Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

I wonder about Perry, Love, Munnerlyn, Joseph, M. Alexander & Teller... also I personally really like Murphy and Marlowe. These are the names up for debate imo.

There is definitely a handful of quality NFL players were going to have to cut that in most years would have made the team. The overall talent level has definitely gone up. The Bill's 2nd and 3rd string guys dominated the lions backups and have looked good in most of the pre season games. I expect Buffalo will try and stash ad many guys on the PS as possible. I like Murphy and a few of thos other guys u noted, the squeeze of the 53 man roster really presents some tough calls this year.

No that's the other dude. We should go get the guy the Pat's just cut. Both of our punters have been awful this pre-season

There’s a chance Riley Dixon will be your punter.

Also these penalties are insane, McDermott has gotta do something, year after year with this crap.
My two observations from that game:

1) Allen better not ever attempt that “across the body, running in the opposite direction” throw in the regular season.

2) To your point, the penalties rendered that game virtually unwatchable. Hopefully the “point of emphasis” is fixed because to your point this has been a multi year problem...

Ready for some regular season football. Roster is much better than past years, going to be some tough cuts.

2) To your point, the penalties rendered that game virtually unwatchable.
Brad Allen and his crew are trash. They love throwing their flags and making the game about them.

Also he has a very punchable face.

However, the NFL seems to have gotten this PI replay challenge right. Only overturned if it’s “clear and obvious.” The coaches will adjust and will barely throw their flags on such plays imo. And if they don’t become more judicious, they’ll be burning through their challenge flags.

Last edited:
Smoke building on this Clowney to Buffalo thing...
A726F140-8D90-483D-B0F3-CCC2A4742A6D.gif

Yup.. I see that on TSW.

I have zero doubts that we’re trying to trade for Clowney. Way too much smoke.

Whether it happens, we’ll see.

Sounds like they want a WR according to Lombardi, also need OL help and of course Lamar Miller went down last night.

Yup.. I see that on TSW.

I have zero doubts that we’re trying to trade for Clowney. Way too much smoke.

Whether it happens, we’ll see.

Sounds like they want a WR according to Lombardi, also need OL help and of course Lamar Miller went down last night.
Zay, Shady, and a 3rd?

It would be great getting Clowney without having to lose a hog molly up front to protect Allen.

Houston wants an OL or a top end WR, Buffalo cant afford to give up either and your essentially trading for 1 year of Clowney I just don't see it.

I'm probably amongst the very small minority who doesn't want to see us trade for Clowney. I feel that Clowney really hasn't lived up to the hype...at least not yet.

Houston wants an OL or a top end WR, Buffalo cant afford to give up either and your essentially trading for 1 year of Clowney I just don't see it.

Agree. I wouldn't do it for only one year. We're not one player away from the Super Bowl.

Brian Gaine is back with Buffalo and he was the one pushing for a long term Clowney deal in Houston.

Houston’s best bet to get “top end” players is Miami. I don’t know that I’d get that move from Clowney potentially re-signing with them or Miami making a blockbuster trade in a tank year, but they’re mentioned along with us.

They could send Tunsil and Stills. Tunsil is a franchise tackle they apparently don’t want?.. and Stills is a deep threat who keeps fighting with their coach.

We’d probably have to throw in picks and players to compete with that package or hope Clowney refuses to sign tender for a Miami trade /re-sign with Miami at the end of the year. It sounds like he has reservations about the Dolphins, but money talks and they’ll for sure pay him whatever he wants... I’m assuming we would too.

I'm probably amongst the very small minority who doesn't want to see us trade for Clowney. I feel that Clowney really hasn't lived up to the hype...at least not yet.
Tackles For Loss the last three seasons:

1. A. Donald 59
2. C. Jones 56
3. J. Clowney 54

I'm absolutely down with trading for Clowney if the draft pick included is no higher than a 3rd. If it's a 2nd, I might be able to get on board. 1st is a non-starter for me.

I kinda feel like Philly can top any package we realistically offer though.

I'm absolutely down with trading for Clowney if the draft pick included is no higher than a 3rd. If it's a 2nd, I might be able to get on board. 1st is a non-starter for me.

I kinda feel like Philly can top any package we realistically offer though.
Zay and a 2nd or 3rd is probably where I’m at.

Having Gaine in the fold helps, but any agreement is still only a handshake agreement on a new contract.

Zay and a 2nd or 3rd is probably where I’m at.

Having Gaine in the fold helps, but any agreement is still only a handshake agreement on a new contract.

I'm not really nervous about the possibility of him leaving tbh. I think a year in the system plus Gaine's confidence in him + Buffalo's cap space would result in them getting a deal.

But yeah, totally fine with that kind of trade package. In fact I'd be pretty happy to see us finally get a return on the Zay pick.

I'm not really nervous about the possibility of him leaving tbh. I think a year in the system plus Gaine's confidence in him + Buffalo's cap space would result in them getting a deal.

But yeah, totally fine with that kind of trade package. In fact I'd be pretty happy to see us finally get a return on the Zay pick.
Agreed. We, and he, already know what the deal is in regards to his contract wishes with Gaine and players don’t ever seem to be clamoring to leave once they come up to Buffalo.

Guy just isn't an elite level difference maker to me. If we give up anything of value and then give him $20/year than the fans will turn on him by like week 6. Basically is just Mario Millions 2.0. #1 overall pick to the Texans, wears #90. Same story.

Guy just isn't an elite level difference maker to me. If we give up anything of value and then give him $20/year than the fans will turn on him by like week 6. Basically is just Mario Millions 2.0. #1 overall pick to the Texans, wears #90. Same story.

Mario was probably better tbh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom