Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

Tyrod can get the **** out. Not a franchise guy.

Not even a serviceable guy. Plays were there to be made and he couldn't make any of them.

Disgusted.

The problem is he doesn't have anyone to throw to
I don't want to hear that today. I really don't. He has been called out multiple times by the announcers for missing guys.

Missed a 15 yard gain. Easy pitch and catch and took a sack before the pick.

I don't want to hear that today. I really don't. He has been called out multiple times by the announcers for missing guys.

I agree. But it doesn't help that nobody on the outside can get open

Its a combo of both, Tyrod has accuracy issues and makes bad decisions. That said his weapons outside of Clay are awful and the playcalling has been uneven and thats being kind.

And when it happens... You can't miss them
He just doesn't elevate anyone. In fact he missed a ton of plays that are there to be made.

It's very indicting when the announcer (Tasker) points out multiple missed opportunities and says "you just can't miss that".

Its a combo of both, Tyrod has accuracy issues and makes bad decisions. That said his weapons outside of Clay are awful and the playcalling has been uneven and thats being kind.
Dennison and Castillo can follow him out of town for all I care.

How those fools couldn't win a game where they were handed 3 turnovers and a the ball in scoring position off a punt return is mind blowing. I don't care what WR issues we have.

Any chance we bring in receiving help over the bye week? It's a straight up "f*** you" to an elite level defense if they don't.

Also, Dennison/Castillo needs to be put on notice. Our offensive line play (same o-line as last year that was good at run blocking and average at pass pro) and playcalling have been atrocious most of the year.

3 forced turnovers and a punt return to the 20 and this POS offense has 16 points so far.

Embarrassing game because of this. Not quite Jauron vs Dallas when we somehow lost with 6 takeaways and 2 return td's but it's up there.

These Bengal games make me feel old. Seems only a couple years ago (but it's probably like 7) that we had beaten them every time since the '88 game. And since then it's a bunch of hideous 20-16 L's.

The problem is he doesn't have anyone to throw to
Yes but you need a top notch in the pocket passer o win it all. With good WRs Tyrod could get you to the playoffs. He missed multiple chances to run for first downs today. If he's not going to run then with no serviceable receivers then he's not the answer.

I watched the Buffalo game today and thought the team was too conservative offensively.
The lack of playmakers after Clay got injured was noticeable.

I mean your best offensive player was Brandon Tate.
The management has to regret the Watkins trade now but I understood it.

Bills should try to trade for a Brandon Marshall or somebody for a late round pick.

Defensively I didn’t think the Bills were impressive. They got 3 turnovers which really helped limit Cincinnati’s point total.

Also I thought the officiating was pretty even. They gave the bills the first down on that questionable late hit call and gave the bengals a first down on a third down hold.

Overall the lack of playmakers did the bills in. You guys are going to be in this but against better teams will need to convert the turnovers to TDs.

I watched the Buffalo game today and thought the team was too conservative offensively.

Bills should try to trade for a Brandon Marshall or somebody for a late round pick.

Defensively I didn’t think the Bills were impressive. They got 3 turnovers which really helped limit Cincinnati’s point total.

Also I thought the officiating was pretty even. They gave the bills the first down on that questionable late hit call and gave the bengals a first down on a third down hold.

Overall the lack of playmakers did the bills in. You guys are going to be in this but against better teams will need to convert the turnovers to TDs.
Worst game played by the defense this year. They just didn't seem as quick/on-point as they've been prior games. Weather probably played a part but we play in Buffalo so they might want to get that figured out. Also no Gaines or Humber today.

That said, they still only gave up 20 and handed the ball to the offense in great position multiple times.

Tyrod needs to sit if he's not going to use his legs. He's killing the offense by standing in the pocket waiting five seconds for receivers to break wide open due to his refusal to throw into NFL sized windows. I know these WRs aren't the greatest but there's plays to be made and he's not making them more often than he is.

Marshall was carted off the field today, so I don't think that's a good option. They definitely need more help at the skill positions, though.

So how does everyone feel going into the bye week?

3-2

Toughest part of our schedule (aside from 2 Pats games and @KC out of the way)

Elite defense

Stockpile of picks going into the next Draft along with decent cap space

McDermott/Beane seem to have a strong vision/plan

However, I lost a ton of faith in Tyrod Taylor this past week. I also haven't had much faith in Dennison and Castillo to begin with and any faith I did have also disappeared yesterday.

How we go from the top running team in the league to a team that can barely break 100 yards with LeSean McCoy and not much of a change in the offensive line personnel is beyond me. Only thing that changed was a new OC and O-Line Coach/Scheme.

Please sign a vet WR and Barnidge over the bye. One year deals, won't affect our cap space next year. Just give us some hope for this year at 3-2 with the scheduled lightening up.

3-2

Elite defense

However, I lost a ton of faith in Tyrod Taylor this past week. I also haven't had much faith in Dennison and Castillo to begin with and any faith I did have also disappeared yesterday.

How we go from the top running team in the league to a team that can barely break 100 yards with LeSean McCoy and not much of a change in the offensive line personnel is beyond me. Only thing that changed was a new OC and O-Line Coach/Scheme.

Please sign a vet WR and Barnidge over the bye. One year deals, won't affect our cap space next year. Just give us some hope for this year at 3-2 with the scheduled lightening up.

I'm very happy with the record. I had us 2-3 at best. But I have similar concerns with you. Don't want anyone to get hurt but I was hoping to see Peterman get a little time when he started warming up when Tyrod got banged up yesterday. Agree totally about the OL. McCoy still has it - he's not the problem. You don't go from 12oo yards rushing to struggling this badly in one offseason. Plus when he has room, you can see he still has the ability. It's hard to make a runner that good so ineffective but the line has managed to do it.

Not sure what vet WRs are available but they better find someone. Barnbridge would be a perfect fit at TE.

3-2

Elite defense

Mixed bag. GREAT to be 3-2, start of the season I wasn't convinced that we wouldn't be 1-4. Clearly we have a great defense. When healthy, it's borderline elite. And I am all in favor of building for the future, especially when it comes to securing a franchise quarterback. If this year is sacrificed for 15 years of good quarterback play, I am good with it. But don't forget the risk run of simply stockpiling picks- Deshaun Watson was available at 12...which we traded away.

That said the state of the offense is incredibly frustrating. Our WRs would barely crack the practice squad on many other teams. That doesn't make anyone look good, especially Tyrod. I noticed online that if we cut Holmes by Week 10 it's good for a third round compensatory selection next year. Umm, do that now- it can't get any worse. My hope is that Beane and McDermott are burning up the phones behind the scenes trying to get help. With an adequate (not good, ADEQUATE) offense I think this team can win 9-10 games. Note, some of that is a statement of how poor the rest of the league is vs. how good the Bills are.

Bye week couldn't have come at a better time. Get folks healthy, work the waiver wires, and give my nerves a break...

Mixed bag. GREAT to be 3-2, start of the season I wasn't convinced that we wouldn't be 1-4. Clearly we have a great defense. When healthy, it's borderline elite. And I am all in favor of building for the future, especially when it comes to securing a franchise quarterback. If this year is sacrificed for 15 years of good quarterback play, I am good with it. But don't forget the risk run of simply stockpiling picks- Deshaun Watson was available at 12...which we traded away.

That said the state of the offense is incredibly frustrating. Our WRs would barely crack the practice squad on many other teams. That doesn't make anyone look good, especially Tyrod. I noticed online that if we cut Holmes by Week 10 it's good for a third round compensatory selection next year. Umm, do that now- it can't get any worse. My hope is that Beane and McDermott are burning up the phones behind the scenes trying to get help. With an adequate (not good, ADEQUATE) offense I think this team can win 9-10 games. Note, some of that is a statement of how poor the rest of the league is vs. how good the Bills are.

Bye week couldn't have come at a better time. Get folks healthy, work the waiver wires, and give my nerves a break...
They definitely need to do what's needed for that 3rd round comp pick.

By Week 10, we should have Matthews and Streater back in the fold at the very least.

If anyone is interested in a glimmer of hope for the offense..

Buffalo is the #1 scoring defense through 5 weeks.

Three of the five teams we've played are in the Top 10 as well. Our two losses (@Carolina and @Cinci), along with Denver.

3-2

Elite defense

This team just isn't good enough man. All of the red flags are there - the talent, the turnover luck, the lousy passing game which is the one thing that's never changed in this playoff drought. And it's really ok because they weren't built to contend this year.

The McDermott era will go 1 of 2 ways. He won't find our franchise QB in which case he'll go down as another Dick Jauron [maybe a rich man's version but he does appear to be equally as conservative]. Or he will find the QB in which case we'll be repeating as division champs in 2020 and getting a good laugh out of "Hey remember when we were devastated by injuries to Charles Clay and Jordan Matthews - and oh btw the QB was LA's backup? Boy were we desperate to believe in anything".

This team just isn't good enough man. All of the red flags are there - the talent, the turnover luck, the lousy passing game which is the one thing that's never changed in this playoff drought. And it's really ok because they weren't built to contend this year.

The McDermott era will go 1 of 2 ways. He won't find our franchise QB in which case he'll go down as another Dick Jauron [maybe a rich man's version but he does appear to be equally as conservative]. Or he will find the QB in which case we'll be repeating as division champs in 2020 and getting a good laugh out of "Hey remember when we were devastated by injuries to Charles Clay and Jordan Matthews - and oh btw the QB was LA's backup? Boy were we desperate to believe in anything".
What you say could be true. Being optimistic, our upcoming schedule is much, much easier.

We have a bye week to figure out how to make the offense NFL level adequate because right now it's been downright unacceptable through 5 weeks.

The Bengals turnovers were flukey but most of the other games our defense is all over the place and harassing the QB. That usually results in turnovers.

I guess you can be optimistic in that maybe there's only 5 legit playoff teams so someone has to win the 2nd wildcard.
Must win both home games out of the bye. Split 'em and it's business as usual. The "still in the hunt" column on the right of the screen in December. Forget it.

I guess you can be optimistic in that maybe there's only 5 legit playoff teams so someone has to win the 2nd wildcard.
Must win both home games out of the bye. Split 'em and it's business as usual. The "still in the hunt" column on the right of the screen in December. Forget it.
These next 5 games are huge. I guess that's a stupid statement considering there's only 16 games but at 3-2, coming out of the bye, we have Tampa Bay, Oakland, @New York Jets, New Orleans, @Los Angeles Chargers.

That's five winnable games, of which the three toughest of the bunch are at home.

This also leads into at Kansas City and home New England in consecutive weeks.

We then finish off with 3 games against the (by far) worst teams in the NFL and a game against the Pats.