Buddy is Top 5 in NCAA in Made Threes | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy is Top 5 in NCAA in Made Threes

Eh...their games are very similar, both great shooters, high scorers, they are the same size, they work out together, etc.

The comparison makes sense.

They're both from Glens Falls, etc...I get it. I was going to go with Tiki Mayben, but Fredette is much better.

Last edited:

Girard is a freshman, and Buddy is a sophomore. I suspect both will get better on D. I think they both drive pretty well, especially Girard. And Girard is a good passer. Neither is Tyus Battle, but people complained that Tyus couldn‘t shoot, right?

Eh, I don't care what other people complained about. Relevancy, sir? I suppose I wouldn't agree with the driving "well" part, but it's all opinion, so that's fine. I think our inability to have a PG on the roster in a bit has lowered expectations a tad in that regard.

It's a nifty skill to recognize the mismatches, shows good court awareness, but I don't think either drives all that well. Again, I don't think they pass well, I just think they pass and don't commit stupid turnovers at a high clip. Girard has shown a knack at times though so it will be fun to see how that develops with him as a distributor.

I’ll take a 6-6 deadeye shooter anytime. One that can back his man down and shoot over him. I bet Washington and Hop wishes he had one. Buddy is 6th in scoring in the ACC. As a sophomore. He can play. Kids like him aren’t that easy to find. North Carolina doesn‘t have one, do they? They usually recruit pretty well.

I'll take that kid too - all day. I've said numerous times we've desperately needed a player like Buddy on the roster. I've never said we've desperately needed a player like Buddy to play big minutes...we over-corrected. That's where I stand.

Buddy is a player without a position. Position-less basketball, I keep hearing that term, so likely that's a good thing!

UNC? Eh, don't care about UNC. Or what Hop is wishing for! :) Are we going to pick apart rosters for Buddy type players?

If I list the 100 or so kids that outshoot Buddy from three in +100 attempts, is it going to blow your mind that most don't start nor play for P5 teams? Seems insane, as I can't think of reasons why they wouldn't, but it just happens they don't. I would guess weaknesses in other aspects of their game.

What choice do we have? Again, who cares about big minutes?

Eh, last year we kept going to the well with a kid that REALLY struggled early in the year. Look how THAT worked out for us?

We seem to take double-digit leads in the second half and falter with regularity. We win some, we lose some, but we also have the best player on the court most nights, and we can shoot free throws. That helps. Also, we do have a bench, and when these two sit nothing dire ever seems to happen. So, I like to develop players...just a personal preference, not trying to be offensive.

I wouldn’t hold your breath.

I'm not. I expect both to be terrible at practice next year, but I hope to be wrong!

Anyway, I know you don't agree, nor many others, but that's fine. Just my horribly misguided opinion and I like arguing! :)

And he's only recently displayed this kind of scoring versatility. I'd expect his game will continue to evolve in this direction as he gains more confidence.
Only recently. Like 1/2 way through his sophomore year

They're both from Glens Falls, etc...I get it. I was going to go with Tiki Mayben, but Fredette is much better.

Tiki Mayben’s game was nothing like Joe’s. You knows who’s was? Jimmer.

Cmon dude.

Eh, I don't care what other people complained about. Relevancy, sir? I suppose I wouldn't agree with the driving "well" part, but it's all opinion, so that's fine. I think our inability to have a PG on the roster in a bit has lowered expectations a tad in that regard.

Eh...you‘re complaining about our guards not having guard skills. Seems relevant as people like you complained that Tyus couldn’t shoot. You know, an important guard skill? Now we have guards that can shoot.

It's a nifty skill to recognize the mismatches, shows good court awareness, but I don't think either drives all that well. Again, I don't think they pass well, I just think they pass and don't commit stupid turnovers at a high clip. Girard has shown a knack at times though so it will be fun to see how that develops with him as a distributor.

Eh...that’s your misguided opinion, like you said below. Girard has shown to be a pretty good passer. He drives pretty well too. Maybe turn a game on? You‘re missing Buddy driving to the hoop, and all the pull-ups.

UNC? Eh, don't care about UNC. Or what Hop is wishing for! :) Are we going to pick apart rosters for Buddy type players?

You said something about mid-majors having rosters full of kids like Buddy, which is wrong. There are a lot of programs that wish they had one. Buddy isn’t just standstill shooter. UNC and UW are two that come to mind, as they are missing a kid like Buddy.

If I list the 100 or so kids that outshoot Buddy from three in +100 attempts, is it going to blow your mind that most don't start nor play for P5 teams? Seems insane, as I can't think of reasons why they wouldn't, but it just happens they don't. I would guess weaknesses in other aspects of their game.

Those hundred kids are shooting against mid-majors, right? :)
Wasn’t the point of this post that Buddy is Top 5 in the nation in made 3’s?

Eh, last year we kept going to the well with a kid that REALLY struggled early in the year. Look how THAT worked out for us?

Who?

We seem to take double-digit leads in the second half and falter with regularity. We win some, we lose some, but we also have the best player on the court most nights, and we can shoot free throws. That helps. Also, we do have a bench, and when these two sit nothing dire ever seems to happen. So, I like to develop players...just a personal preference, not trying to be offensive.

So? What does that have to with anything? You don’t develop your bench in 3-4 mpg during the season. Players develop in practice. Players can play 40 mpg. They have a timeout every 4 minutes, rest on FT’s, TV timeouts and plenty of TO’s per game, plus halftime. We’re trying to win games, and you play your best players. Ask Coach K. Buddy went nuts in OT vs. Virginia. He wasn’t too tired to make shots.

I'm not. I expect both to be terrible at practice next year, but I hope to be wrong!

This is idiotic

Anyway, I know you don't agree, nor many others, but that's fine. Just my horribly misguided opinion and I like arguing! :)

Why? That’s weird dude.

so this entire threads is to let everyone know that buddy Is a great player? Or to to make us feel better that we can’t get the talent that we used to get

Read the OP. It’s about Buddy having a great season shooting 3’s. Among the best in the nation.

This comment really intrigued me for some reason, and so I went down the rabbit hole of looking at the kids that have out-shot Buddy from 3-pt range with 100 or more attempts. I started with the Power 5 Conferences and then expanded to the Top 10 Conferences (as ranked by KenPom). Here's the list, along with whether or not they start or come off the bench, plus the percentage of team minutes they've played this year:

Big 10
- Myreon Jones, Penn St – 52-126 (41.3%) – Starter, has played 73.6% of team’s minutes this year

Big 12
- Desmond Bane, TCU – 54-123 (43.9%) – Starter, has played 87.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Thomas Dziagwa, Ok St – 50-119 (42.0%) – Started 15 of 20 games, has played 58.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Brady Manek, Oklahoma – 57-136 (41.9%) – Starter, has played 77.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Tyrese Haliburton, Iowa St – 49-118 (41.5%) – Starter, has played 88.4% of team’s minutes this year

Big East
- Saddiq Bey, Villanova – 53-114 (46.5%) – Starter, has played 84.2% of team’s minutes this year
- Mitch Ballock, Creighton – 71-157 (45.2%) – Starter, has played 91.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Sean McDermott, Butler – 50-116 (43.1%) – Starter, has played 81.0% of team’s minutes this year

Pac 12
- Spencer Jones, Stanford – 55-126 (43.7%) – Starter, has played 73.1% of team’s minutes this year
- Anthony Mathis, Oregon – 71-157 (45.2%) – Started 18 of 23 games, has played 57.3% of team’s minutes this year
- Tyrell Terry, Stanford – 41-100 (41.0%) – Starter, has played 75.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Payton Pritchard, Oregon – 58-145 (40.0%) – Starter, has played 87.7% of team’s minutes this year

SEC
- Aaron Nesmith, Vanderbilt – 60-115 (52.2%) – Starter, averaged 35.7 minutes per game this year
- John Petty, Alabama – 67-148 (45.3%) – Starter, has played 84.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Noah Locke, Florida – 53-127 (41.7%) – Starter, has played 74.3% of team’s minutes this year

ACC
- Ryan McMahon, Louisville – 49-108 (45.4%) – Started first 13 games, now coming off the bench, has played 62.8% of team’s minutes this year
- Jordan Nwora, Louisville – 54-127 (42.5%) – Starter, has played 81.5% of team’s minutes this year
- TJ Gibbs, Notre Dame – 55-132 (41.7%) – Starter, has played 85.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse – 77-193 (39.9%) – Starter, has played 89.5% of team’s minutes this year

American Athletic Conference

- Isiaha Mike, SMU – 48-116 (41.4%) – Starter, has played 76.3% of team’s minutes this year
- Alani Moore, Temple – 46-114 (40.4%) – Starter, has played 74.3% of team’s minutes this year
- Tyson Etienne, Wichita St – 45-112 (40.2%) – Starter, has played 59.4% of team’s minutes this year

West Coast Conference
- Jake Toolson, BYU – 60-127 (47.2%) – Starter, has played 84.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Corey Kispert, Gonzaga – 57-131 (43.5%) – Starter, has played 81.1% of team’s minutes this year
- Tanner Krebs, St Mary’s – 43-100 (43.0%) – Starter, has played 72.6% of team’s minutes this year
- Malik Fitts, St Mary’s – 46-109 (42.2%) – Starter, has played 84.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Jordan Ford, St Mary’s – 59-144 (41.0%) – Starter, has played 91.7% of team’s minutes this year
- Khalil Shabazz, San Francisco – 41-102 (40.2%) – Comes off the bench, has played 50.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Skyler Chavez, Pepperdine – 46-115 (40.0%) – Starter, has played 74.6% of team’s minutes this year

Atlantic 10 Conference
- Nick Sherod, Richmond – 57-134 (42.5%) – Starter, has played 75.8% of team’s minutes this year
- Jalen Crutcher, Dayton – 53-126 (42.1%) – Starter, has played 78.0% of team’s minutes this year

Mountain West Conference
- Jordan Schakel, San Diego St – 47-109 (43.1%) – Starter, has played 66.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Adam Thistlewood, Colorado St – 45-106 (42.5%) – Starter, has played 62.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Jazz Johnson, Nevada – 71-168 (42.3%) – Starter, has played 76.7% of team’s minutes this year
- Sam Merrill, Utah St – 55-136 (40.4%) – Starter, has played 85.8% of team’s minutes this year

Last edited:
Tiki Mayben’s game was nothing like Joe’s. You knows who’s was? Jimmer.

Cmon dude.

:)

I know! I've just been desperate for a bit to work Tiki Mayben into a thread and this seemed like a great time! Sometimes you gotta make the square peg fit the round hole...or at least try.

This comment really intrigued me for some reason, and so I went down the rabbit hole of looking at the kids that have out-shot Buddy from 3-pt range with 100 or more attempts. I started with the Power 5 Conferences and then expanded to the Top 10 Conferences (as ranked by KenPom). Here's the list, along with whether or not they start or come off the bench, plus the percentage of team minutes they've played this year:

Big 10
- Myreon Jones, Penn St – 52-126 (41.3%) – Starter, has played 73.6% of team’s minutes this year

Big 12
- Desmond Bane, TCU – 54-123 (43.9%) – Starter, has played 87.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Thomas Dziagwa, Ok St – 50-119 (42.0%) – Started 15 of 20 games, has played 58.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Brady Manek, Oklahoma – 57-136 (41.9%) – Starter, has played 77.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Tyrese Haliburton, Iowa St – 49-118 (41.5%) – Starter, has played 88.4% of team’s minutes this year

Big East
- Saddiq Bey, Villanova – 53-114 (46.5%) – Starter, has played 84.2% of team’s minutes this year
- Mitch Ballock, Creighton – 71-157 (45.2%) – Starter, has played 91.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Sean McDermott, Butler – 50-116 (43.1%) – Starter, has played 81.0% of team’s minutes this year

Pac 12
- Spencer Jones, Stanford – 55-126 (43.7%) – Starter, has played 73.1% of team’s minutes this year
- Anthony Mathis, Oregon – 71-157 (45.2%) – Started 18 of 23 games, has played 57.3% of team’s minutes this year
- Tyrell Terry, Stanford – 41-100 (41.0%) – Starter, has played 75.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Payton Pritchard, Oregon – 58-145 (40.0%) – Starter, has played 87.7% of team’s minutes this year

SEC
- Aaron Nesmith, Vanderbilt – 60-115 (52.2%) – Starter, averaged 35.7 minutes per game this year
- John Petty, Alabama – 67-148 (45.3%) – Starter, has played 84.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Noah Locke, Florida – 53-127 (41.7%) – Starter, has played 74.3% of team’s minutes this year

ACC
- Ryan McMahon, Louisville – 49-108 (45.4%) – Started first 13 games, now coming off the bench, has played 62.8% of team’s minutes this year
- Jordan Nwora, Alabama – 54-127 (42.5%) – Starter, has played 81.5% of team’s minutes this year
- TJ Gibbs, Notre Dame – 55-132 (41.7%) – Starter, has played 85.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse – 77-193 (39.9%) – Starter, has played 89.5% of team’s minutes this year

- Isiaha Mike, SMU – 48-116 (41.4%) – Starter, has played 76.3% of team’s minutes this year
- Alani Moore, Temple – 46-114 (40.4%) – Starter, has played 74.3% of team’s minutes this year
- Tyson Etienne, Wichita St – 45-112 (40.2%) – Starter, has played 59.4% of team’s minutes this year

West Coast Conference
- Jake Toolson, BYU – 60-127 (47.2%) – Starter, has played 84.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Corey Kispert, Gonzaga – 57-131 (43.5%) – Starter, has played 81.1% of team’s minutes this year
- Tanner Krebs, St Mary’s – 43-100 (43.0%) – Starter, has played 72.6% of team’s minutes this year
- Malik Fitts, St Mary’s – 46-109 (42.2%) – Starter, has played 84.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Jordan Ford, St Mary’s – 59-144 (41.0%) – Starter, has played 91.7% of team’s minutes this year
- Khalil Shabazz, San Francisco – 41-102 (40.2%) – Comes off the bench, has played 50.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Skyler Chavez, Pepperdine – 46-115 (40.0%) – Starter, has played 74.6% of team’s minutes this year

Atlantic 10 Conference
- Nick Sherod, Richmond – 57-134 (42.5%) – Starter, has played 75.8% of team’s minutes this year
- Jalen Crutcher, Dayton – 53-126 (42.1%) – Starter, has played 78.0% of team’s minutes this year

Mountain West Conference
- Jordan Schakel, San Diego St – 47-109 (43.1%) – Starter, has played 66.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Adam Thistlewood, Colorado St – 45-106 (42.5%) – Starter, has played 62.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Jazz Johnson, Nevada – 71-168 (42.3%) – Starter, has played 76.7% of team’s minutes this year
- Sam Merrill, Utah St – 55-136 (40.4%) – Starter, has played 85.8% of team’s minutes this year

You deserve a billion likes for doing this! Truly! This was incredibly interesting and I appreciate the effort.

Why stop at the Top 10 conferences? Are we excluding the MVC on purpose! :)

Here we go!

Eh...you‘re complaining about our guards not having guard skills. Seems relevant as people like you complained that Tyus couldn’t shoot. You know, an important guard skill? Now we have guards that can shoot.

Eh, I didn't complain about Tyus. Who are people like me? Racist!

I had no issue with Tyus. He could have shot better, but he shot well enough as a Frosh, and after that was a bit below what you would like, but he also had a pretty decent skill set otherwise. For his career he shot where Girard is now, so it can't be THAT bad.

Eh...that’s your misguided opinion, like you said below. Girard has shown to be a pretty good passer. He drives pretty well too. Maybe turn a game on? You‘re missing Buddy driving to the hoop, and all the pull-ups.

Okay, you must on some level see how usage plays a part in this right? I mean, do you watch mid-majors play against teams like UVA or other good defensive teams? Even their stumbling, bumbling non-P5 talents make it to the rim on occasion. It really, truly happens. Do you think those teams just stand on the other end of half-court and throw the ball baseball style at the rim?

The fact that it happens doesn't make them ALL good at driving to the rim. It just means, it happens.

Not all that shocking - you look for mismatches, you try to exploit. I'm not sure that means your good at driving the ball to the rim.

If you play 40 MPG at GUARD, and we're getting excited because you're occasionally making somewhere near the rim, and that's a vast improvement over what we were seeing before.....god save us all.

Those hundred kids are shooting against mid-majors, right? :)
Wasn’t the point of this post that Buddy is Top 5 in the nation in made 3’s?

Uh, I guess they shoot against whomever is on their schedule.
Buddy shoots a lot of threes. I concur. He shoots very well. I concur.

Who?

Buddy! God awful 2018-2019 Buddy Boeheim, who struggled mightily early in the year, but came back later in the year and shocked the world! Likely because he's amazing at practice, but still - he did it! Did you just start watching games this year?

So? What does that have to with anything? You don’t develop your bench in 3-4 mpg during the season. Players develop in practice. Players can play 40 mpg. They have a timeout every 4 minutes, rest on FT’s, TV timeouts and plenty of TO’s per game, plus halftime. We’re trying to win games, and you play your best players. Ask Coach K. Buddy went nuts in OT vs. Virginia. He wasn’t too tired to make shots.

How am I supposed to ask Coach K? We are NOT on speaking terms. Plus, why would I ask him about Buddy going nuts against UVA? I saw the game. Weird tangent.

Nobody thinks it's inconceivable that kids can play 40 minutes...this is such a stupid argument that comes around all the time. He went off in an OT where he played 40 minutes - not shocking. He was pretty bad most of the other 40 minutes that game...but that's not relevant here.

Of course they can do it, of course even at the end of games they'll still have enough left in the tank to do ****.

It's not like it's some declining percentage and they redline at 40 minutes and fall apart.
100% energy at tip for all the starters!
75% at the 10:00 mark!
50% at Halftime!
25% at the 10:00 mark (2nd half)
0% when the games over! They're literally dead! Everyone's dead!

I feel like this is what you think you're arguing against. It's not. Nobody thinks that's what will happen. Nope. It's just a matter of whether you think developing a bench is important, and if you think those guys are worth throwing some minutes do. I do. You don't. It's all good.

This is idiotic.
Why? That’s weird dude.

Why do I like arguing? It entertains me and I don't agree with you...
What's idiotic? You taking the time to respond to a joke as if there was an ounce of seriousness in it?

Big 10

Big 12

Big East

Pac 12

SEC

ACC
- Jordan Nwora, Alabama – 54-127 (42.5%) – Starter, has played 81.5% of team’s minutes this year

West Coast Conference

Atlantic 10 Conference

Mountain West Conference
Awesome post. Thanks for taking the time and very tough to dispute hard data. And very useful for those (like me) who mostly watch Cuse games and don't follow the other teams closely

It's funny, reading through this thread it goes all different directions. However, in the end, we are probably just saying Goodine/Washington need to play a little more, and Buddy/Eli need to sit 2-3 minutes/half. And the frustrating part is we know that is not the coach's style.

Personally I wish JAB could get comfortable enough giving those guys some extra rest, and allowing the bench guys to get some experience.

But I'm also very thankful we have Buddy. And that data doesn't lie. There are only a handful of guys in each conference that can shoot 3s at the same clip, and Buddy is only a sophomore

PS - who is this guy from Vandy shooting 52%??? I looked and he only shot 33% last year. Craziness

You deserve a billion likes for doing this! Truly! This was incredibly interesting and I appreciate the effort.

I got tired...

I did start looking at the bottom 5 conferences before I called it a night. The worst two conferences (MEAC & SWAC) had nobody that qualified. Maybe that's why they're the worst?

Awesome post. Thanks for taking the time and very tough to dispute hard data. And very useful for those (like me) who mostly watch Cuse games and don't follow the other teams closely

It's funny, reading through this thread it goes all different directions. However, in the end, we are probably just saying Goodine/Washington need to play a little more, and Buddy/Eli need to sit 2-3 minutes/half. And the frustrating part is we know that is not the coach's style.

