole of looking at the kids that have out-shot Buddy from 3-pt range with 100 or more attempts. I started with the Power 5 Conferences and then expanded to the Top 10 Conferences (as ranked by KenPom). Here's the list, along with whether or not they start or come off the bench, plus the percentage of team minutes they've played this year:

Big 10
- Myreon Jones, Penn St – 52-126 (41.3%) – Starter, has played 73.6% of team’s minutes this year

Big 12
- Desmond Bane, TCU – 54-123 (43.9%) – Starter, has played 87.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Thomas Dziagwa, Ok St – 50-119 (42.0%) – Started 15 of 20 games, has played 58.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Brady Manek, Oklahoma – 57-136 (41.9%) – Starter, has played 77.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Tyrese Haliburton, Iowa St – 49-118 (41.5%) – Starter, has played 88.4% of team’s minutes this year

Big East
- Saddiq Bey, Villanova – 53-114 (46.5%) – Starter, has played 84.2% of team’s minutes this year
- Mitch Ballock, Creighton – 71-157 (45.2%) – Starter, has played 91.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Sean McDermott, Butler – 50-116 (43.1%) – Starter, has played 81.0% of team’s minutes this year

Pac 12
- Spencer Jones, Stanford – 55-126 (43.7%) – Starter, has played 73.1% of team’s minutes this year
- Anthony Mathis, Oregon – 71-157 (45.2%) – Started 18 of 23 games, has played 57.3% of team’s minutes this year
- Tyrell Terry, Stanford – 41-100 (41.0%) – Starter, has played 75.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Payton Pritchard, Oregon – 58-145 (40.0%) – Starter, has played 87.7% of team’s minutes this year

SEC
- Aaron Nesmith, Vanderbilt – 60-115 (52.2%) – Starter, averaged 35.7 minutes per game this year
- John Petty, Alabama – 67-148 (45.3%) – Starter, has played 84.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Noah Locke, Florida – 53-127 (41.7%) – Starter, has played 74.3% of team’s minutes this year

ACC
- Ryan McMahon, Louisville – 49-108 (45.4%) – Started first 13 games, now coming off the bench, has played 62.8% of team’s minutes this year
- Jordan Nwora, Louisville – 54-127 (42.5%) – Starter, has played 81.5% of team’s minutes this year
- TJ Gibbs, Notre Dame – 55-132 (41.7%) – Starter, has played 85.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse – 77-193 (39.9%) – Starter, has played 89.5% of team’s minutes this year

American Athletic Conference

- Isiaha Mike, SMU – 48-116 (41.4%) – Starter, has played 76.3% of team’s minutes this year
- Alani Moore, Temple – 46-114 (40.4%) – Starter, has played 74.3% of team’s minutes this year
- Tyson Etienne, Wichita St – 45-112 (40.2%) – Starter, has played 59.4% of team’s minutes this year

West Coast Conference
- Jake Toolson, BYU – 60-127 (47.2%) – Starter, has played 84.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Corey Kispert, Gonzaga – 57-131 (43.5%) – Starter, has played 81.1% of team’s minutes this year
- Tanner Krebs, St Mary’s – 43-100 (43.0%) – Starter, has played 72.6% of team’s minutes this year
- Malik Fitts, St Mary’s – 46-109 (42.2%) – Starter, has played 84.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Jordan Ford, St Mary’s – 59-144 (41.0%) – Starter, has played 91.7% of team’s minutes this year
- Khalil Shabazz, San Francisco – 41-102 (40.2%) – Comes off the bench, has played 50.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Skyler Chavez, Pepperdine – 46-115 (40.0%) – Starter, has played 74.6% of team’s minutes this year

Atlantic 10 Conference
- Nick Sherod, Richmond – 57-134 (42.5%) – Starter, has played 75.8% of team’s minutes this year
- Jalen Crutcher, Dayton – 53-126 (42.1%) – Starter, has played 78.0% of team’s minutes this year

Mountain West Conference
- Jordan Schakel, San Diego St – 47-109 (43.1%) – Starter, has played 66.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Adam Thistlewood, Colorado St – 45-106 (42.5%) – Starter, has played 62.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Jazz Johnson, Nevada – 71-168 (42.3%) – Starter, has played 76.7% of team’s minutes this year
- Sam Merrill, Utah St – 55-136 (40.4%) – Starter, has played 85.8% of team’s minutes this year
Aaron Nesmith. 52% !!

So it looks like 34 kids ”outshooting“ Buddy in the Top 10 conferences?

Uhhh, so?

I was never limiting anything to an arbitrary number of conferences. Malpearl got tired and continued later. What's your point and how does it relate to my point?

See below:

A lot of people here did complain he couldn’t shoot, didn’t rebound, and played too many mInutes. Sound familiar? Girard is a Freshman, and most great shooters struggle as freshmen. Their %’s won’t be close by the time Girard leaves. But you know that.

A: Why do you continue to bring up arbitrary people and things people said as if it relates to MY opinion? I care about my argument. I probably argued at times he played too many minutes, but for no other reason, than I am pro-developing a bench. At times something bad happens...maybe somebody gets suspended right before the NCAAT. It's wild times!

Battles had a much better percentage early in his career since you like discussing him. Lots of people do. It's not unique to see static percentages or dropping, or rising percentages throughout someone's career. Look at Ryan McMahon!!!
It's cool your confident, I am too, but it doesn't mean much.

Not sure what you’re getting at here. Do you think Girard and Buddy stumble and bumble to the rim? Buddy is a 6-6, slower SG. He’s not Jalen Carey. When he gets goin to the rim, it takes a while. But’s he’s not sitting back like Ryan McMahon from Louisville just shooting 3’s. Girard is actually pretty good and scores at the rim on a fairly regular basis. Do you not see that?

A: Stumble and bumble isn't meant to be taken literally. I don't think any of these kids at this level are really falling all over themselves - they're still amongst the best players on Earth. I do think neither penetrates in any notable way. Not as bad at McMahon is not a hard baseline to best, but they both do shred him in that regard, I do concur on that.

Scores at the rim on a regular basis? Really????? Define regular to help me out.

Yada, Yada, Yada (middle part)

A: I'm skipping responding to a bunch of these as most are pretty mindless. Plus, at times now you're just listing random situations and/or players and making wholesale conclusions from it - it's too time consuming to argue with people that do that nonsense.

Although I do quite value whatever Coach K has to say - you have any clips you could link on YT so I can hear more from him?

Don’t believe you develop a bench in a few minutes per game. Playing Jesse Edwards a couple minutes against Clemson won’t suddenly make him 20 pounds heavier and a much better player. Improvement generally takes time, practice, and time in the S&C program. We are trying to win games. The best players will play.

A: 20 pounds heavier? It certainly could happen if he ate one of the Clemson players!

You argue strange things. When Buddy or Joe sits, and HoWa or Goodine play, and we never really suffer, do you lose your mind? On any level, does that scenario even make sense to you? Are you just screaming at the TV, "The best players will play! The best players will play! Hey Ma, get me some meatloaf!"

By the way, is that third sentence a Coach K quote? Just curious.

Uhhh, so?

I was never limiting anything to an arbitrary number of conferences. Malpearl got tired and continued later. What's your point and how does it relate to my point?

Not everyone has a Buddy, like you seem to think.

Owens averaged 38 minutes per game in his junior season, 36 minutes per game in his sophomore season. Saying he averaged less minutes than Buddy is not correct.
owens played 36 as a sophomore. same as buddy. 14 shots a game .same as buddy . billy was a top 5 recruit and a lottery pick. buddy ...not so much.

A: Why do you continue to bring up arbitrary people and things people said as if it relates to MY opinion? I care about my argument. I probably argued at times he played too many minutes, but for no other reason, than I am pro-developing a bench. At times something bad happens...maybe somebody gets suspended right before the NCAAT. It's wild times!

You keep sayin you want your guards to have the requisite guard skills. Battle wasn‘t a great shooter, as a shooting guard. Now we have good shooters, but you’re complaining they don’t drive or pass well? Battle wasn’t a great passer either. By the way, who were we going to “develop” last year in the event someone got suspended? Jalen Carey?

Battles had a much better percentage early in his career since you like discussing him. Lots of people do. It's not unique to see static percentages or dropping, or rising percentages throughout someone's career. Look at Ryan McMahon!!!
It's cool your confident, I am too, but it doesn't mean much.

Battle was not a very good 3 point shooter and we saw that the more he shot.

A: Stumble and bumble isn't meant to be taken literally. I don't think any of these kids at this level are really falling all over themselves - they're still amongst the best players on Earth. I do think neither penetrates in any notable way. Not as bad at McMahon is not a hard baseline to best, but they both do shred him in that regard, I do concur on that.

McMahon is strictly a 3 point shooter.

Scores at the rim on a regular basis? Really????? Define regular to help me out.

Couple times a game.

A: I'm skipping responding to a bunch of these as most are pretty mindless. Plus, at times now you're just listing random situations and/or players and making wholesale conclusions from it - it's too time consuming to argue with people that do that nonsense.

But I thought you liked to argue to entertain yourself?

Although I do quite value whatever Coach K has to say - you have any clips you could link on YT so I can hear more from him?

Google it.

A: 20 pounds heavier? It certainly could happen if he ate one of the Clemson players!

Haha...?

You argue strange things. When Buddy or Joe sits, and HoWa or Goodine play, and we never really suffer, do you lose your mind? On any level, does that scenario even make sense to you? Are you just screaming at the TV, "The best players will play! The best players will play! Hey Ma, get me some meatloaf!"

They don’t add much, which is why they don’t play much. I get your schtick is to try hard to be funny, but it’s lame, really.

By the way, is that third sentence a Coach K quote? Just curious.

At the end of the day, you’re haven’t made a decent argument as to why Buddy shouldn’t play as much as he does. It’s just more of the same “develop the bench” stuff that people say every year. I’ll take the word of the HOF coach (And other HOF coaches ) that sees the team practice every day over funny Internet forum guy. ;-)

owens played 36 as a sophomore. same as buddy. 14 shots a game .same as buddy . billy was a top 5 recruit and a lottery pick. buddy ...not so much.
We’re in agreement, then. Owens did not play less than Buddy. I’m glad you’ve corrected your previous mis-statement.

Buddy the type of shooter I feel good about his shot almost everytime, squared up, no wasted energy, perfect J...if only his footwork was a wee faster.

Not everyone has a Buddy, like you seem to think.

Where did I say everyone has a Buddy? Lots of schools have no time for a Buddy.

We didn't even have a Buddy for years. I just like writing this stuff now.....sounds funny.

I said, there are PLENTY of Buddy-types out there, and most probably play for mid-majors, because P5 schools are not quick to recruit not-so-athletic kids that shoot really well, but don't rebound, pass, dribble-drive or play defense all that well at this level. Perhaps Buddy has exceeded expectations on his ball-handling ability/driving - but I'm not sure I would place it anywhere in the ballpark of dynamic.

Where did I say everyone has a Buddy? Lots of schools have no time for a Buddy.

We didn't even have a Buddy for years. I just like writing this stuff now...sounds funny.

I said, there are PLENTY of Buddy-types out there, and most probably play for mid-majors, because P5 schools are not quick to recruit not-so-athletic kids that shoot really well, but don't rebound, pass, dribble-drive or play defense all that well at this level. Perhaps Buddy has exceeded expectations on his ball-handling ability/driving - but I'm not sure I would place it anywhere in the ballpark of dynamic.

Lots of schools have no time for a 6-6 shooter? Hmmm...

Battle didn’t rebound or shoot well, despite being athletic and 6-6.

Buddy is 6th in the ACC in scoring. As a sophomore. I get that you’re trying really hard to make it seem like Buddy is a mid-major player, but it’s clear he’s a major P5 player. He’s not just the 3-point shooter you‘re trying to paInt him as. He’s only going to get better. If he played for Villanova or Virginia, you’d be complaining about how we can’t land kids like that. Like Cole Swider.

You keep sayin you want your guards to have the requisite guard skills. Battle wasn‘t a great shooter, as a shooting guard. Now we have good shooters, but you’re complaining they don’t drive or pass well? Battle wasn’t a great passer either. By the way, who were we going to “develop” last year in the event someone got suspended? Jalen Carey?

Define good shooter for me because you think Girard is a great shooter, and Battle outshot him as a Frosh and then tailed off. Are you concerned your talk of Girard may be premature?

People's percentages ebb and flow - we've all seen that. Even Ryan McMahon!!! And he's just a three point shooter!
I certainly don't think Tyus was a great shooter though. Nope.

Why are you so dense that you think everything is an all or nothing proposition?????????? Shooting seems to be so integral to your debate that it's worthless arguing with you. Did you JUST start watching basketball this week?

He was a fine shooter, but had a whole host of other skills at the SG position. I don't need anyone to be a great shooter, great passer, great defender, great everything - that kid is great, and probably playing at Duke or Kentucky. I do like guards that can do many things well, perhaps one thing great.

Ugh.

Battle was not a very good 3 point shooter and we saw that the more he shot.

You really think basketball is just one big shooting contest. That's cool.

McMahon is strictly a 3 point shooter.

And? I'm happy for him. He has a niche skill!

Couple times a game.

Okay, so you define finishing at the rim regularly as a couple times a game for Joe???? He averages 1.5 two point field goals a game...let's assume some are on breakouts, some jumpers, because we've all seen him pull up for mid-range jumpers....I'm going back to being uncertain if you watch the games, and I had just come around to the fact you were watching!

But I thought you liked to argue to entertain yourself?

It's only entertaining if you make sense. Once you stop making sense it's not an argument any more...it's something far less entertaining.

They don’t add much, which is why they don’t play much. I get your schtick is to try hard to be funny, but it’s lame, really.

If you think Goodine or HoWa look inept or not worth playing, I suppose the debate is over for you. HoWa comes in and more often than not we extend the lead. We regularly take big leads and falter late. I'm fine if you think they suck, truly. I just think they're capable of giving us more - especially when I don't think the starters are quite the dynamic, endlessly skilled superstars that you do. I just see wholes in their games, and I think the bench could provide minutes, and offer up different things. Apparently I vastly undervalue three point shooting as our success this year has proven over and over.

You spelled shtick wrong.

Lots of schools have no time for a 6-6 shooter? Hmmm...

Battle didn’t rebound or shoot well, despite being athletic and 6-6.

Buddy is 6th in the ACC in scoring. As a sophomore. I get that you’re trying really hard to make it seem like Buddy is a mid-major player, but it’s clear he’s a major P5 player. He’s not just the 3-point shooter you‘re trying to paInt him as. He’s only going to get better. If he played for Villanova or Virginia, you’d be complaining about how we can’t land kids like that. Like Cole Swider.

Are you slow? If so, I'll stop, because you seem slow.

I've said OVER AND OVER AND OVER we've needed Buddy on this team, and on past teams. When I reference mid-majors it's because often, players like Buddy, go to those schools, because THE REST OF THEIR SKILL SET is not quite up to par to play big minutes at P5 schools. I'm arguing about minutes, not whether he should be on the roster.

Lots of P5 skills have no time to invest in 40% three point shooters that come out of HS slow af and are not athletic. They just don't. They'd rather roll the dice on a BJ Johnson or a Goodine. Do you think we could have found another slow AF white kid that shoots threes instead of Goodine? I bet we could have! Why didn't we? Is JB stupid?

Sometimes they work out great - like with Buddy! Sometimes they likely never get off the bench - and we probably never see those ones, because they're on the bench. The others, the ones that maybe never would have gotten off the bench for a P5 school, are excelling at mid-majors and driving to the rim with regularity! The way Buddy does whenever he finds a mismatch, i.e., another super-nonathletic kid, and takes him off the bounce.

You are the most vacuous person I've ever debated on this forum. Ever. Definitely. :)

Define good shooter for me because you think Girard is a great shooter, and Battle outshot him as a Frosh and then tailed off. Are you concerned your talk of Girard may be premature?

Girard is a great shooter. Define “outshot”. Girard’s season is not over. There’s no question Girard is a far better shooter than Battle. Girard needs to work on shot-selection, but he’s clearly a better shooter.

People's percentages ebb and flow - we've all seen that. Even Ryan McMahon!!! And he's just a three point shooter!
I certainly don't think Tyus was a great shooter though. Nope.

Of course Tyus wasn’t. Wasn’t a great passer or rebounder either.

Why are you so dense that you think everything is an all or nothing proposition?????????? Shooting seems to be so integral to your debate that it's worthless arguing with you. Did you JUST start watching basketball this week?

Settle down Ghosty. This is supposed to be entertaining for you, not meant to make you irate.

He was a fine shooter, but had a whole host of other skills at the SG position. I don't need anyone to be a great shooter, great passer, great defender, great everything - that kid is great, and probably playing at Duke or Kentucky. I do like guards that can do many things well, perhaps one thing great.

Ugh.

I’d say Battle was great at driving to the basket, and was a very good mid-range shooter.

You really think basketball is just one big shooting contest. That's cool.

Not really. You’re criticizing Buddy because he doesn’t drive well? Seems silly.

And? I'm happy for him. He has a niche skill!

He does. But Buddy’s is more than a 3-point shooter.

Okay, so you define finishing at the rim regularly as a couple times a game for Joe???? He averages 1.5 two point field goals a game...let's assume some are on breakouts, some jumpers, because we've all seen him pull up for mid-range jumpers...I'm going back to being uncertain if you watch the games, and I had just come around to the fact you were watching!

Exactly. Joe gets to the rack. Watch the games. He’s not just hoisting 3’s. He sometimes passes it. Imagine that.

It's only entertaining if you make sense. Once you stop making sense it's not an argument any more...it's something far less entertaining.

How am I not making sense? What don‘t you understand?

If you think Goodine or HoWa look inept or not worth playing, I suppose the debate is over for you. HoWa comes in and more often than not we extend the lead. We regularly take big leads and falter late. I'm fine if you think they suck, truly. I just think they're capable of giving us more - especially when I don't think the starters are quite the dynamic, endlessly skilled superstars that you do. I just see wholes in their games, and I think the bench could provide minutes, and offer up different things. Apparently I vastly undervalue three point shooting as our success this year has proven over and over.

I never said Goodine or HoWash suck. I said they don’t add much. They don‘t. HoWash won’t even shoot, and when he does he‘s usually way off. If they were able to add much, they’d be playing more.
Buddy is a lot more valuable than either one, even on an off night.

You spelled shtick wrong.

You spelled holes wrong. :)

Are you slow? If so, I'll stop, because you seem slow.

look in da mirror buddy

I've said OVER AND OVER AND OVER we've needed Buddy on this team, and on past teams. When I reference mid-majors it's because often, players like Buddy, go to those schools, because THE REST OF THEIR SKILL SET is not quite up to par to play big minutes at P5 schools. I'm arguing about minutes, not whether he should be on the roster.

Buddy is 6th in the ACC in scoring but the rest of his skill set is not quite up to par to play big minutes? Isn’t it relative to the team you’re on? Who else is going to play? The guy you want to play more, Howard Washington, was on his way to Butler. He’s the definition of a mid-major player. What skills does he have make him a P5 player?

Lots of P5 skills have no time to invest in 40% three point shooters that come out of HS slow af and are not athletic. They just don't. They'd rather roll the dice on a BJ Johnson or a Goodine. Do you think we could have found another slow AF white kid that shoots threes instead of Goodine? I bet we could have! Why didn't we? Is JB stupid?

Yeah, I‘m just not buying that. The fact that Buddy Is not that athletic or slow means nothing when you can shoot really well, and you’re 6-6. You said everyone has a Buddy. Which is it?

Sometimes they work out great - like with Buddy! Sometimes they likely never get off the bench - and we probably never see those ones, because they're on the bench. The others, the ones that maybe never would have gotten off the bench for a P5 school, are excelling at mid-majors and driving to the rim with regularity! The way Buddy does whenever he finds a mismatch, i.e., another super-nonathletic kid, and takes him off the bounce.

I mean, the kid is averaging 16ppg. As a soph. On 40% from 3. Nobody wants that? LMAO! Basketball is a game of skill. It’s not track and field. Nobody cares that Buddy is slow AF or not athletic. Except you. Weird.

You are the most vacuous person I've ever debated on this forum. Ever. Definitely. :)

You seem angry, now that your funny schtick is gone. :)

Do you believe Buddy is a P5 player on a team that plays man to man defense exclusively?

Do you believe Buddy is a P5 player on a team that plays man to man defense exclusively?

Yes, of course. You don’t think he could crack the rotation at BC, Washington State or Northwestern?

Michigan State has a kid named Kyle Ahrens, 6-6 wing that plays. Can’t believe Buddy wouldn’t play there as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom