Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

That's just pathetic. What do we have to lose at this point?

But there's no way we could have made a 4th and 1, right Sean? I'll take the win but just depressing our coach is an idiot.

Unbelievable our coach does that two years in a row. This one was actually worse. The Colts punting it back to us also umm curious.

Unbelievable our coach does that two years in a row. This one was actually worse. The Colts punting it back to us also umm curious.

Yeah it wasn't exactly a battle of real men of genius on the sidelines today.

Bills vs. Colts: Joe Webb, LeSean McCoy save Buffalo in OT win (11 observations)

McDermott punt decision brutal
Sean McDermott made one of the most egregious in-game decisions of his coaching career Sunday. In overtime, he had the Bills punt on 4th-and-2 from the Colts’ 42-yard line. In essence, McDermott was playing for the tie in a situation where the Bills desperately needed a win to improve their playoff hopes.

Haven't been following closely of late due to a death in the family but McDermott's decision is completely indefensible. And before someone says "but they won"- you can make the wrong decision and luck into the right outcome. Which is exactly what happened.

I will drive to Buffalo and pack Dennison's bags for him... seriously, it's like he is trolling us with these Tolbert play calls...

Haven't been following closely of late due to a death in the family but McDermott's decision is completely indefensible. And before someone says "but they won"- you can make the wrong decision and luck into the right outcome. Which is exactly what happened.

I will drive to Buffalo and pack Dennison's bags for him... seriously, it's like he is trolling us with these Tolbert play calls...

"But they won" guy is the worst guy ever. Also massively hypocritical when they lecture you about being "Hindsight Guy" when criticizing something that didn't work out.

I'm done with McDermott. He's a meathead coach with zero feel for the game. Talks a big talk and then backs nothing up. No accountability, doesn't learn from his mistakes. Nothing. The Pegulas are 0 for 2 in head coaching hires and both franchises they own are embarrassments.

as it is it is right now, the bills have to beat the Dolphins twice. tenn is back in play after losing. they should root for the chargers to win out. It could easily be a 4 way tie with balt/bills/tenn and the AFC west loser with ties on conf record and common opp. that brings the SOV record into play?

as it is it is right now, the bills have to beat the Dolphins twice. tenn is back in play after losing. they should root for the chargers to win out. It could easily be a 4 way tie with balt/bills/tenn and the AFC west loser with ties on conf record and common opp. that brings the SOV record into play?
If NE beats Pitt next week they should tank against Buffalo on 12-24 for karma reasons.
By tank I mean sit Gronk, and a couple of starters.
They would beat the Jets the following week.
The Pitt-NE game next week will decide the 1 and 2 seeds.

How could you see the Colts? They were in all white and little blue.
Atleast the Bills bright red was good in snowy conditions.

For a long stretch in the first quarter, I couldn’t see much. Definitely couldn’t see the stands on the other side of the field or read the scoreboard.

I’m not even a Bills fan. Just went with some friends because it was a free ticket and the Giants are 2-11. Had no idea what I was in for.

If NE beats Pitt next week they should tank against Buffalo on 12-24 for karma reasons.
By tank I mean sit Gronk, and a couple of starters.
They would beat the Jets the following week.
The Pitt-NE game next week will decide the 1 and 2 seeds.

Lol we'd still lose

This column had one ridiculous blurb in it.

"Unfortunately for the Colts, there was a flag for offensive pass interference, which, frankly, is just stupid. These guys have been playing in the snow for 59 minutes and you're going to throw that flag on a two-point conversion? The referees might be the NFL's biggest problem. But anyway, that moved the ball back to the point that the Colts had to kick the extra point."

Now I agree the referees need to improve, but they aren't supposed to call a penalty because the guys have been playing in snow for 59 minutes??? Whatchu talking about Will???

WATCH: Colts-Bills snow game goes completely off rails, Vinatieri hits PAT

This column had one ridiculous blurb in it.

"Unfortunately for the Colts, there was a flag for offensive pass interference, which, frankly, is just stupid. These guys have been playing in the snow for 59 minutes and you're going to throw that flag on a two-point conversion? The referees might be the NFL's biggest problem. But anyway, that moved the ball back to the point that the Colts had to kick the extra point."

Now I agree the referees need to improve, but they aren't supposed to call a penalty because the guys have been playing in snow for 59 minutes??? Whatchu talking about Will???

WATCH: Colts-Bills snow game goes completely off rails, Vinatieri hits PAT
If the WR didn’t move into the Bills defender it’s legal.
Like setting a pick in basketball.
When you do that play as the WR your suppose to stand still when you get to the point in front of the defender but the Colt made the initial contact that is obvious PI.

I was shocked how Adam V got the following kick to curve in.

The refs made the right call on the 2 point play, the only thing I can really take from that game was McDermott freezing up going into a shell in OT and punting on 4th and 1, it was just a such a terrible call. Regardless of outcome, it was just a terrible call. Bills were beyond lucky to win that game, I am not blaming play calling etc because you are just so limited in conditions like that. McDermott got the right result but made the wrong choice. The pass completion that lead to the McCoy TD was a hale mary and the odds of that being completed far outweigh the shot of converting the 4th and 1. His prayers were answered for sure

The fumble by Tolbert was brutal as well, a game like that ball security is 10 times more important than any other game and he should have had both hands on it, no excuse there either. Maybe Tolbert thought he would outrun everyone. :rolling:

Bills need to root for somehow the Titans and Ravens to tank, the titans have a tougher schedule and seems to be playing worse. 9-7 probably wont get them in but seems to be the only chance they have. Cant see Ravens being any worse than 9-7 and that is pushing it. Titans looks like a 9-7 finish but not sure where that leaves Buffalo in a tie breaker.

I was not at the game and knew months ago I wasn't going, would have been a long ride home for sure.

Benjamin is obviously still hurt, nice to see him make a couple plays but have to assume he will be day to day at best

Last edited: