Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

It would be a disaster if we didn't go WR with our 3rd pick unless someone slips that they are in love with. At the very least our 4th rd pick should be a WR. Next two picks should be WR/OL. I think Incognito will end up back on the field this year as well for us, makes way to much sense for both parties.

Wouldn't really be a disaster. Whoever you pick at #96 is far from a sure thing and there are holes all over the roster. The roster has no strengths besides safety so best player available philosophy should be used on every pick this draft. The roster turnover is going to continue to be huge for the next year so even spots that seem like they might be ok today like d-line are desperate needs because I imagine the chance is extremely high that Hughes and Kyle are playing their last years in Buffalo.

This entire post is absurd from top to bottom.
Hi Mrs Rosen, tell us why your boy won’t quit or be done after his 1st contract??

They brought in a couple WRs for workouts so there’s that.

I can’t see how they’re ok with Benjamin, Zay and Kerley but they may be.

I’d be happy with a potential starter at WR or TE tonight.

O-Line, it seems like they’re just throwing bodies at every position aside from Dawkins/LT. Lots of competition...not a lot of proven talent.

They did indeed. Hopefully a couple of the guys they've been connected to slide tonight.

Bills’ pre-draft visitor connections could play role in picks

Using this as a resource, the available WRs that they've been connected to are (roughly in order of expected draft slot):
DJ Chark
Anthony Miller
James Washington
Dante Pettis
---------------------- Day 2 guys above, Day 3 guys below
Marcell Ateman
Cedrick Wilson
Deontay Burnett
Simmie Cobbs
Jordan Lazley
Braxton Berrios
Antonio Callaway
Robert Foster
Steven Mitchell

Based on what I'm guessing the offense will look like/trying to accentuate Allen's biggest strengths, Miller, Washington, and Pettis all make a lot of sense. I don't have the numbers for Chark available, but Washington and Pettis in particular seem like ideal fits based on their route trees (though I think Pettis is the worst prospect of those 3). Both Washington and Pettis ran a ton of out routes, which is probably Allen's biggest strength. Miller didn't run that route nearly as often, but he was by far the most efficient of the 3. Washington would also give Buffalo that vertical threat that it's currently lacking so he stands out to me as the most likely target IMO. I think Chark, Miller, and Washington will all require a trade-up; Pettis MIGHT slip to 96.

Edit: Also, DaeShawn Hamilton isn't connected to the Bills via workouts or anything, but there's some connection via some of the coaches that McDermott trusts and he too would seem to be a good fit for Allen's skillset.

Last edited:
Hi Mrs Rosen, tell us why your boy won’t quit or be done after his 1st contract??

Explain to me why that seems remotely realistic? He doesn't need the money to begin with and is still playing through surgeries and concussions. The fact that your brain has taken in some random bits of information about this kid and concluded that he is going to decide to quit playing the game he has been playing since he is a child when he finally gets to the big stage is nuts. The money doesn't and hasn't mattered, his dad is a major surgeon who was nearly nominated to be surgeon general by Obama and his mom comes from money. He would've already quit playing and wouldn't work his a** off to get where he is if he was just going to quit when he got there. Jesus.

Explain to me why that seems remotely realistic? He doesn't need the money to begin with and is still playing through surgeries and concussions. The fact that your brain has taken in some random bits of information about this kid and concluded that he is going to decide to quit playing the game he has been playing since he is a child when he finally gets to the big stage is nuts. The money doesn't and hasn't mattered, his dad is a major surgeon who was nearly nominated to be surgeon general by Obama and his mom comes from money. He would've already quit playing and wouldn't work his a** off to get where he is if he was just going to quit when he got there. Jesus.
He will be quitting.

He dropped because he didn’t want to play this fall even.

I wish your cardinals good luck.

He will be quitting.

He dropped because he didn’t want to play this fall even.

I wish your cardinals good luck.

I am a Bills fan. Give 0 craps about the Cards. Just fighting the battle for the benefit of others not to read nonsense and think any of it is remotely factual.

There’s almost no reason to believe Josh Allen will work. Almost.

Allen was an awful pick in every sense of the word. Your only hope as Bills fans is that Skip Bayless doesn't like him, so he'll probably end up being the second coming of Brady. Good luck. Love the Edmunds pick. Bills should have taken Rosen with the trade up. Ideally, they should have not made a move and took Jackson or Rudolph later.

Last edited:
I am a Bills fan. Give 0 craps about the Cards. Just fighting the battle for the benefit of others not to read nonsense and think any of it is remotely factual.
If u want me to start trashing the guy u took by pointing out his well know flaws and stop trashing the guy you skipped by pointing out his well know flaws...I can arrange that.

If u want me to start trashing the guy u took by pointing out his well know flaws and stop trashing the guy you skipped by pointing out his well know flaws...I can arrange that.

We are all aware that every QB avail has significant issues. To think you are the one thats able to differentiate those flaws and know who is going to succeed or not in the NFL is just a dumb thing to even think you or any of us is capable of.

You could also stick to pointing out your own quarterback's well-known flaws and why your gasbag GM thinks it's a better strategy to draft a RB than try to find a successor to your aging/declining QB.

You could also stick to pointing out your own quarterback's well-known flaws and why your gasbag GM thinks it's a better strategy to draft a RB than try to find a successor to your aging/declining QB.

Didn't even know he was a Giants fan. That makes all this funnier. Using a top 5 pick on a RB can not provide any surplus value even if hes a superstar. Barkley now has the highest guaranteed deal of any RB in the league.

Didn't even know he was a Giants fan. That makes all this funnier. Using a top 5 pick on a RB can not provide any surplus value even if hes a superstar. Barkley now has the highest guaranteed deal of any RB in the league.
The took a RB instead of trading down for at least 3 extra 2nd rounders just to hang on to 37 year old Eli Manning, who hasn't been good in years. That's pretty inept, unless of course Davis Webb is the future...

We are all aware that every QB avail has significant issues. To think you are the one thats able to differentiate those flaws and know who is going to succeed or not in the NFL is just a dumb thing to even think you or any of us is capable of.
Welcome to the Internet.

One would think millenials would like it, guess not.

Oh well. As you were.

Allen is better for the Bills than Rosen.

There, I said it again.

Sorry...

The took a RB instead of trading down for at least 3 extra 2nd rounders just to hang on to 37 year old Eli Manning, who hasn't been good in years. That's pretty inept, unless of course Davis Webb is the future...
He was awesome till last year...when he had a horrible OL and Z.E.R.O. WRs.

Remind me again...How often do Bills QBs throw for over 4000 yds and win Super Bowls?,

Thanks in advance

And the draft top 5...IS for superstars, pro bowlers and HOFers.

Not for drafting by made up Internet need reasons.

Or reaching...

Agreed. Absolutely ridiculous that the Giants didn't trade down. Guys like Guice and Chubb are still on the board and they could've had a stockpile of picks, even if (worst case scenario for them) Buffalo didn't include 22 or a 2019 1st.

Could be there wasn't much of a market, but I doubt that.

Welcome to the Internet.

One would think millenials would like it, guess not.

Oh well. As you were.

Allen is better for the Bills than Rosen.

There, I said it again.

Sorry...

Sound like an old crusty Trumper based on the usage of millenials and snowflakes. Guessing you miss the old days huh. Bet the thought of using a Trip-Tik and getting the new phone book on your porch each year gets you really excited.

This thread is losing its mojo

No more mentioning Trump in here.

By most measures Allen seems to be the right choice for Buffalo. I was disappointed last night when it wasn’t Rosen, but Beane is going for a home run with this kid. He has 99th percentile crazy strong arm, a big chip on his shoulder, and he’s ready to work.

Edmunds will be a beast sooner rather than later. I honestly woulda been happy w only a franchise qb and a franchise lb in this draft. We still have what, 5 picks to go? Give me 2 OL, WR, LB, RB and it’s time to go hunt down the cheaters.

Trust the Process and laugh heartily at the Jets thread.

By most measures Allen seems to be the right choice for Buffalo. I was disappointed last night when it wasn’t Rosen, but Beane is going for a home run with this kid. He has 99th percentile crazy strong arm, a big chip on his shoulder, and he’s ready to work.

Edmunds will be a beast sooner rather than later. I honestly woulda been happy w only a franchise qb and a franchise lb in this draft. We still have what, 5 picks to go.

Jordan Palmer thinks Allen is the best prospect he's ever seen.

The analytics on Allen are insane. Arm strength unmatched by almost anyone and a quick release on par with Brady and Rodgers. Height, build and athleticism of Cam.

Rosen should be good if he can stay upright and healthy but he's got a lot of Sam Bradford in him.

Edmunds will be a beast sooner rather than later. I honestly woulda been happy w only a franchise qb and a franchise lb in this draft. We still have what, 5 picks to go? Give me 2 OL, WR, LB, RB and it’s time to go hunt down the cheaters.

I don't even care about positions. Just grab the best players possible. IMO the only players that seem to be for sure starters in 2019 are Allen and Dawkins on offense and Star, Murphy, Edmunds, Milano, White, Hyde and possibly Poyer on Def. Everything else is a need.

Beane just said they will go to camp with Edmunds, Lorax and Milano in the starting LB spots. Makes more sense than playing him at DE when they have Yarborough and Lawson rotating in.

Beane just said they will go to camp with Edmunds, Lorax and Milano in the starting LB spots. Makes more sense than playing him at DE when they have Yarborough and Lawson rotating in.

Would be nice if we could get something out of Lawson this year, that pick has not aged well.

Also said if someone they value was available in Round 2 - they would be willing to package some later picks to move up.

Edmunds is gonna be MLB. Sideline to sideline speed, elite size. He’s raw as hell but his potential is unlimited.

He pops off the screen in highlight reels. Obviously I haven’t seen All22 film on him but those highlight tapes make you say wow on nearly every snap.

Gonna take some time though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom