Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 134 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

Nothing gained (except a bye week this week) and nothing lost.

This team can beat anyone in the playoffs. I agree w LIC in terms of the importance of the long ball clicking at the right time.

I will be putting duct tape on the back of my Tyrod jersey this weekend and writing Barkley on it. Unless someone wants 4 tickets for $500 a piece? :cool:
Bills benefit from losing this week.
It pushes the Jets draft position out of the top 10.
It helps the Bills draft position in event of ties.

These games are glorified preseason games. Your QB should play a quarter to a half at most.
Don’t even gameplan this game just run basic plays.

Welp, nothing gained (except a “bye” week this week) and nothing lost.

This team can beat anyone in the playoffs. I agree w LIC in terms of the importance of the long ball clicking at the right time.

I will be putting duct tape on the back of my Tyrod jersey this weekend and writing Barkley on it. Unless someone wants 4 tickets for $500 a piece? :cool:

That's funny I sold my jets tickets about 2 weeks ago as I am heading out on vacation Saturday. Tough sell given what the game now means. I would sit everyone you possibly can

Live an hour and a half from Houston and going back to Buffalo for the holidays 12/31 - 1/5. Really can't believe that there is going to be a Bills playoff game this close and I'm going to be watching it in god damn Buffalo. Should probably just ditch family for the year, they'll understand...enough.

Was just kind of hoping to sit everyone and lose on Sun for draft purposes and then went and looked at the NFL standings. In some kind of bizarro world there are 0 NFL teams with 9 wins right now so can't even gain a spot in the draft order with a loss. Seems damn near impossible.

Encouraging stat lifted from TBD:

Since the Bills Week 6 Bye:
21 Touchdowns, 2 Interceptions (and 2 lost fumbles).

During that span here are some of the defenses he has played against:
The #1 defense
The #4 defense
The #5 defense
The #9 defense
The #10 defense
The #11 defense
(stats as of week 16)

That's pretty incredible ball security for an "inaccurate" guy.

Encouraging stat lifted from TBD:

Since the Bills Week 6 Bye:
21 Touchdowns, 2 Interceptions (and 2 lost fumbles).

During that span here are some of the defenses he has played against:
The #1 defense
The #4 defense
The #5 defense
The #9 defense
The #10 defense
The #11 defense
(stats as of week 16)

That's pretty incredible ball security for an "inaccurate" guy.

I think people tend to incorrectly correlate turnovers with inaccuracy. It's generally more about making bad decisions or just being aggressive (which isn't necessarily a bad decision).

I think it's pretty fair to say Allen is doing a very good job of protecting the ball while also still not being as accurate as we'd like. He's left a ton of points on the field this year due to his misses, and it's a big reason the offense has struggled pretty much all year.

Still showing a lot of progress in a lot of areas though, including the accuracy. Just still has a lot of work left to do.

Starters are playing Sunday including Allen. However, some will not play the whole game and Allen will likely be pulled at some point for Barkley.

Starters are playing Sunday including Allen. However, some will not play the whole game and Allen will likely be pulled at some point for Barkley.
I’m fine w that... just as long as they aren’t playing the whole game.

I’m fine w that... just as long as they aren’t playing the whole game.

Personally I don't want White or Allen playing on Sunday. The last thing we need is one of them getting hurt in a meaningless game against the Jets of all teams. Sit Singletary and the two young Lb's as well.

This feels like a game that TJ Yeldon and Duke Williams should get a lot of work. I imagine we will limit Allen, Singletary, Gore, Brown, and Beasley's snaps in particular.

Personally I don't want White or Allen playing on Sunday. The last thing we need is one of them getting hurt in a meaningless game against the Jets of all teams. Sit Singletary and the two young Lb's as well.
I don’t really see anything wrong w playing them a quarter or a half. Keep em sharp at practice all week, let them go out and execute a bit.

If someone gets hurt I reserve the right to change my mind. Lol.

Just trying to handicap this game from a betting perspective and I'm struggling to see why the Bills would put forth much of an effort on Sunday. Would appreciate any insight from Bills' fans as to how they see McDermott playing this thing out. thx

Can't see their top 3-4 guys on each side of the ball playing more than a quarter. The backup QB is experienced and played very well in preseason. Contract years and job security will motivate some others. I have no idea how to bet the game.

Looks like a number of school aged kids there...which is AWESOME parenting. And I mean that sincerely. They’ll remember that for the rest of their lives. Sleeping in and missing one day of school won’t kill them.
Or, tough it out and go to school.

Just trying to handicap this game from a betting perspective and I'm struggling to see why the Bills would put forth much of an effort on Sunday. Would appreciate any insight from Bills' fans as to how they see McDermott playing this thing out. thx
This is how I see it...

I don’t think all starters will be active. Older guys like Gore, Lorenzo Alexander, Jerry Hughes, John Brown/Beasley, and Mitch Morse could all be inactive.

I think that big time key defensive guys like White, Milano, Edmunds, Poyer, Hyde will see very few snaps... some of this group may not play at all and the rest will see just a handful of snaps.

Singletary and Allen will probably get a half or less. I think they will attempt to limit the snaps of Dawkins, Spain, Feliciano by rotating them all game long on the oline.

I also see a very vanilla game plan. Simple base D all game. Offensively I see a ton of handoffs to Yeldon and Perry. Especially once Allen is pulled.

That’s my gut feeling. I could be completely wrong.

Not sure what the O/U is but I’d look at the under.

Last edited:
Should just let Allen play in the 4th quarter since that's the only quarter he generally plays well in anyway ;)

This is how I see it...

I don’t think all starters will be active. Older guys like Gore, Lorenzo Alexander, Jerry Hughes, John Brown/Beasley, and Mitch Morse could all be inactive.

I think that big time key defensive guys like White, Milano, Edmunds, Poyer, Hyde will see very few snaps... some of this group may not play at all and the rest will see just a handful of snaps.

Singletary and Allen will probably get a half or less. I think they will attempt to limit the snaps of Dawkins, Spain, Feliciano by rotating them all game long on the oline.

I also see a very vanilla game plan. Simple base D all game. Offensively I see a ton of handoffs to Yeldon and Perry. Especially once Allen is pulled.

That’s my gut feeling. I could be completely wrong.

Not sure what the O/U is but I’d look at the under.

Interesting that McDermott admitted that Greggggg Williams' reputation as a dirty coach will play into his PT decisions.

Also, Jamal Adams has said that the Jets will be "hunting" the Bills, so that's a concern as well. Generally, Adams is more bark than bite, but Henry Anderson has attempted to cheap shot a Bill in each of the last 2 Bills/Jets games - Hauschka hasn't been the same since

This has about as much chance of happening as New England NOT sneaking someone in to film the practices of their Divisional round opponent.

{Meant purely as a ruse to rile up Alsacs}

I just want a home playoff game sometime soon. obviously won't be this year but hopefully next year or two

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom