Buddy is Top 5 in NCAA in Made Threes | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy is Top 5 in NCAA in Made Threes

Complaining about Buddy on offense(foul shooting as an exception) is absolutely moronic. If he had any other last name his game wouldn’t be picked over with a fine toothed comb. Using Iowa and Ok St as a bench mark is stupid as that’s when the entire team bottomed out. The goalposts are being moved quite a bit in this thread from the people moaning and groaning. Pretty much all of our teams in the past have shot worse against better teams

Half of our fans thought we would win 11 games this year and we have been top 25 in offense virtually all year. It’s defense that cost us games when we haven’t won in the ACC.

Either some fans are being purposely obtuse or they enjoyed watching our previous leading scorers play even more inefficient ISO ball.

Last edited:
Complaining about Buddy on offense(foul shooting as an exception) is absolutely moronic. If he had any other last name his game wouldn’t be picked over with a fine toothed comb. Using Iowa and Ok St as a bench mark is stupid as that’s when the entire team bottomed out. The goalposts are being moved quite a bit in this thread from the people moaning and groaning. And pretty much all of our teams in the past have shot worse against better teams

Half of our fans thought we would win 11 games this year and we have been top 25 in offense virtually all year. It’s defense that cost us games when we haven’t won in the ACC.

Either some fans are being purposely obtuse or they enjoyed watching our previous leading scorers play even more inefficient ISO ball.
Well said. Our fan base needs something to complain about constantly and it’s hardly ever the right thing. Buddy has been the least of our issues. Most people at the beginning of last season didn’t even think Buddy deserved to be on the squad. This year he is one of the best shooters in the country and he is shooting too much. The problem is he is JB’s son and he is being held to an unfair standard.

I haven't broken down his stats by opponent but he's not great either. Probably why we've struggled the last two years.

My point is ideally they would be like 2nd and 4th options but our team is not very talented so they have to step up.

Idk what I'm even arguing about anymore tbh.
Well, for God's sake break them down. A lot of us were thinking this kid is a good shooter

I think the point is our offense is really good against bad teams and stinks against good teams. Which is sadly an improvement.

Also he shouldn't be playing 40 minutes and worshiped because of his last name.

Also he shouldn't be playing 40 minutes and worshiped because of his last name.
worshiped? A player doing what he is doing would not take the nonsense he gets here if he had a different last name. Sorry. He is a very good player and he is getting better and with his work ethic, will probably get a lot better as time goes on.

I think the point is our offense is really good against bad teams and stinks against good teams. Which is sadly an improvement.

We did not lose to Clemson, Notre Dame and Notre Dame because of offense. The beginning of the year fine whatever you made your point there.

If anything he’s probably been the most criticized player this year. Hardly worshiped. Not sure where you’re getting that take from. About two posters?

Last edited:
So you started following the team sometime after Andrew White played here...3 years ago?
Yeah. White made more contested 3’s than any player in Cuse history over 1 season and would still rank #1 in my mind...but we never saw him struggle in his earlier years- which changes perspective. But Buddy is in process of changing that narrative.

is pointing out the fact that buddy is now option 1 a complaint ? he's having a great season. he's also #59 nationally in minutes played and #63 in fg attempts. those are facts not opinions. he's SU option #1.

Buddy is apparently reaching Cooney territory. And he's got 2 1/2 years left.

I'd feel bad for him, but I assume he doesn't read this board.
Cooney?

is pointing out the fact that buddy is now option 1 a complaint ? he's having a great season. he's also #59 nationally in minutes played and #63 in fg attempts. those are facts not opinions. he's SU option #1.
So you're telling me a shooter who plays big minutes is going to attempt a lot of shots. Who knew?

And he's still not the first option for this team, no matter how many times you say it.

He will be a four year lightning rod for stupidity. Not sure some of these posters can maintain this pace, but they're apparently going to try.

BDS

Hughes is still clearly our option 1, Buddy benefits from how dynamic Hughes is and the attention Marek and Guerrier now garner.

that said, Buddy’s a top 20 player in the ACC.

math is math. spin it how you want. again buddy is playing great, i like the kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom