Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

Have the Bills played their hardest part of the schedule? Obviously excluding the Patriots games.

The Bills look good for the playoffs.
As I don’t see the North getting 2 teams and Chargers/Raiders have little margin now. The South is really the only division which could get 2 teams not including the West which is getting 2 teams most likely.

I figure New England will finish 12-4 do you guys think the Bills will match that?

Still A LOT of tough games left

SAINTS
@ Chargers
@ Chiefs
PATS
@Pats

Plus 3 other divisional games, 2 of which are on the road.

Still A LOT of tough games left

SAINTS
@ Chargers
@ Chiefs
PATS
@Pats

Plus 3 other divisional games, 2 of which are on the road.

Agreed.. 5-2 is great start but still a ton of tough games out there.. not predicting anything at this point. I will say that the bills are going to be damn tough to beat at home.

Some reports Bills are looking at this guy for WR.
Redskins WR Terrelle Pryor on demotion: 'We believe in coach'

I don’t see bills giving up any significant draft picks at this point for a WR. Once again, they have seemed to put a decent group out there when nobody said they could. Why trade at this point? Seems crazy, things seem to be clicking just enough on offense.

I like Pryor and wouldn’t be opposed but just doesn’t seem to fit the mold of what Beane and McDermott are doing. like these guys with plenty of draft picks for sure.

It’s pretty amazing that this collection of personnel is 5-2. It’s the kind of work that the other recent Bills coach is often credited with (his name escapes me).

The vision is clearly being built for life after Brady (it just has to end sometime), and to be able to play this well right away?

Good times now, better times coming. I still question whether they can sustain it this year, but I’m certainly enjoying it while they do. So much parity, I guess why not.

I guess biggest question of next 24 hours is do they trade Cordy Glenn? Would have to get something decent in return for sure but Dawkins has been decent in replacing Glenn, have to wonder about long term health with Glenn as well. Seattle and Washington need lineman badly

I guess biggest question of next 24 hours is do they trade Cordy Glenn? Would have to get something decent in return for sure but Dawkins has been decent in replacing Glenn, have to wonder about long term health with Glenn as well. Seattle and Washington need lineman badly

It sounds like GB may be interested in Cordy too. I'm torn on this because I think he is a top 5ish LT when healthy but the young guys have played great. We need an immediate contributor and not a draft pick if the do pull the trigger. I'd be hesitant to trade him for Jimmy Graham if the rumors are true. I like Clay and O'leary (and Thomas too). I think TE is good but we could definitely use a weapon at wr.

LETS GO BUFFALO

It sounds like GB may be interested in Cordy too. I'm torn on this because I think he is a top 5ish LT when healthy but the young guys have played great. We need an immediate contributor and not a draft pick if the do pull the trigger. I'd be hesitant to trade him for Jimmy Graham if the rumors are true. I like Clay and O'leary (and Thomas too). I think TE is good but we could definitely use a weapon at wr.

LETS GO BUFFALO

Agreed, the O Line was solid for sure yesterday. I think if the bills do deal him it says more what they think about the guys who have played when cordy has been out as well as their concern about his long term health.. Nothing would surprise me with these guys, possible Pryor deal for Cordy with the skins, I am not quite sure but agree 100% this trade should be for somebody that can help this year and imagine it would be

Agreed, the O Line was solid for sure yesterday. I think if the bills do deal him it says more what they think about the guys who have played when cordy has been out as well as their concern about his long term health.. Nothing would surprise me with these guys, possible Pryor deal for Cordy with the skins, I am not quite sure but agree 100% this trade should be for somebody that can help this year and imagine it would be
If they feel ok about dealing Cordy, they can make a move for the future, along with this year. Guys like Pryor and TY Hilton seem like they would fit in just fine on this squad this year, and moving forward.

That being said, I'm not a fan of trading Glenn. He's really good and unless the staff sees long term durability issues, I don't get that move unless they get a haul that includes a player.

Last edited:
Here's my concern on trading Glenn. Left tackles aren't growing on trees in the NFL...if there are legitimate concerns on his durability and performance, why don't the Bills try to restructure his contract to something more friendly to player and team? Or am I just grossly oversimplifying things?

I am NOT in favor of trading for Jimmy Graham...

Here's my concern on trading Glenn. Left tackles aren't growing on trees in the NFL...if there are legitimate concerns on his durability and performance, why don't the Bills try to restructure his contract to something more friendly to player and team? Or am I just grossly oversimplifying things?

I am NOT in favor of trading for Jimmy Graham...

Nor am I, would definitely be listening for Hilton or Pryor though. Gun to my head, probably prefer to keep Glenn as well but you just never know with McDermott and Beane.

LT is a spot where you need competence but I'm not sure how valuable a very good one is. The days of it being triple the importance of RT are over with today's offenses. Still a guy you'd want to keep for a reasonable price but as with Dareus that ship has sailed thanks to Whaley.

I guess it depends on what the cost would be, but Hilton is locked up long-term; Pryor is a free agent this offseason. I'd imagine that, along with Pryor's lackluster production this season, would make Pryor far cheaper to acquire. A Cordy-Pryor swap would be pretty awful IMO, but if they want one of the other tackles for him, then I'd probably be into that.

I guess it depends on what the cost would be, but Hilton is locked up long-term; Pryor is a free agent this offseason. I'd imagine that, along with Pryor's lackluster production this season, would make Pryor far cheaper to acquire. A Cordy-Pryor swap would be pretty awful IMO, but if they want one of the other tackles for him, then I'd probably be into that.
Cordy is available but definitely not for Pryor alone. Sounds like we have a very steep asking price and will move him based on Dawkins/Mills looking solid, but we'll need a haul to trade him.

At least I think that's the case. If all it took was a pending FA Pryor, Glenn would've been traded a long time ago.

There's no way we trade Glenn now unless we get some outrageous offer. IMO it would have to be a couple Firsts, or close to, in order for us to pull the trigger.

Texans just traded Duane Brown to Seattle so that should put to rest any Cordy rumors I would think.

Not that I really believe half the stuff he tweets out, but it's Deadline Day, so it's fun to see what he's saying...

IncarceratedBob is saying that Buffalo offered a 2nd round pick for Jarvis Landry and is aggressively pursuing other WRs as well. He also says that they are still actively taking calls re: Cordy Glenn.

And it's been widely reported that Jarvis Landry will likely remain a Dolphin because Miami doesn't want to trade him within the division.

Not that I really believe half the stuff he tweets out, but it's Deadline Day, so it's fun to see what he's saying...

IncarceratedBob is saying that Buffalo offered a 2nd round pick for Jarvis Landry and is aggressively pursuing other WRs as well. He also says that they are still actively taking calls re: Cordy Glenn.

And it's been widely reported that Jarvis Landry will likely remain a Dolphin because Miami doesn't want to trade him within the division.

I cant blame Miami for not wanting to trade him within the division but if true good to hear Buffalo is out there being very active.

I cant blame Miami for not wanting to trade him within the division but if true good to hear Buffalo is out there being very active.
So I think the Bills now have about $5M in cap space for this season. Is it a use it or lose it situation?

So I think the Bills now have about $5M in cap space for this season. Is it a use it or lose it situation?

Edit- You can apparently carry over some of the unused cap see the post below.

Last edited:
Yes, the cap is adjusted each year, you don't get to roll over money.

This isn't true. In the NFL, you're allowed to carry-over cap space.

ex: last year:
C2atC_PUUAErqs4.jpg