Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

Replaced on the active roster by a DE and a CB. Just what Allen needs...

I just the saw picture of Kelvin Benjamin from the Dolphins game holy jeez that guy is out of shape. He looks out of shape for a TE and that guy is supposed to be a WR? My god he stole money.

A2F29714-1D62-491C-8983-60FC225B5974.gif

Holy . I just watched highlights from that Bills game and that must have been one of the most frustrating games ever, which is REALLY saying something. My god- Allen missing Jones in the redzone wide open, missing Foster wide open deep, the ST fumble, the dumb penalty on hughes, defense not holding to FGs when dolphins were driving, the missed scoring chance off Allen's big runs followed by the sacks, the throw to clay that was definitely catch-able after the crazy scramble. Ugh.

My goodness. So glad I couldn't watch that one.

Holy . I just watched highlights from that Bills game and that must have been one of the most frustrating games ever, which is REALLY saying something. My god- Allen missing Jones in the redzone wide open, missing Foster wide open deep, the ST fumble, the dumb penalty on hughes, defense not holding to FGs when dolphins were driving, the missed scoring chance off Allen's big runs followed by the sacks, the throw to clay that was definitely catch-able after the crazy scramble. Ugh.

The TD pass to Kenny Stills was low-key frustrating. It looked like Stills basically snatched the ball right out Poyer's (I think) hands

I think that I heard McDermott and Jones say that on the 'miss' to Jones, Zay was actually supposed to 'sit down' in the EZ. Allen didn't throw Jones under the bus, though.

I just the saw picture of Kelvin Benjamin from the Dolphins game holy jeez that guy is out of shape. He looks out of shape for a TE and that guy is supposed to be a WR? My god he stole money.

yeah and this is a contract year for him, not a good look

I feel better the direction the bills are heading than I did earlier in the year and with regard to Josh Allen, I can't say that I would rather have any of the other rookies over him at this point. He still has the biggest upside of any of them, IMO. I really like the kid.

Just hope they can draft and attack free agency with a purpose of surrounding him with some more weapons. Zay can be a solid #2, IMO he really has been showing progress as the season goes on.

I wouldn't be surprised if they draft the LSU corner first though to complement Tre White

I feel better the direction the bills are heading than I did earlier in the year and with regard to Josh Allen, I can't say that I would rather have any of the other rookies over him at this point. He still has the biggest upside of any of them, IMO. I really like the kid.

Just hope they can draft and attack free agency with a purpose of surrounding him with some more weapons. Zay can be a solid #2, IMO he really has been showing progress as the season goes on.

I wouldn't be surprised if they draft the LSU corner first though to complement Tre White

If Buffalo doesn't trade down, I think they should probably go defense with their first pick. I don't really like any of the offensive guys enough to take them in the top 10 personally (with the exception of maybe Jonah Williams as I just don't have a good eye for scouting O-Line prospects). The WR class is absurdly deep this year; this is one of those drafts where you want to wait and take your WRs in the 2nd-4th rounds rather than the first IMO.

Wow

Daboll getting a head coaching gig this offseason would be shocking.

I would be stunned. I like what we've shown with Allen in the lineup but I would think NFL GMs would want to see a little more evidence before they believe.

The Daboll as a head coach thing makes absolutely zero sense. His career win/loss record as an offensive coordinator in the NFL is 22-54. In 4.5 seasons as an OC, he has led the 32nd, 29th, 22nd, 24th and 31st (through 12 games) ranked offenses. What in god's name would an NFL team be looking at and saying "that's what we need around here"????

The Daboll as a head coach thing makes absolutely zero sense. His career win/loss record as an offensive coordinator in the NFL is 22-54. In 4.5 seasons as an OC, he has led the 32nd, 29th, 22nd, 24th and 31st (through 12 games) ranked offenses. What in god's name would an NFL team be looking at and saying "that's what we need around here"????

Obviously that's leaving off a ton of context. He's literally never worked with even a bad QB before. Every offense he's gotten the opportunity to work with has had probably one of the bottom 3 QBs in the NFL at that point in time.

He has ties to probably the two greatest football coaches of this generation in Belichick and Saban, who both seem to think very highly of, and I think Daboll has shown a lot of promise designing this offense; seems like he's correctly receiving credit for a job well done this year.

More than that, he's probably being connected in this particular case because the GM that is rumored to take over in Jacksonville (Polian) went to high school with Daboll. Green Bay (the other team he's been connected to) tends to go for cheaper, younger options that can develop, and I could see Daboll being that guy for them. And lastly, we could end up with like 8-10 openings this offseason and there's only a couple exciting coaches expected to be available, and at least two of them (Lincoln Riley and Josh McDaniels) could easily opt to remain in their current jobs.

Having said all of that, my guess is that if anything, he just gets a couple interviews this offseason before maybe getting a head coaching gig next year if the offense takes a step forwards.

Obviously that's leaving off a ton of context. He's literally never worked with even a bad QB before. Every offense he's gotten the opportunity to work with has had probably one of the bottom 3 QBs in the NFL at that point in time.

He has ties to probably the two greatest football coaches of this generation in Belichick and Saban, who both seem to think very highly of, and I think Daboll has shown a lot of promise designing this offense; seems like he's correctly receiving credit for a job well done this year.

More than that, he's probably being connected in this particular case because the GM that is rumored to take over in Jacksonville (Polian) went to high school with Daboll. Green Bay (the other team he's been connected to) tends to go for cheaper, younger options that can develop, and I could see Daboll being that guy for them. And lastly, we could end up with like 8-10 openings this offseason and there's only a couple exciting coaches expected to be available, and at least two of them (Lincoln Riley and Josh McDaniels) could easily opt to remain in their current jobs.

Having said all of that, my guess is that if anything, he just gets a couple interviews this offseason before maybe getting a head coaching gig next year if the offense takes a step forwards.

I don't think much context is necessary there. It's quite obvious that he's been OC of some pretty bad teams. So he coached on bad teams and did nothing to help improve them, at least based on the statistics. I'm not sure what is there that would scream head coaching candidate to me. Just because someone coached with a great coach does not make them a good coach. Being an "offensive assistant" (whatever that means) on a Super Bowl squad doesn't carry as much weight as leading some absolutely terrible offenses as an OC.

God I love playing a Todd Bowles coached Jets team. It’s like taking candy from a baby.

Last edited:
Credit the Jets training staff for surgically removing Darnold’s tampon and getting him back on the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom