Buddy's game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy's game

Red scored 31 in the 2nd half against Missouri in 1994.

Eli just had 26 1st half points last week., and GMac had 28 against BYU.

I would have guessed Gmac. Did not remember Red went for that many in the 2nd half. And how quickly I forgot about Hughes. :cool:

Uh we don’t have better and he’s not that bad defensively.

But we should be using the extra scholly on a grad transfer or juco. Especially with our freshman class not being very good.

What's the record for missed jumpers that jam themselves between the rim and backboard and result in a held ball?

that's not all buddy's fault ...

9db54910ad81fdffab78120da59ed3edf3133b12.jpg

Kid scored 25...in a single half!! Has any Syracuse player ever done that? Jeeeesuusss.

Yes, he's a TERRIBLE defender in the zone because he is slow and just unathletic. But my goodness, he's an excellent shooter and 1 of 3 guys who can score.

The narrative here is utterly ridiculous. I feel like I'm reading a thread with a bunch of upset parents who want to crucify the coach because he's playing his kid and not theirs. While I'd like to see Q a little bit more by sliding Elijah to the 2, I'm not upset the guy who went off for 25 in a half was out there.

He’s a GREAT shooter. One of the best we’ve ever had. Not good at anything else though. It’s not his fault we don’t have anyone better. At the same time, people are frustrated that we’re in a position where sophomore Buddy is one of our main guys.

He’s a GREAT shooter. One of the best we’ve ever had. Not good at anything else though. It’s not his fault we don’t have anyone better. At the same time, people are frustrated that we’re in a position where sophomore Buddy is one of our main guys.
So don’t bash him for the fact he is a main guy. He plays the best he can

Buddy is a great shooter and is a valuable player when he comes off the bench and provides a spark offensively like he did last year. He shouldn't be asked to provide consistent good play as a full time starter this year especially for a program like Syracuse. He would've thrived on the 2014 team that had a good starting line up but needed good outside scoring depth to help overcome scoring droughts

when the game was never in doubt? that was with a couple minutes to play. the whole 2nd half we still had a chance. its not like it was 20 down the whole time. if not for him we lose by 25 and would have been down 20-25 the whole half. and as bad as his defense is, and it is, girards is as bad for different reasons. they are both bad. and while everyone is killing buddy today, 25 is still 25 regardless of half. he also shot better from the field than joe, better from 3 and even had more assists and fewer turnovers. some people pick their whipping boy and are blind to everything else.

what was the closest we narrowed the deficit to in the 2nd half? 8, maybe 9? That's a pretty comfortable win for the victor.

I watched him a lot today. His footwork in the first half was terrible. And he was so slow to the ball. They freed him up later but Hughes then got taken out. It's not good. And unfortunate because of his name. Different years he's be a huge asset.

To be fair:

This is the Buddy thread. But it still contains numerous comments about Joe's poor play. And there are other threads about how bad Sid is, and the foul/FT issue. I'm sure there would have been one for QG if he had played longer than 3min.

It should also be noted that Buddy contributed the max to the FT discrepancy as he fouled out and had no FTs - maybe a reflection of his athleticism that is being discussed here.

Let’s see if I understand this correctly...

We get crushed on the glass, G’town takes 31 free throws to our 9, our point guards combine for 2 lousy assists vs 5 turnovers, we have defensive lapses all over the place and you are singling out Buddy?

when the game was never in doubt? that was with a couple minutes to play. the whole 2nd half we still had a chance. its not like it was 20 down the whole time. if not for him we lose by 25 and would have been down 20-25 the whole half. and as bad as his defense is, and it is, girards is as bad for different reasons. they are both bad. and while everyone is killing buddy today, 25 is still 25 regardless of half. he also shot better from the field than joe, better from 3 and even had more assists and fewer turnovers. some people pick their whipping boy and are blind to everything else.
Not sure I mentioned Girard in my post. Also not sure we got closer than nine that I recall, and never seemed less than double figures. Some people pick their whipping boy just as some seem to pick the player they'll defend to the end. Teams not good. Blame for all including the coach and his son.

In the old days I used to look at basketball in terms of Big difference makers and fill ins (freshmen/sophmores, overmatched backup centers and 7th/8th/9th men). Rather than questioning whos the better player, it's more based on who can do damage on the court, and how much.

Buddy is definitely a Big difference maker, along with 3 other starters.
Sidibe the 4th at the moment; one day is a big difference maker, and the next three a fill in.
Our other 6, (freshmen sophmore's/and washington) are fill ins 9 out of 10 games for now.

Carey was supposed to be our defensive guard. We can shoot the eyes out of the basket, just need to fix the defense at guard now. If Guerrier/Dolezaj worked out I would be ecstatic.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom