Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

These next 5 games are huge. I guess that's a stupid statement considering there's only 16 games but at 3-2, coming out of the bye, we have Tampa Bay, Oakland, @New York Jets, New Orleans, @Los Angeles Chargers.

That's five winnable games, of which the three toughest of the bunch are at home.

This also leads into at Kansas City and home New England in consecutive weeks.

We then finish off with 3 games against the (by far) worst teams in the NFL and a game against the Pats.

I think were probably looking at going 3-2 over that 5 game stretch. I see us likely splitting the Oakland/Tampa Bay stretch. Big worry would be stumbling against the Chargers. Saints at home should give us a decent shot.

Buffalo has a good chance to make the playoffs if they get to 9 wins.

Raiders schedule is going to eat them up.
The South isn’t getting 2 teams to 9 wins.
Baltimore isn’t consistent.

I think Buffalo, Raiders, Ravens are battling for 1 playoff spot.

Bills need to trade for a WR though.

Buffalo has a good chance to make the playoffs if they get to 9 wins.

Raiders schedule is going to eat them up.
The South isn’t getting 2 teams to 9 wins.
Baltimore isn’t consistent.

I think Buffalo, Raiders, Ravens are battling for 1 playoff spot.

Bills need to trade for a WR though.
Agreed.

There has to be someone willing to trade a decent WR for a 4th. We can just cut Holmes and get that pick back in the 3rd.

I think were probably looking at going 3-2 over that 5 game stretch. I see us likely splitting the Oakland/Tampa Bay stretch. Big worry would be stumbling against the Chargers. Saints at home should give us a decent shot.

If we are going 3-2, the key is that those three wins are Jets, Chargers and Raiders. Need wins on the docket against AFC teams for tiebreaker purposes.

Agreed.

There has to be someone willing to trade a decent WR for a 4th. We can just cut Holmes and get that pick back in the 3rd.

I think the challenge now is that rash of injuries from yesterday. Seems like a lot of WRs have gone down with injuries across the league. My guess is there is a thin talent pool to pick from, in terms of willing trade partners.

If we are going 3-2, the key is that those three wins are Jets, Chargers and Raiders. Need wins on the docket against AFC teams for tiebreaker purposes.

I think the challenge now is that rash of injuries from yesterday. Seems like a lot of WRs have gone down with injuries across the league. My guess is there is a thin talent pool to pick from, in terms of willing trade partners.
The Giants may or may not be ready to throw in the towel on the season. I'd have to think they would be the most aggressive in going after a WR if they think they still have a chance.

The Giants may or may not be ready to throw in the towel on the season. I'd have to think they would be the most aggressive in going after a WR if they think they still have a chance.

The Giants season is over, they called up their PS WR and will probably sign Cruz. Buffalo should be on the phone with Arizona and SD right now and see what can be worked out.

I'd rather use cap space or trade for a proven WR anyway. We already have Zay who we're trying to develop and outside of that insane Odell class, they usually take time.

Use those high picks next year on QB/OLine and the Front 7.

Buffalo should pony up a 2nd round pick to the Chargers for Keenan Allen.

He is a stud and done it in the playoffs.

Buffalo should pony up a 2nd round pick to the Chargers for Keenan Allen.

He is a stud and done it in the playoffs.

There not moving him with Rivers still healthy and playing unless you offered a 1 and no one is doing that.

There not moving him with Rivers still healthy and playing unless you offered a 1 and no one is doing that.
Rivers Era is almost over.
The Chargers spent a first round pick last year on a WR.

They have Travis Benjamin.
They would deal Allen for a second round pick. They aren’t going anywhere.

Bills have the draft capital. They could get a good WR for a 2nd round pick.

Can't watch game but have seen updates. When are they going to sign some receivers? Defense and ST can only do so much.

The issues are right there. It's blatant. Figure it out!

They won't b/c mgt. decided to tank

I'd do a 2nd for Keenan Allen in a heartbeat.

WR1 Keenan Allen
WR2 Jordan Matthews
WR3 Zay Jones

That shores up WRs for years to come as long as we resign Matthews.

Helps us right now and builds for the future.

Agreed.

I'm sure numerous teams would be willing to trade a decent WR for a 4th; probably even less. The bigger question is whether or not Buffalo is willing to trade a draft pick of any sort.

I can't help but feel that this will be yet another season of 7 or 8 wins, a middle of the first draft pick, and just enough flashes of talent to be hopeful of next season.

Just hoping that most of the QBs in college come out this year so that Buffalo can get one. Sounds like Josh Allen is a lock to declare for the draft. I assume one of Darnold and Rosen will as well. Lamar probably will. Falk, Rudolph, and Mayfield all will. Clayton Thorson and Darnold seem like the two big question marks right now regarding whether or not they'll declare.

I'm sure numerous teams would be willing to trade a decent WR for a 4th; probably even less. The bigger question is whether or not Buffalo is willing to trade a draft pick of any sort.

I can't help but feel that this will be yet another season of 7 or 8 wins, a middle of the first draft pick, and just enough flashes of talent to be hopeful of next season.

Just hoping that most of the QBs in college come out this year so that Buffalo can get one. Sounds like Josh Allen is a lock to declare for the draft. I assume one of Darnold and Rosen will as well. Lamar probably will. Falk, Rudolph, and Mayfield all will. Clayton Thorson and Darnold seem like the two big question marks right now regarding whether or not they'll declare.

I hate to say this because my mom is a Wyoming grad, but I would stay away from Josh Allen. He has not played well in any game against Power 5 competition this year or last year. This year, they lost some of their key offensive weapons but last year they had RB Brian Hill who got drafted by the Falcons, TE Jacob Hollister who is on New England and WR Tanner Gentry who is on the Bears practice squad and he still wasn't very impressive when the competition level went up.

I hate to say this because my mom is a Wyoming grad, but I would stay away from Josh Allen. He has not played well in any game against Power 5 competition this year or last year. This year, they lost some of their key offensive weapons but last year they had RB Brian Hill who got drafted by the Falcons, TE Jacob Hollister who is on New England and WR Tanner Gentry who is on the Bears practice squad and he still wasn't very impressive when the competition level went up.

I've been watching all their games this year and still have come away being very impressed. Certainly a risky pick, but he has pretty much everything you look for in a QB prospect IMO. Just my opinion, but I'd take him as the #2 QB in the class behind Darnold, and even that I think is pretty debatable.

And I'm definitely well aware of the how bad the supporting cast is lol. Do you watch them every week? It blows my mind that his group of receivers actually play on a Division 1 team. Literally half of his incompletions are due to drops every week.

Last edited:
Thought this is a very interesting analysis. Tyrod never seems to have all of his offensive weapons available to him.

I've been watching all their games this year and still have come away being very impressed. Certainly a risky pick, but he has pretty much everything you look for in a QB prospect IMO. Just my opinion, but I'd take him as the #2 QB in the class behind Darnold, and even that I think is pretty debatable.

And I'm definitely well aware of the how bad the supporting cast is lol. Do you watch them every week? It blows my mind that his group of receivers actually play on a Division 1 team. Literally half of his incompletions are due to drops every week.

I haven't caught every game this year - think I missed one. I watched most of them last year. He definitely has the tools, just not as confident it will all come together after seeing him struggle against tougher competition. But you're right, his WRs are not good this year to put it nicely. It'd be great for Wyoming to have a star QB in the NFL so I hope I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

The WR stats are so much fun:

953x1228.jpeg.33b62c6bd7f54771b41e56b6b68cc232

All Bills WRs combined are on pace to finish the season with 1,011 yards.

Sammy Watkins as a Bill: 66 yards per game
All Bills WRs combined: 63 yards per game

The WR stats are so much fun:

953x1228.jpeg.33b62c6bd7f54771b41e56b6b68cc232

All Bills WRs combined are on pace to finish the season with 1,011 yards.

Sammy Watkins as a Bill: 66 yards per game
All Bills WRs combined: 63 yards per game

Just Brutal, the fact that the organization is doing nothing to address this is mindboggling. I don't get it.

Just Brutal, the fact that the organization is doing nothing to address this is mindboggling. I don't get it.

I remain all in on the combo of Beane & McDermott but there handling of this is insane. I am all for building culture and improving the roster for the future but with such a weak AFC this year why not make a few moves? I don't think we would sacrifice the future by signing another RB and WR off someone's practice squad. Sends a bad message to the vets on the team...

I remain all in on the combo of Beane & McDermott but there handling of this is insane. I am all for building culture and improving the roster for the future but with such a weak AFC this year why not make a few moves? I don't think we would sacrifice the future by signing another RB and WR off someone's practice squad. Sends a bad message to the vets on the team...
With a bye week I'm very surprised we didn't see a couple of moves by yesterday.

Apparently we're interested in acquiring another RB according to the BBMB.

Still nothing about WRs.

I tend to agree and I don't think Beane nor McDermott will lose their vision of building for the future. Right or wrong they are building for long term success and I am fine with it albeit frustrating short term