Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

We are not a good team but I wasn't ready to throw the season away yet. Nice win.

Defense seems to be living up to what everyone was expecting coming into the season. Top 10 Level D, with a lot of young talent.

Nice to see the run game get going a bit. Zay Jones also had a solid game.

So not a Bills fan but just checked espn gamecast and even despite the win they updated the records to 4-1 and 1-4 lol. Screenshot_20181007-155750.png

Defense seems to be living up to what everyone was expecting coming into the season. Top 10 Level D, with a lot of young talent.

Nice to see the run game get going a bit. Zay Jones also had a solid game.

Loved that Zay actually made some catches and getting the ball to McCloud on that last drive was a breath of fresh air. Still need to sign 1 or 2 wrs but the D looked great and Ivory/McCoy were outstanding

Great win today Buffalo.
It helped me again in my knockout pool.
You guys also beat the team Douglas Marrone lost too.

The D is what we thought it would be... tough up front and smart in the back. The Dline was exceptional today. Star and Kyle flashed all day. Kyle is going on the wall.

The offense is a work in progress but thank God we finally committed to the run today. It made all the difference. We controlled the clock and put Allen in better situations, moved the pocket, and I saw him make better choices when the hit the fan which is a positive step. The WRs suck. Benjamin is worthless. He is the Fatty Doo Doo for 2018.

This offense needs a talent infusion but for now I’m pretty sure McDermott is a good coach. I’m gonna sit back and watch it unfold.

When will McDermott stop challenging the spot? It's a meathead moron move to keep doing that with zero success.

This is one that drives me crazy. McDermott has to get someone to let him know to be smarter on challenges even if it's another coach to tackle him when he's about to toss the red flag. He seems to challenge more on emotion than logic if that makes sense.

Because I think that Beane and McDermott truly don't know what they are doing. I want to believe that they are the answer to this franchise's frustrations, but I've seen far too many red flags from both of them to really get fully on board.
Strongly disagree with this. I feel they are the best gm/coach combo the Bils have had in a long time. Both have made mistakes but have done more good then bad .

Strongly disagree with this. I feel they are the best gm/coach combo the Bils have had in a long time. Both have made mistakes but have done more good then bad .

Yeah biggest red flag was that whole pesky... ya know... taking us to the playoffs for the first time in two decades thingy.

Bills boards and Bills fans always think they’re DOOOOOMED!!!

The best thing about McBeane is... they want more than just a 9-7 wildcard playoff and out scenario.

Some people just aren’t willing to deal with the growing pains that come with building a perennial winner from the ground up.

Last edited:
Yeah biggest red flag was that whole pesky... ya know... taking us to the playoffs for the first time in two decades thingy.

Bills boards and Bills fans always think they’re DOOOOOMED!!!

I best thing about McBeane is... they want more than a 9-7 wildcard playoff and out scenario.

Some people aren’t just willing to deal with the growing pains that come with building a perennial winner from the ground up.

It was great to make the playoffs, but there was a lot of luck involved in that, including needing a miracle from Cincy. Our record improved by a mere two games from the dreadful Rex Ryan. It just so happened that 9-7 was able to get us in the playoffs in a down year for the AFC (only 2 other 9-7 teams made the playoffs in the AFC this decade).

I'm not going to bail on Beane and McDermott yet, but there have been enough issues to give me pause:

1.) Being woefully inept on the offensive line and doing nothing to shore it up this offseason. That's magnified doubly by the fact that they drafted a rookie QB who has to play and learn behind that line.
2.) Speaking of QB's, naming Peterman the starter in the middle of the playoff hunt on the road against a very tough defense was a borderline fireable offense. Naming him the starter at the beginning of this season when it's highly questionable if he should even be on the roster is laughable.
3.) The WR situation is an abomination and there does not appear to be a remedy in sight. Again, they have put their rookie QB in a bind with no line and no weapons.

All that being said, Beane and McDermott's futures are pretty much completely tied to Allen and what they do in free agency/the draft this offseason. I pray that the right moves are made, but much like my SU football fandom, I've seen this all play out one too many times before.

It was great to make the playoffs, but there was a lot of luck involved in that, including needing a miracle from Cincy. Our record improved by a mere two games from the dreadful Rex Ryan. It just so happened that 9-7 was able to get us in the playoffs in a down year for the AFC (only 2 other 9-7 teams made the playoffs in the AFC this decade).

I'm not going to bail on Beane and McDermott yet, but there have been enough issues to give me pause:

1.) Being woefully inept on the offensive line and doing nothing to shore it up this offseason. That's magnified doubly by the fact that they drafted a rookie QB who has to play and learn behind that line.
2.) Speaking of QB's, naming Peterman the starter in the middle of the playoff hunt on the road against a very tough defense was a borderline fireable offense. Naming him the starter at the beginning of this season when it's highly questionable if he should even be on the roster is laughable.
3.) The WR situation is an abomination and there does not appear to be a remedy in sight. Again, they have put their rookie QB in a bind with no line and no weapons.

All that being said, Beane and McDermott's futures are pretty much completely tied to Allen and what they do in free agency/the draft this offseason. I pray that the right moves are made, but much like my SU football fandom, I've seen this all play out one too many times before.

If the Cincy game had happened in week 1 instead of week 17 no one would bring it up and Andy Dalton’s charity coffers wouldn’t be as well stocked.

You say making the playoffs is lucky but then the following year you expect... what? A 12-4 division winner? They are building their roster. It can’t be done in 2 drafts (and Beane has only been here for one) while at the same time dumping big time assets to obtain picks that you will then just turn around and dump in order to get a franchise QB while at the same time carrying the dead weight of dead money from Whaleys dead beats.

They are in the middle of their plan. Let it play out - it’s basically still in the beginning stages. Next year we won’t have a rookie QB, we’ll have brought in some FA offensive talent, and we will have drafted some rookie offensive talent.

Look at the defense... that has been their focus since McD and Beane arrived on the scene- and the D is kicking serious tail right now! Pretty much lights out for 14 straight quarters and running now.

Give the new FO some time to find some offensive talent!

If the Cincy game had happened in week 1 instead of week 17 no one would bring it up and Andy Dalton’s charity coffers wouldn’t be as well stocked.

You say making the playoffs is lucky but then the following year you expect... what? A 12-4 division winner? They are building their roster. It can’t be done in 2 drafts (and Beane has only been here for one) while at the same time dumping big time assets to obtain picks that you will then just turn around and dump in order to get a franchise QB while at the same time carrying the dead weight of dead money from Whaleys dead beats.

They are in the middle of their plan. Let it play out - it’s basically still in the beginning stages. Next year we won’t have a rookie QB, we’ll have brought in some FA offensive talent, and we will have drafted some rookie offensive talent.

Look at the defense... that has been their focus since McD and Beane arrived on the scene- and the D is kicking serious tail right now! Pretty much lights out for 14 straight quarters and running now.

Give the new FO some time to find some offensive talent!

I just have a pessimistic view on things because I live in the wonderful purgatory of being a Bills and SU football fan.

The best thing about McBeane is... they want more than just a 9-7 wildcard playoff and out scenario.

Can I like this sentence 100x times? This to me is the biggest thing about McBeane- it would have been REALLY easy to build on last year's success with a few tweaks, keep Tyrod, spend some money, etc...instead they tore the whole thing down in an attempt to be great. Will it work? Don't know, but at least someone is at the helm who has a plan.

Watched most of the game yesterday, great D and a revitalized running game. Allen has a ways to go but what rookie after 5 games doesn't? Go back and look at the Manning brothers first year (do not interpret this as an individual comparison to either one)...it's always bumpy. And at least they had talent surrounding them, not the roster of cast-offs and never-beens that Allen is throwing to/protected by. Assuming we retool next offseason the future looks bright.

Anyone holding out hope that we hit the midway point of the season at 4-4?

Need 2 out of 3.

@Hou
@Indy
NE (MNF)

3-5 with 5 of the final 8 at home keeps us alive.

4-4 with 5 of the final 8 at home puts us in good position.

NE = Auto Loss for everyone after September so obviously these next two games are huge.

Need 2 out of 3.

@Hou
@Indy
NE (MNF)

NE = Auto Loss for everyone after September so obviously these next two games are huge.

This team isn't going to even sniff the playoffs with the offense that it has. We thought that Tyrod was a poor passer, but Allen has so far been markedly worse (I know, he's a rookie, line issues, WR issues, etc.). In 3 of its 5 games this year, the Bills have failed to surpass 100 yards passing. In the 2018 NFL. It happened twice all of last year, and one of those was the blizzard game. I bet a team having less than 100 yards passing hasn't happened 3 times this year combined across the rest of the league.

This team isn't going to even sniff the playoffs with the offense that it has. We thought that Tyrod was a poor passer, but Allen has so far been markedly worse (I know, he's a rookie, line issues, WR issues, etc.). In 3 of its 5 games this year, the Bills have failed to surpass 100 yards passing. In the 2018 NFL. It happened twice all of last year, and one of those was the blizzard game. I bet a team having less than 100 yards passing hasn't happened 3 times this year combined across the rest of the league.
Not that it’s much better, but his stat line should’ve been 11/19 for 105 yards, 20 yards rushing, 1 TD and 0 turnovers, if Andre Holmes was a WR and not a special teams/perimeter run blocker masquerading as a pass catcher.

With our Defense and potential in the Running Game, that could be enough.

You’d also hope Allen progresses as the season goes along.

Need 2 out of 3.

@Hou
@Indy
NE (MNF)

Would be great if we could get these next two on the road. Then we’d be 4-3 with 9 games left. 6 of them at home.

Sunday’s gameplan was perfect. Offense just needs to cash in on a few of those drives we had/started on the good side of the 50 yard line.

Excited about the D. Looks like all the new pieces are settling in nicely and White and Milano appear to have made the 2nd year jumps we were hoping for. Need to stay healthy on that side of the ball and we should be able to compete most weeks.

No discussion of the Eagles and Bills having a discussion re: McCoy trade?

Supposedly Buffalo is asking for both a 2nd and 3rd round pick (which is absolutely ridiculous), but I am curious to see if this goes anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom