Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

You must be one of those self-hating Bills fans.

Props to you for the goalpost maneuvering in this thread. First you claim they could easily be the worst team in football, and now magically you win money if the Bills can’t get to 9 wins. Nicely done.

I’ll pass on the offer to bet money with a stranger on the internet - you clawing to get on the bandwagon while I stand on it triumphantly will be enough reward for me come playoff time.

You seem like a wgr caller. All angry and mad most sundays.

You seem like a wgr caller. All angry and mad most sundays.

Mike Schopp? Is that you?

Or some other gutless killjoy?

Last edited:
Mike Schopp? Is that you?

Or some other gutless killjoy?

Are you over 9 months old? Because if not, being in my early 30s has forced me to be realistic as a Bills fan. I don't overrate every player and think things are going to just work out.

All analytics pointed to them being a below .500 team last year but they benefitted from a high turnover differential which all of history has shown regresses to the mean over time. Add in that they are unquestionably a less talented roster overall and that's how every independent party sees them as a 6ish win team or worse. But I'm sure your prediction abilities are far superior to those of Vegas and football outsiders.

Are you over 9 months old? Because if not, being in my early 30s has forced me to be realistic as a Bills fan. I don't overrate every player and think things are going to just work out.

All analytics pointed to them being a below .500 team last year but they benefitted from a high turnover differential which all of history has shown regresses to the mean over time. Add in that they are unquestionably a less talented roster overall and that's how every independent party sees them as a 6ish win team or worse. But I'm sure your prediction abilities are far superior to those of Vegas and football outsiders.

Last year must have really sucked for you.

Last year must have really sucked for you.

Nope. Exceeded expectations. Was wonderful. This year will not be. Especially if your expectations are out of line with reality.

BillsSnow.jpg

So does this mean he can sign elsewhere? Man he really handled his situation all wrong. If you didn't like the new contract that much - don't sign it.

So does this mean he can sign elsewhere? Man he really handled his situation all wrong. If you didn't like the new contract that much - don't sign it.

Yes he is now a FA. Interesting to see where he ends up.

Richie had 3 seasons, 3 straight Pro Bowls. On other message boards Beane is getting a cult-like love fest... I'd like to hear Richie's side of the story before trashing him like some have elsewhere. The guy balled out all 3 seasons, and deserved a nice contract, did he not?

Also curious why Beane didnt "Boldin" him, instead of cutting him? The difference in how he handled the situations differently makes me wonder how different the situations were. I'm not saying Richie was without fault, but Beane has a track record of dumping Whaley guys like hotcakes...part of how he had all of those picks to overpay(per chart value) for Allen.

Seriously, GMDW closed Richie with Rex's help...and got 3 straight Pro-Bowl years. Beane hasnt yet done anything like that, but he certainly has gotten rid of players like that... as well as any GMDW guys at an epic rate. OL, WR, 2nd RB, possibly even QB...the offense has a good likelihood of being in shambles. Shady is projected as the team MVP, and he is aging and injury prone. If he gets injured, well I dont think I need to finish that sentence.

Maybe Beaner is going to do better than he did last season and fill some of the holes he neglected and/or created? What say ye folks? Or is HCSM going to be relied on to be even more heroic than last season?

Richie was starting to pop off again, his mouth has gotten him into more trouble over the years, stuff like this isn't going to be part of who the bills are anymore. It just won't. I think Beane and McDermott have made that very clear. I think they will give guys 2nd opportunities for mistakes they make like Zay but what Richie was doing and the games he was playing, retiring/unretiring, tweeting all the stuff. It was crap and isn't really going to be tolerated. I hate to lose the guy but the Bills have been and will continue to build for long term success not just the next season.

Sounds like you are pining for the Rex/ Whaley days... I think "Beaner" is doing just fine.

In all seriousness, the Giants need to kick the tires on all vet OL...especially decorated ones.

Could be a good fit and the mean streak they need over there, could open up some nice holes for the rook as well

We got three well behaved pro-bowl years out of him until he went off his meds.

Well done Bills.
Not sure if joking about the meds but certainly did get three good years.

Not sure if joking about the meds but certainly did get three good years.

Just referring to his erratic behavior this offseason.

Signing to take pay cut then tweeting “I’m retired - I’m unretired - I want to be released - I want to come back”

I think we’re getting away from him just in time.

Appears he is sour grapes about agreeing to the pay cut he took (not blaming him either). Good luck Richie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom