Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

That’s some win right there. Would never have predicted it the way things were going lately.

Bills players should be pissed McDermitt punted that game last week.
The AFC is so crappy you guys are going to be the 6 seed if you sweep the Dolphins or split with New England.

The AFC is so crappy you guys are going to be the 6 seed if you sweep the Dolphins or split with New England.

Dude Bills fans dont care if we have to play Ne with 10 guys in Bradys backyard at 3am as long as we make the freeking playoffs

Dude Bills fans dont care if we have to play Ne with 10 guys in Bradys backyard at 3am as long as we make the freeking playoffs
I meant you need 2 wins from 4 games with Miami and NE.
I root for you guys honestly as no fanbase deserves the wait you guys have had.

The whole thing obviously wasn’t handled well, but I think the Chargers are also pretty good. Probably losing either way. You just have to move on. All about the playoff spot. This win probably helps heal the locker room if it was in fact in need of healing.

I meant you need 2 wins from 4 games with Miami and NE.
I root for you guys honestly as no fanbase deserves the wait you guys have had.

Probably won't make it but at least the D showed up today. Unless we knock out Brady i dont see us beating the pats

Probably won't make it but at least the D showed up today. Unless we knock out Brady i dont see us beating the pats
If the Patriots beat the Steelers week 15 that Christmas Eve game I can see the Patriots not caring and maybe pulling some starters to prevent injuries.

That week 15 game basically decides the 1 seed and with the Jets week 17 I can see Belichick 4D chessing to wanting to help Buffalo make the playoffs and keep Baltimore a team they struggle with out.

Agree, I don’t have much confidence either but the path is there. Sweep Miami, beat Indy and they have a shot but need some help. Do that and beat the Pats at home- gotta think 10-6 would do it.

I don't see 9-7 getting in. The Ravens schedule is a joke. Any reasonable scenario that has them 9-7 includes a L to Detroit which would be a 3rd nfc loss which would mean they'd have a better conf. record. Congrats to them for not having to play Darth Vader twice.

Nice surprising win anyway. Those ridiculous Jeff Tuel & Bryce Brown games in the Marrone years still stick in my craw. Best the pass-rush looked since Carolina. Ya TT butchered the O'leary throw but thought he was great escaping pressure early & still looking to throw.

I've been over the "our OC /playcalling sucks" posts for about a decade now. It's whatever. We don't have good players. I think it's fair to say the new run blocking scheme is a failure but that hay was in the barn a while ago. The last series was laughably pre-historic but that's on McDermott. Maybe he'll evolve but to me he looks like Jauron 2.0 so far.

I feel like most of TT's problems are pre-snap. 2 minutes is an eternity for everyone but us. We need all of it and time outs just to get in FG range [end of half].
Then we go back to back no 1st down on 2nd&1 and 2nd&3 in the 2nd half. Uggh. We don't seem to get out of plays that have no chance.

The fact that the QB keeper never works this year is pretty damning to our OL. Like how can we not run the ball despite a LB or someone always watching the QB.

I disagree that McD punted that game... TT was terrible and had like 40 yards passing against the Saints and was pretty piss poor against the Jets. He is an athlete playing QB who occasionally makes a good throw and generally uses his athleticism to get out trouble. The problem is he holds onto the ball too long, misses a ton of open receivers, has ZERO anticipation, refuses to throw receivers open and is pretty easy to game plan against (just keep him in the pocket). I think McD had to find out what he had back there with Peterman and I can't really blame. The bigger question is what happened to the D the previous 3 weeks? They collapsed worse than Syracuse's D so the team really has no one to blame for themselves if they don't make the playoffs. The Jets game os the real killer... they are not a real good team and the Bills laid down against them.

I still don't have an issue with seeing what we have in Peterman. The defense was a major problem in that 3 game stretch (2 losses before Tyrods benching), but Taylor wasn't blowing anyone away and by all accounts Peterman looked good in practice. Maybe not the best game for the switch in hindsight with that LAC pass rush, but when is a good time?... Certainly not on the road at Arrowhead or against New England.

Team stepped up. Let's see if that 3 game skid was just that... a skid, or emblematic of what kind of team they are. EJ Gaines back healthy helped and Milano flashed again at LB. They were stout against the run, tackled in space, had some pass rush and there weren't receivers running wide open all over the secondary. Only one forced turnover so his wasn't a flukey 4 TO game. The defense looked the the 5-2 defense again.

The offense... yeesh. Taylor misses some throws but does some good things as well. He's average with flashes of athletic brilliance. Guess it could be worse...obviously. Hopefully KB is back against NE because Zay Jones is starting to pick up steam and maybe the offense opens up more with another weapon outside.

The run scheme and playcalling is about as bad as I can ever remember. Extremely safe all the time, very predictable and way too cute at all the wrong times. The negative run plays have got to chill as they are killing this offense.