Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

I was dieing for them to add a WR, but I hope we didn't do something stupid and give up a real high pick.

Same here. Want to see the price tag. 5th or 6th? Great deal. Anyone know his contract status?

Same here. Want to see the price tag. 5th or 6th? Great deal. Anyone know his contract status?

Rumor is Buffalo gave up a 3rd. His 5th year option was picked up by Carolina this summer for $8-9 million. Can be cut for nothing in the off-season if he isn't injured.

My initial reaction...

552-kid-dances-on-miami-marlins-fan-cam-original-upload-official.gif

3rd and a 7th

Eh not terrible, would have preferred to have given this up for TY Hilton but it was clear the Bills needed an upgrade at WR especially with a chance to FINALLY make the playoffs.

Rumor is Buffalo gave up a 3rd. His 5th year option was picked up by Carolina this summer for $8-9 million. Can be cut for nothing in the off-season if he isn't injured.

Hmmm...3rd and a 7th. If we get the oft-discussed compensatory pick for other moves...basically free. 5th year option for next year or this one?

3Rd and 7th round picks.

Would have preferred it to be a 4th but assuming Buffalo plans on keeping him next year as well can't say they gave up a ton when you consider we still have 2 1's 2 2's and a 3rd rounder still.

Hmmm...3rd and a 7th. If we get the oft-discussed compensatory pick for other moves...basically free. 5th year option for next year or this one?

Next year. $8.5 mil next year.

I think Landry and Hilton are better players than Benjamin, but Benjamin's skillset is what Buffalo needed IMO. In order of preference, I would have had:

1. Martavis Bryant
2. Kelvin Benjamin
3. TY Hilton
4. Jarvis Landry

Next year, this is year 4. Same as Sammy.

I like that McBeane have a familiarity with KB

Agreed, that is a big time plus. Only concern is what someon outlined above in that he's not really a deep threat which Buffalo really needs. Still he clearly becomes the #1 WR in Buffalo and should really open things up for Matthews and Zay.

Next year, this is year 4. Same as Sammy.

Then I REALLY like the move. Ultimate flexibility, ability to retain an asset (if they so elect)- especially with the newly found cap space. Good player filling a role in a position of weakness. Now what gets shifted to add him to the roster?

I'm actually in Charlotte today on business- will try to get a flavor of the local sports talk radio reaction when I get out of here.

I love the move. McDermott and Beane obviously know him and think he'll be a good fit in Buffalo. Becomes our #1 receiver immediately. We have enough draft picks that I can live with giving up a 3. Have to give up something to get something.

I love the move. McDermott and Beane obviously know him and think he'll be a good fit in Buffalo. Becomes our #1 receiver immediately. We have enough draft picks that I can live with giving up a 3. Have to give up something to get something.
It’s a little rich but the Bills had plenty of draft capital after the Watkins and Darby trades.

Plus the Bills fanbase wants a playoff appearance.

Benjamin has ticked off Panther fans because of his weight. He is a huge red zone target though.
He will help the Bills.

Love it!

Was in meetings and my phone blew up. Guess nothing should shock me anymore with this Front Office.

Given that we have him under contract for next year too, I'm down with a 3rd and 7th.

We now have a legit WR core in Benjamin, Matthews and Jones.

Good move for now and the future.

Agreed, that is a big time plus. Only concern is what someon outlined above in that he's not really a deep threat which Buffalo really needs. Still he clearly becomes the #1 WR in Buffalo and should really open things up for Matthews and Zay.

Benjamin is a fine deep threat; he’s just not a speedy guy. He’s more of the Vincent Jackson breed of deep threat where he runs down the sideline and outjumps/reaches the corner.