Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

I still don't have an issue with seeing what we have in Peterman. The defense was a major problem in that 3 game stretch (2 losses before Tyrods benching), but Taylor wasn't blowing anyone away and by all accounts Peterman looked good in practice. Maybe not the best game for the switch in hindsight with that LAC pass rush, but when is a good time?... Certainly not on the road at Arrowhead or against New England.

Team stepped up. Let's see if that 3 game skid was just that... a skid, or emblematic of what kind of team they are. EJ Gaines back healthy helped and Milano flashed again at LB. They were stout against the run, tackled in space, had some pass rush and there weren't receivers running wide open all over the secondary. Only one forced turnover so his wasn't a flukey 4 TO game. The defense looked the the 5-2 defense again.

The offense... yeesh. Taylor misses some throws but does some good things as well. He's average with flashes of athletic brilliance. Guess it could be worse...obviously. Hopefully KB is back against NE because Zay Jones is starting to pick up steam and maybe the offense opens up more with another weapon outside.

The run scheme and playcalling is about as bad as I can ever remember. Extremely safe all the time, very predictable and way too cute at all the wrong times. The negative run plays have got to chill as they are killing this offense.

Good analysis...

The 4-second deep hand-off to a guy slanting toward the sideline...man o man do I hate that look

I still don't have an issue with seeing what we have in Peterman. The defense was a major problem in that 3 game stretch (2 losses before Tyrods benching), but Taylor wasn't blowing anyone away and by all accounts Peterman looked good in practice. Maybe not the best game for the switch in hindsight with that LAC pass rush, but when is a good time?... Certainly not on the road at Arrowhead or against New England.

Team stepped up. Let's see if that 3 game skid was just that... a skid, or emblematic of what kind of team they are. EJ Gaines back healthy helped and Milano flashed again at LB. They were stout against the run, tackled in space, had some pass rush and there weren't receivers running wide open all over the secondary. Only one forced turnover so his wasn't a flukey 4 TO game. The defense looked the the 5-2 defense again.

The offense... yeesh. Taylor misses some throws but does some good things as well. He's average with flashes of athletic brilliance. Guess it could be worse...obviously. Hopefully KB is back against NE because Zay Jones is starting to pick up steam and maybe the offense opens up more with another weapon outside.

The run scheme and playcalling is about as bad as I can ever remember. Extremely safe all the time, very predictable and way too cute at all the wrong times. The negative run plays have got to chill as they are killing this offense.

Yeah it seems the Bills will need a new OC and Qb next year for sure. Curious what Cousins will do? Would niners deal Garapolo if Cousins goes to niners?

Anyone have a video of that "amazing" personal foul penalty? Has there been discussion/justification about it or no big deal just normal NFL Screw the Bills stuff?

I ask because obviously there is NO justification for the call and I want to know if I should still care about this League or if I should just pay Mr. Goodell a visit in his Park Avenue office around the corner?

Yeah it seems the Bills will need a new OC and Qb next year for sure. Curious what Cousins will do? Would niners deal Garapolo if Cousins goes to niners?
Denver and Buffalo will be bidding for Cousins.
Can’t see San Fran dealing Jimmy G.
Buffalo could trade a 2nd round pick for Alex Smith as well.

Would LOVE Cousins. He could be very good for us and would allow the team to use the Draft to build around him. He'll also have McCoy, Clay, Benjamin and Jones as weapons.

Denver and Buffalo will be bidding for Cousins.
Can’t see San Fran dealing Jimmy G.

I think Cousins would be a good fit in Buffalo. What's the explanation for not playing Jimmy G immediately at SF? I know he played a bit yesterday and looked good in 3 plays but seems weird

Would LOVE Cousins. He could be very good for us and would allow the team to use the Draft to build around him. He'll also have McCoy, Clay, Benjamin and Jones as weapons.

Cousins would be a good personality fit as well, dude drives some converted conversion van around DC. Down to earth dude

I think Cousins would be a good fit in Buffalo. What's the explanation for not playing Jimmy G immediately at SF? I know he played a bit yesterday and looked good in 3 plays but seems weird
Doesn’t know Shanahan system. They don’t want the guy to fail. I think he will start starting the last four games.

Doesn’t know Shanahan system. They don’t want the guy to fail. I think he will start starting the last four games.

Got it, I think Jimmy will be their QB for the future and I doubt Bellichick was going to deal him if they were going to trade him back to AFC East, I am sure there was some handshake agreements with that deal and a certain level of understanding. The deal seemed odd to me, felt Pats could have gotten more but oh well.

Bellichick must not hate the Shanahans

Got it, I think Jimmy will be their QB for the future and I doubt Bellichick was going to deal him if they were going to trade him back to AFC East, I am sure there was some handshake agreements with that deal and a certain level of understanding. The deal seemed odd to me, felt Pats could have gotten more but oh well.

Bellichick must not hate the Shanahans
Belichick respects the father Shanahan and Belichick has a great relationship with John Lynch.
Belichick wanted to keep Jimmy and compete for a SB with him and not Brady.
Brady has been so good Belichick couldn’t move on from him and Kraft told Belichick he can’t trade Brady so they were forced to move him when they did.

Belichick could have gotten more last season but he wanted to see if Brady could do it at 40.

Sweeet!!!

So Billsy - Trade for a #1 - Immediately injured and possibly done for the year. Meanwhile soft as charmin Sammy has been healthy all year.

Any chance Cordy's amputated ankle heals up ever?

Sweeet!!!

So Billsy - Trade for a #1 - Immediately injured and possibly done for the year. Meanwhile soft as charmin Sammy has been healthy all year.

Any chance Cordy's amputated ankle heals up ever?

Yeah as it looked they were going to focus on getting him some looks as well. Can they bring in Rod Streater? They need to play the next 5 and 3-2 and hope for the best

Yeah as it looked they were going to focus on getting him some looks as well. Can they bring in Rod Streater? They need to play the next 5 and 3-2 and hope for the best
Would make sense but it seems like Zay and Clay will be targeted in the passing game with a couple throws sprinkled around to Matthews, Thompson and Holmes.

New England -9 at Buffalo.
Patriots are banged up defensively but unless the Buffalo DL plays crazy it will be tough.

Patriots pass D has improved but the Bills will be able to get yards on the Pats D.

Taylor actually plays decently against New England.

New England -9 at Buffalo.
Patriots are banged up defensively but unless the Buffalo DL plays crazy it will be tough.

Patriots pass D has improved but the Bills will be able to get yards on the Pats D.

Taylor actually plays decently against New England.

Thats because NE's d can be suspect.

I'm much more concerned with Frasier dialing up the pressure on Brady. if they give Brady too much time he will pick apart the Bills secondary as is normal. I actually think Shady has a pretty good game against NE.

Thats because NE's d can be suspect.

I'm much more concerned with Frasier dialing up the pressure on Brady. if they give Brady too much time he will pick apart the Bills secondary as is normal. I actually think Shady has a pretty good game against NE.
The way to beat NE is not blitzing it’s having a good 4 man rush and taking away the middle.

If the Bills blitz Brady will just dump it to the running backs and beat you that way.

I think the Bills will move the ball but I don’t think they will outscore the Patriots without turnovers.

At least our secondary came out of Sunday healthy. Gaines, White, Poyer and Hyde should all be a go. I'd imagine Milano gets plenty of snaps since we'll need to cover the flats regardless of down.

The way to beat NE is not blitzing it’s having a good 4 man rush and taking away the middle.

If the Bills blitz Brady will just dump it to the running backs and beat you that way.

I think the Bills will move the ball but I don’t think they will outscore the Patriots without turnovers.
They are not getting any pressure with the conventional 3 or 4 man rush.

Brady tends to get rattled when heavy pressure is applied. I wish we could bring back Schwartz to call the d gameplan for this one. Is Gilmore playing or injured. Having him cover anyone is always a challenge for Stephon.

They are not getting any pressure with the conventional 3 or 4 man rush.

Brady tends to get rattled when heavy pressure is applied. I wish we could bring back Schwartz to call the d gameplan for this one. Is Gilmore playing or injured. Having him cover anyone is always a challenge for Stephon.
Gilmore is playing.
He has improved since coming back from his “injury”
Had an INT in the end zone yesterday and should have had a second instead the safety got the pick instead.
Brady gets rattled from pressure from DEs like Von Miller, Whitney Merclius, Justin Tuck, JPP.
Blitzing doesn’t work well against him.
Buffalo would be better off copying the KC defense which was 3 man rush and then they put a diamond in the middle and Berry on Gronk.
Micah Hyde should cover Gronk this week.
Buffalo will need their DL to play the best they can and get pressure without blitzing.
You guys will move the ball on the NÉ D but the D hasn’t been breaking these past 2 months.

I see a 34-24 type game barring turnovers.

I've watched it like 50x, showed all my employees and still can't rationalize what I'm seeing.

That's insane, especially when you watch the explanation video and realize the professional break dancers throw their leg way in the air to generate the momentum required. My kid is going to lose his mind seeing this. I predict 45 minutes minimum of him trying to figure this out tonight.