Personally I wish JAB could get comfortable enough giving those guys some extra rest, and allowing the bench guys to get some experience.

But I'm also very thankful we have Buddy. And that data doesn't lie. There are only a handful of guys in each conference that can shoot 3s at the same clip, and Buddy is only a sophomore

PS - who is this guy from Vandy shooting 52%??? I looked and he only shot 33% last year. Craziness
Was fun looking through the data and uncovering some little nuggets of info here and there - and some phenomenal names (Isiaha Mike, I'm lookin' at you, kid). St. Mary's with 3 guys out-shooting Buddy was pretty cool to see. I didn't realize their offense was so highly rated (KenPom has them 8th overall). I also had no idea who the Vandy kid was - looks like he got hurt as soon as SEC play started - he has missed their last 8 games.

I pretty much agree with the folks out there that would prefer more bench development by getting a guy like Goodine more minutes. If I was coaching the team, that's what I would do.

But JB has proven he doesn't roll that way. I think he's more concerned with the game in front of him - and in his mind, he's going to play his best (or better) guys the most minutes - because that maximizes his chances to win that game.

Ask and ye shall receive...

Missouri Valley Conference (11th best out of 32)
- Nate Kennell, Bradley – 61-140 (43.6%) – Starter, has played 81.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Trae Berhow, Northern Iowa – 49-113 (43.4%) – Starter, has played 81.9% of team’s minutes this year
- Marcus Domask, Southern Illinois – 45-108 (41.7%) – Starter, has played 87.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Zach Copeland, Illinois St – 61-147 (41.5%) – Starter, has played 72.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Tyreke Key, Indiana St – 42-102 (41.2%) – Starter, has played 82.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Keandre Cook, Missouri St – 49-120 (40.8%) – Starter, has played 83.2% of team’s minutes this year
- Jordan Barnes, Indiana St – 44-108 (40.7%) – Starter, has played 83.4% of team’s minutes this year

SWAC Conference (31st best out of 32)
- No qualifiers

MEAC Conference (32nd best out of 32)
- No qualifiers

Ask and ye shall receive...

Missouri Valley Conference (11th best out of 32)
- Nate Kennell, Bradley – 61-140 (43.6%) – Starter, has played 81.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Trae Berhow, Northern Iowa – 49-113 (43.4%) – Starter, has played 81.9% of team’s minutes this year
- Marcus Domask, Southern Illinois – 45-108 (41.7%) – Starter, has played 87.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Zach Copeland, Illinois St – 61-147 (41.5%) – Starter, has played 72.5% of team’s minutes this year
- Tyreke Key, Indiana St – 42-102 (41.2%) – Starter, has played 82.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Keandre Cook, Missouri St – 49-120 (40.8%) – Starter, has played 83.2% of team’s minutes this year
- Jordan Barnes, Indiana St – 44-108 (40.7%) – Starter, has played 83.4% of team’s minutes this year

SWAC Conference (31st best out of 32)
- No qualifiers

MEAC Conference (32nd best out of 32)
- No qualifiers
Here are some more... anybody recognize the name of the Ball St kid?

Mid-American Conference (12th best out of 32)
- Loren Cristian Jackson, Akron – 65-132 (49.2%) – Starter, has played 85.9% of team’s minutes this year
- Channel Banks, Akron – 46-109 (42.2%) – Starter, has played 80.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Ishmael El-Amin, Ball St – 49-118 (41.5%) – Starter, has played 80.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Spencer Littleson, Toledo – 47-115 (40.9%) – Starter, has played 75.1% of team’s minutes this year
- Troy Simons, Kent St – 64-158 (40.5%) – Starter, has played 82.8% of team’s minutes this year

Conference USA (13th best out of 32)
- CJ Jones, Middle Tennessee – 51-126 (40.5%) – Starter, has played 87.1% of team’s minutes this year

Sun Belt Conference (14th best out of 32)
- No qualifiers

Southern Conference (15th best out of 32)
- Onno Steger, Western Carolina – 44-104 (42.3%) – Starter, has played 74.3% of team’s minutes this year
- Storm Murphy, Wofford – 43-104 (41.3%) – Starter, has played 76.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Matt Halvorsen, Western Carolina – 53-130 (40.8%) – Starter, has played 84.1% of team’s minutes this year
- Brandon Austin, Samford – 52-128 (40.6%) – Starter, has played 79.2% of team’s minutes this year

Ivy League (16th best out of 32)
- No qualifiers

Big Sky Conference (17th best out of 32)
- No qualifiers

Colonial Athletic (18th best out of 32)
- Bolden Brace, Northeastern – 46-104 (44.2%) – Starter, has played 79.8% of team’s minutes this year
- Desure Buie, Hofstra – 48-109 (44.0%) – Starter, has played 92.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Jordan Roland, Northeastern – 73-172 (42.4%) – Starter, has played 91.7% of team’s minutes this year

I got tired...

I did start looking at the bottom 5 conferences before I called it a night. The worst two conferences (MEAC & SWAC) had nobody that qualified. Maybe that's why they're the worst?

:) I don't blame you - it's still commendable work!!!!

- Loren Cristian Jackson, Akron – 65-132 (49.2%) – Starter, has played 85.9% of team’s minutes this year
- Channel Banks, Akron – 46-109 (42.2%) – Starter, has played 80.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Ishmael El-Amin, Ball St – 49-118 (41.5%) – Starter, has played 80.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Spencer Littleson, Toledo – 47-115 (40.9%) – Starter, has played 75.1% of team’s minutes this year
- Troy Simons, Kent St – 64-158 (40.5%) – Starter, has played 82.8% of team’s minutes this year

- CJ Jones, Middle Tennessee – 51-126 (40.5%) – Starter, has played 87.1% of team’s minutes this year

- No qualifiers

- Onno Steger, Western Carolina – 44-104 (42.3%) – Starter, has played 74.3% of team’s minutes this year
- Storm Murphy, Wofford – 43-104 (41.3%) – Starter, has played 76.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Matt Halvorsen, Western Carolina – 53-130 (40.8%) – Starter, has played 84.1% of team’s minutes this year
- Brandon Austin, Samford – 52-128 (40.6%) – Starter, has played 79.2% of team’s minutes this year

- No qualifiers

- No qualifiers

- Bolden Brace, Northeastern – 46-104 (44.2%) – Starter, has played 79.8% of team’s minutes this year
- Desure Buie, Hofstra – 48-109 (44.0%) – Starter, has played 92.0% of team’s minutes this year
- Jordan Roland, Northeastern – 73-172 (42.4%) – Starter, has played 91.7% of team’s minutes this year

Khalid's son???? Wow.

UConn should probably have gone after that kid...they might have had a shot with him!

- No qualifiers

- No qualifiers

- No qualifiers

... And here are the rest:

Summit League (19th best out of 32)
- Tyler Hagedorn, South Dakota – 58-101 (57.4%) – Starter, has played 75.6% of team’s minutes this year
- KJ Robinson, Nebraska Ohama – 53-115 (46.1%) – Started 6 of 21 games (including last 4), has played 81.9% of team’s minutes this year in conference play
- Cody Kelley, South Dakota – 44-101 (43.6%) – Starter, has played 82.2% of team’s minutes this year
- Noah Freidel, South Dakota St – 45-108 (41.7%) – Starter, has played 69.2% of team’s minutes this year (88.2% of minutes in conference play)
- Ben Pyle, Western Illinois – 44-107 (41.1%) – Starter, has played 87.3% of team’s minutes this year
- Jase Townsend, Denver – 48-119 (40.3%) – Starter, has played 82.0% of team’s minutes this year

Big West Conference (20th best out of 32)
- Chance Hunter, Long Beach St – 46-102 (45.1%) – Starter, has played 68.8% of team’s minutes this year
- Stefan Gonzalez, UC Davis – 52-116 (44.8%) – Comes off the bench, has played 56.1% of team’s minutes this year
- Terrell Gomez, Cal St Northridge – 75-178 (42.1%) – Starter, has played 93.9% of team’s minutes this year

Western Athletic Conference (21st best out of 32)
- Ferron Flavors, Cal Baptist – 53-126 (42.1%) – Starter, has played 74.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Rob Whitfield, UMKC – 48-116 (41.4%) – Starter, has played 72.4% of team’s minutes this year

Patriot League (22nd best out of 32)
- Avi Toomer, Long Beach St – 43-106 (40.6%) – Starter, has played 60.9% of team’s minutes this year. (No apparent relation to Amani Toomer)

MAAC (23rd best out of 32)
- Jacob Rigoni, Quinnipiac – 46-110 (41.8%) – Starter, has played 65.1% of team’s minutes this year
- Rich Kelly, Quinnipiac – 54-133 (40.6%) – Starter, has played 86.8% of team’s minutes this year

Horizon League (24th best out of 32)
- No qualifiers

America East Conference (25th best out of 32)
- Stef Smith, Vermont – 58-135 (43.0%) – Starter, has played 73.9% of team’s minutes this year

Northeast Conference (26th best out of 32)
- Isaiah Blackmon, St Francis PA – 50-119 (42.0%) – Starter, has played 76.8% of team’s minutes this year
- Josh Williams, Robert Morris – 70-167 (41.9%) – Starter, has played 81.1% of team’s minutes this year

Atlantic Sun Conference (27th best out of 32)
- Rob Perry, Stetson – 56-118 (47.5%) – Starter, has played 81.8% of team’s minutes this year
- Garret Sams, North Florida – 52-120 (43.3%) – Starter, has played 65.5% of team’s minutes this year (83.6% of minutes in conference play)

Southland Conference (28th best out of 32)
- Dru Kuxhausen, McNeese St – 67-138 (48.6%) – Starter, has played 79.2% of team’s minutes this year

Ohio Valley Conference (29th best out of 32)
- Tyler Scanlon, Belmont – 47-107 (43.9%) – Starter, has played 78.3% of team’s minutes this year
- Tevin Brown, Murray St – 60-137 (43.8%) – Starter, has played 93.2% of team’s minutes this year
- Michael Littlejohn, Tennessee St – 53-125 (42.4%) – Starter, has played 73.4% of team’s minutes this year
- Jordyn Adams, Austin Peay – 40-100 (40.0%) – Starter, has played 82.4% of team’s minutes this year

Big South Conference (30th best out of 32)
- Jaheam Cornwall, Gardner Webb – 48-108 (44.4%) – Starter, has played 72.3% of team’s minutes this year
- Bryson Mozone, USC Upstate – 49-115 (42.6%) – Primarily comes off the bench, has played 67.5% of team’s minutes this year. (No apparent relation to Brother Mouzone from 'The Wire')

I think in this era it is more important to have guards that can shoot than it is to have guards that just can take it to the basket...
Interesting takeaway from the data:

There are 8 teams in the nation that have multiple players shooting 40% from 3-pt range or above on 100 or more attempts. Here is the list of teams, as well as their KenPom Offensive Ranking:
  • Oregon – 2 players – 7th best Offense
  • Louisville - 2 players - 15th best Offense
  • St Mary’s – 3 players – 8th best Offense
  • Akron – 2 players – 33rd best Offense
  • Western Carolina – 2 players – 85th best Offense
  • Northeastern – 2 players – 93rd best Offense
  • South Dakota – 2 players – 39th best Offense
  • Quinnipiac – 2 players – 168th best Offense

Last edited:

So it looks like 34 kids ”outshooting“ Buddy in the Top 10 conferences?

Interesting takeaway from the data:

There are 7 teams in the nation that have multiple players shooting 40% from 3-pt range or above on 100 or more attempts. Here is the list of teams, as well as their KenPom Offensive Ranking:
  • Oregon – 2 players – 7th best Offense
  • St Mary’s – 3 players – 8th best offense
  • Akron – 2 players – 33rd best offense
  • Western Carolina – 2 players – 85th best offense
  • Northeastern – 2 players – 93rd best offense
  • South Dakota – 2 players – 39th best offense
  • Quinnipiac – 2 players – 168th best offense

Louisville, with Nwora and McMahon. That’s a good team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom