Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

LOL... I thoroughly enjoy a non-Bills fan coming here to tell us how lucky we were to have Tyrod.

Please, tell me more about how we were so blessed to have a QB who missed about 15 open receivers per game (on a run first offense) and took minor miracles to hit a pass catcher in stride when somehow a pass of his finds it’s way to a receiver.

He’s not awful but he’s not good. We made the playoffs because our secondary ball hawks like a mf and Shady is a monster, not because of anything Tyrod did. 99% sure we beat Jax in the Playoffs with McCarron at QB. I have no idea what AJ is, but at least he can perform the primary functions of a modern day QB.

LOL... I thoroughly enjoy a non-Bills fan coming here to tell us how lucky we were to have Tyrod.

Please, tell me more about how we were so blessed to have a QB who missed about 15 open receivers per game (on an run first offense) and took minor miracles to hit a pass catcher in stride when somehow a pass of his finds it’s way to a receiver.

He’s not awful but he’s not good. 99% sure we best Jax in the Playoffs with McCarron at QB. I have no idea what AJ is, but at least he can perform the primary functions on a modern day QB.

Lol. Irrelevant if I’m a Bills fan or not. He’s just not nearly as bad as I think you guys claim he is. I think the national experts share the same opinion. Again, I’m not saying he’s a Pro-Bowler or anything silly like that.

Lol. Irrelevant if I’m a Bills fan or not. He’s just not nearly as bad as I think you guys claim he is. I think the national experts share the same opinion. Again, I’m not saying he’s a Pro-Bowler or anything silly like that.
Cleveland fans will find out soon if he starts the season. He’s not a QB. He’s an athlete who can occasionally pass. With a deep threat and Landry on Cleveland, that’s about as ideal as it gets for Tyrod because he can confidently throw check downs and bombs without having to read a defense, go through progressions, hit tight windows or put any touch on the pass.

Cleveland fans will find out soon if he starts the season. He’s not a QB. He’s an athlete who can occasionally pass. With a deep threat and Landry on Cleveland, that’s about as ideal as it gets for Tyrod because he can confidently throw check downs and bombs without having to read a defense, go through progressions, hit tight windows or put any touch on the pass.

I’ve just liked his game I guess. He must have done something right to put up nearly 40 TDs vs 12 INTs in a stretch a few years ago.

I’ve just liked his game I guess. He must have done something right to put up nearly 40 TDs vs 12 INTs in a stretch a few years ago.
He’s easy to like personally. He’s a great dude, high character, makes some “wow” plays and throws a nice deep ball but he’s not a legit QB. This coming from someone who really wanted him to be.

The thing about Tyrod is that there isn't a stat that shows throws not attempted. The national media has always overvalued him. But enough about Cleveland's QB.

Great, great pick of Harrison Phillips at 96 at a position of need. Strongest linemen at the combine. Today is a good day for depth picks, hopefully OL and WR are addressed. Wish they had more picks yesterday but no arguments- as long as they don't make a habit of trading up each year, at some point draft picks are a critical component to maintaining salary cap health. Clearly McBeane has a plan...#process.

Last edited:

Tyrod is adequate as a placeholder and you wont grow to despise him like we did because your eventual starter is already on the roster.

Tyrod is good enough to ensure you can win between 7-9 games every year. He limits turnovers and makes enough plays with his legs to win games you're supposed to and he fails to see/hit open receivers or to ever lead any kind of 4th quarter comeback ensuring you lose the games you should.

His analytic stats look great because it appears that hes extremely efficient but that's 100% because he doesn't take chances down the field and therefore never turns the ball over. Can just go look at passing YPG and see the Bills are dead last at around 200 over the past few years and see why we all hated him by the end. Hell just go watch the Jax playoff game.

The thing about Tyrod is that there isn't a stat that shows throws not attempted. The national media has always overvalued him. But enough about Cleveland's QB.

Great, great pick of Harrison at 96 at a position of need.Strongest linemen at the combine. Today is a good day for depth picks, hopefully OL and WR are addressed. Wish they had more picks yesterday but no arguments- as long as they don't make a habit of trading up each year, at some point draft picks are a critical component to maintaining salary cap health. Clearly McBeane has a plan...#process.

No more "process". Stealing that from the 6ers is like the Jets fans starting up the #jetsmafia

Tyrod is adequate as a placeholder and you wont grow to despise him like we did because your eventual starter is already on the roster.

Tyrod is good enough to ensure you can win between 7-9 games every year. He limits turnovers and makes enough plays with his legs to win games you're supposed to and he fails to see/hit open receivers or to ever lead any kind of 4th quarter comeback ensuring you lose the games you should.

His analytic stats look great because it appears that hes extremely efficient but that's 100% because he doesn't take chances down the field and therefore never turns the ball over. Can just go look at passing YPG and see the Bills are dead last at around 200 over the past few years and see why we all hated him by the end. Hell just go watch the Jax playoff game.

The best thing I can compare it to is a Financial Institution that only does loans for ppl with 800 credit scores. Your charge off rate is gonna be as low as it gets, but the returns are going to be way low because you’re purposefully choking out your market size and only collecting on the lowest interest rates.

Now if you open yourself up to more risk, sure you may have more charge offs, but you can get bigger chunks of money with a bigger market and by collecting on higher interest rates.

Ppl who like Tyrod have only seen him in highlights.

No more "process". Stealing that from the 6ers is like the Jets fans starting up the #jetsmafia

Was referring to McDermott's constant use of the word. Has nothing to do with the Sixers.

Not going to add anything that hasn't already been said, but absolutely love the Harrison pick in the 3rd round. Some mocks had him in the first round, but probably the underwear Olympics made him drop a little, not sure on that.

Hopefully we can get some WR and OL help today.

Taron Johnson is the first pick I'm not that excited about. Would have preferred to look OL or WR.

Taron Johnson is the first pick I'm not that excited about. Would have preferred to look OL or WR.

Can never have too many DB’s.

There was a big run on OL last night. I don’t think there was a value OL pick to be had in the 4th.

I think we add a WR through FA or 1st round next offseason.

There was a big run on OL last night. I don’t think there was a value OL pick to be had in the 4th.

I wanted to grab that OL Crosby from Oregon. No idea why he dropped like he did. Many had him second round . But you are right about never having enough DBs. Just wouldn’t have been what I would’ve done but I’ve been wrong many times

Maybe they think it better to pick up other teams' cuts or fee agents than going WR in the late rounds.

Taron Johnson’s scouting comps are Tre White and EJ Gaines. After White, Davis and P. Gaines we had scraps. Johnson probably becomes our slot guy out the gate.

Siran Neal is a freak athlete and will play rotational/depth Safety for us. Watch his tape. My goodness...

That’s the draft range where you find depth/developmental defensive backs. I certainly trust McDermott’s evaluation when it comes to the secondary.

Love the Wyatt Teller pick. Some ACC scouts think he checked out this year and had falling out with the new VT staff. That dropped his stock... but he’s a good fit for our power scheme. Doesn’t hurt that his scouting comp is Richie Incognito. Probably starts for us at LG and PFF, amongst many other scouting services, had him around a Top 50 prospect.

Last edited:
Was a fan of every pick until Ray Ray McCloud. Seems like a waste of a pick with the other WRs out there. Not a fan of his game at all.

Was a fan of every pick until Ray Ray McCloud. Seems like a waste of a pick with the other WRs out there. Not a fan of his game at all.
Smallish. Not a burner. Punt returner. Meh.

Taron Johnson’s scouting comps are Tre White and EJ Gaines. After White, Davis and P. Gaines we had scraps. Johnson probably becomes our slot guy out the gate.

Siran Neal is a freak athlete and will play rotational/depth Safety for us. Watch his tape. My goodness...

That’s the draft range where you find depth/developmental defensive backs. I certainly trust McDermott’s evaluation when it comes to the secondary.

Love the Wyatt Teller pick. Some ACC scouts think he checked out this year and had falling out with the new VT staff. That dropped his stock... but he’s a good fit for our power scheme. Doesn’t hurt that his scouting comp is Richie Incognito. Probably starts for us at LG and PFF, amongst many other scouting services, had him around a Top 50 prospect.

I like the Neal and Teller picks for sure. Agree that it seems like you have to trust McDermott on the secondary. CBS pretty much said the same thing about Teller doing better in 2016.

"2016 film is first- or second-round caliber. Wide, punishing run-blocker. Balance, powerful pass-pro punch. Overextended at times in 2017. Should start at RG in Buffalo."

If we were going a Clemson guy, I was hoping Deon Cain would fall to us, but he was taken 2 picks ahead of us. Of who was available when we picked, I liked Allen Lazard from Iowa State or Marcell Ateman of Oklahoma State.

If we were going a Clemson guy, I was hoping Deon Cain would fall to us, but he was taken 2 picks ahead of us. Of who was available when we picked, I liked Allen Lazard from Iowa State or Marcell Ateman of Oklahoma State.
My only upside with Ray Ray is that he could be a sick punt returner. If our defense is getting 3 & outs regularly, he could do some damage in the return game.

I’m guessing he’s cut by this time next year. There was at least 10 WRs available that I would have preferred over him

Proehl was a better choice than Ray Ray but I prefer Trey Quinn over both by a pretty wide margin. Bills stocking up on slot WRs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom