Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

With how weak the WC looks to be this year, it's really frustrating that our FO doesn't seem to care we have zero receivers and one viable running back.

Hopefully they see something we don't because with our defense and schedule, the playoffs are realistic if our offense can do anything.

I see many of you are calling for a trade, but from what I know as a casual NFL fan in season trades are quite rare. If anything with all the varied positions in football, and more injuries, I would think it would be easy to find partners with a hole that offsets yours.

So my question is why are there so few trades in the NFL?

I see many of you are calling for a trade, but from what I know as a casual NFL fan in season trades are quite rare. If anything with all the varied positions in football, and more injuries, I would think it would be easy to find partners with a hole that offsets yours.

It used to be because of the fact the trade deadline was after week 4.

The NFL has moved the trade deadline to after week 9.
So more teams are out of it at that point.

It’s hard to make trades also because of the salary cap. Players on their last year are really the main players traded as if a player has a longer contract it leaves dead money on the trading teams salary cap.

New England makes trades pretty much every year.
They have acquired Aqib Talib, Akeem Hicks and traded Randy Moss, Jamie Collins during the season.

So I doubt it will happen but Buffalo should be on the phone with Pittsburgh today about Bryant now that he's all but demanding a trade. Guy has some off the field baggage but he would immediately be our #1 guy and a heck of a deep threat. Also probably wishful thinking but we should be calling GB today about Abederis or any other back end Wr's they have now that their season is over.

So I doubt it will happen but Buffalo should be on the phone with Pittsburgh today about Bryant now that he's all but demanding a trade. Guy has some off the field baggage but he would immediately be our #1 guy and a heck of a deep threat. Also probably wishful thinking but we should be calling GB today about Abederis or any other back end Wr's they have now that their season is over.
I'd take Bryant in a heartbeat but something tells me that he's not a McDermott kinda guy...

However, people have had things to say about what kind of person McCoy is and he's been nothing but a team guy since joining the Bills.

I'd take Bryant in a heartbeat but something tells me that he's not a McDermott kinda guy...

However, people have had things to say about what kind of person McCoy is and he's been nothing but a team guy since joining the Bills.

Ya my initial thought was that they will just continue to "trust the process" but at some point you have to realize the rebuild is way ahead of schedule and make a move for a WR. Heck at this point we could probably get Sammy back for peanuts, what a disaster he's been out in LA, good god.

Ya my initial thought was that they will just continue to "trust the process" but at some point you have to realize the rebuild is way ahead of schedule and make a move for a WR. Heck at this point we could probably get Sammy back for peanuts, what a disaster he's been out in LA, good god.
I agree. We're set up well for the future. They accomplished what they needed and stockpiled picks. We have six picks in the first three rounds. Playoff experience would be invaluable for this team and there's no harm in waving around a 4th or 5th to better this team now.

We have an elite defense and a favorable schedule in a year 9-7 probably gets a WC and we're 3-2 at the moment.

Martavis is already in the drug program and is in a contract year (I believe?). Can't imagine anyone is offering more than a 4th.

The points made above valid, for the most part. Each team's situation is a little different. That said, trading in mid-season announces to all interested parties that the system you've put in to identify, bring in and develop players isn't working, or it isn't working well enough. Not a lot of execs or coaches want to put that out there. Especially if you're seen to be chasing yet another head case wide-out with a poor track record who's whining to the press that he's not loved, especially after Pittsburgh stood by him during his season-long drug suspension. Back when I was in construction we called doing things like that "borrowing trouble."

I agree. We're set up well for the future. They accomplished what they needed and stockpiled picks. We have six picks in the first three rounds. Playoff experience would be invaluable for this team and there's no harm in waving around a 4th or 5th to better this team now.

We have an elite defense and a favorable schedule in a year 9-7 probably gets a WC and we're 3-2 at the moment.

Martavis is already in the drug program and is in a contract year (I believe?). Can't imagine anyone is offering more than a 4th.

Honestly he could probably be had a for a fifth at this point. Buffalo really needs to try and make this work.

Matthews is using both hands now to catch balls so he looks like he may be ready for Sunday. The Bills need to continuously hit and make Winston uncomfortable in the pocket on Sunday as he is dinged up.

Weather looks perfect Sunday for tailgating and beating the Bucs.

Deonta Thompson was about as good of a pickup as we could have right now without making a trade. He has some experience with Taylor and Buffalo already and is a major upgrade over Kaelin Clay.

Glad to see Matthews could be a go.

We are at home 3 out of the 4 next games and finally play some average-below average defenses.

Out of a bye week, I expect to see this offense show a lot of improvement.

If only Zay Jones would start doing this.
hahaha good jab. I still have very high hopes for Zay and think he will be fine in the long run. I imagine he is a bit shell shocked after stepping up from playing your Tulsas and Uconns of the AAC to playing the best in the world.

Deonta Thompson was about as good of a pickup as we could have right now without making a trade. He has some experience with Taylor and Buffalo already and is a major upgrade over Kaelin Clay.

Glad to see Matthews could be a go.

We are at home 3 out of the 4 next games and finally play some average-below average defenses.

I still really want to see what Reilly can do...

This is what I am looking for today- coming off the bye I would like to see demonstrable improvement in the offense- especially the running game. Tampa has a weak run defense if memory serves- if the Bills can't run it's time to seriously question the zone blocking scheme.

Lots has been made of McDermott learning from Andy Reid- hopefully he can match his record after the bye.