Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

Would be nice if we could get something out of Lawson this year, that pick has not aged well.

He was dominant against the run early in the season. Then had injury issues. Sure would be nice to have it all come together for him this season and be able to make some plays for us in the backfield consistently.

I don't even care about positions. Just grab the best players possible. IMO the only players that seem to be for sure starters in 2019 are Allen and Dawkins on offense and Star, Murphy, Edmunds, Milano, White, Hyde and possibly Poyer on Def. Everything else is a need.

I don’t think this roster is as pathetic as you portray. My biggest concern is that it is an aging one, which is why BPA is certainly the best method but you always have to have an eye toward need.

It’s just the nature of roster building in the free agency era. Especially when you are in the beginning of a regime change.

Jordan Palmer thinks Allen is the best prospect he's ever seen.

The analytics on Allen are insane. Arm strength unmatched by almost anyone and a quick release on par with Brady and Rodgers. Height, build and athleticism of Cam.

Rosen should be good if he can stay upright and healthy but he's got a lot of Sam Bradford in him.

The Jordan Palmer interview on WGR today and the Trent Dilfer interview with Rich Eisen and the guy from sports science have me drinking the koolaid. And it tastes pretty good.

Last edited:
I don’t think this roster is as pathetic as you portray. My biggest concern is that it is an aging one, which is why BPA is certainly the best method but you always have to have an eye toward need.

It’s just the nature of roster building in the free agency era. Especially when you are in the beginning of a regime change.
Also worth noting is that we entered the Draft with the 8th most remaining cap space this year. We will sign some mid-level value players to hold down spots of need this year. Man, if we can convince Richie to come back, our O-Line is fine for now.

For the "worst team ever" crowd.. I think it will be tough to be terrible with a starting defense that looks like:

Murphy-Kyle-Star-Hughes
Milano - Edmunds - Lorax
White - Poyer - Hyde - Davis

Also worth noting is that we entered the Draft with the 8th most remaining cap space this year. We will sign some mid-level value players to hold down spots of need this year. Man, if we can convince Richie to come back, our O-Line is fine for now.

For the "worst team ever" crowd.. I think it will be tough to be terrible with a starting defense that looks like:

Murphy-Kyle-Star-Hughes
Milano - Edmunds - Lorax
White - Poyer - Hyde - Davis

I just can’t see us being too far away from .500 one direction or the other. There’s too much veteran talent to allow a huge dip.

Three x-factors that should pay dividends:

1. A non- Tyrod QB
2. A legit block eating DT
3. A playmaking MLB who can cover

Doesn’t mean anything but cool to here Mel Kiper opening up the Draft tonight by praising Buffalo for getting who he claims is a “once every 10-15 year talent” at QB. Also praised the Edmunds move.

Was listening to nfl radio on Sirius this afternoon. Had some scout on, maybe from the dolphins. They were talking about the trades that did and didn’t happen.

He said the trade he was surprised didn’t happen, especially after seeing who the browns took with the 4th pick, was between the Browns and Bills. He said he knows for a fact the Browns had an offer on the table from the Bills for the #1 pick which would have been both the Bills 1st round picks and other picks. He didn’t mention what the combo of other picks were. He was surprised the Browns didn’t make the trade because they could have gotten one of the top QBs, maybe even Mayfield, with the 4th pick and packaged the 12th pick with a second or 3rd to move up a few spots to be safe and get Ward. They’d then still have pick 23 and a couple extra 2nds or 3rds.

He didn’t say who he thought the Bills wanted at #1. Also said by not doing the trade it showed how much the Browns wanted Mayfield and weren’t taking a chance.

Last edited:
Anyone else NOT surprised Nate Clements got fat?

Wouldn't really be a disaster. Whoever you pick at #96 is far from a sure thing and there are holes all over the roster. The roster has no strengths besides safety so best player available philosophy should be used on every pick this draft. The roster turnover is going to continue to be huge for the next year so even spots that seem like they might be ok today like d-line are desperate needs because I imagine the chance is extremely high that Hughes and Kyle are playing their last years in Buffalo.

Perfecto.

Great pick. Aging D-line was one of my bigger worries about the roster. Fantastic that he fell to us.

And one thing you continue to see w every Bills pick since McDermott and Beane took over - they want smart people on their team.

With no 2nd and only a late 3rd hard to say they didnt hit a homerun there. Need WRS and olinemen tomorrow l

Allen could be the real deal but Tyrod was far down the trough of problems the Bills presented.

Allen could be the real deal but Tyrod was far down the trough of problems the Bills presented.

You have no clue what you are talking about. None.

You have no clue what you are talking about. None.

Lol. I’m not even a Bills fan. You were lucky to have him. Any idiot knows he isn’t some Pro Bowler. But, his numbers were solid when he had some weapons in 2016. His weapons were taken away last year and you made the postseason when you had no business really being there.

Lol. I’m not even a Bills fan. You were lucky to have him. Any idiot knows he isn’t some Pro Bowler. But, his numbers were solid when he had some weapons in 2016. His weapons were taken away last year and you made the postseason when you had no business really being there.

How many Bills games did you watch from beginning to end over the last three years?

How many Bills games did you watch from beginning to end over the last three years?

Like that matters. I’m sure Mike Mayock didn’t watch nearly as much as you did but he’s a big Tyrod guy. Cleveland (I live here) fans and media are certainly happy to have him. Even more now since they drafted that douche Mayfield.

Like that matters.

Huh? How could it not matter when you come to the Bills thread and say Tyrod was the least of the Bills concerns, as if you have some sort of legitimate insight?

Tyrod is a great guy, great teammate, hard worker. I wish him nothing but the best, but he’s not gonna take you to the promised land.

That’s what the Bills want to do - they want to win divisions, playoff games, the Superbowl.

Cleveland wants to win 6, 7, 8 games rather than 0 or 1? God bless em. Tyrod’s your guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom