Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

Next year is the year.
I know his post was in jest or at least hope it was but I'm definitely with you. I think based on everything that I'm seeing and how my friends are talking, that people are a good bit too optimistic this year. I still expect the offense to be very inconsistent and probably in the bottom 10 of the league. Allen just isn't going to be accurate or consistent enough in year 2 to sustain drives on a weekly basis. I expect him to be a good deal better than last year but that's basically starting from #31 or 32 in most metrics. We are all so happy to have an actual receiving core that we are ignoring that it is likely one of the 3 or 4 least talented in the NFL. The line so far in the preseason still looks like a mess and will likely take a few weeks to come together. At best it hopefully turns into a league average line. I think it would be an absolute great sign and accomplishment if the offense were to increase their yardage per game by 20% and even if they do that, that figure would still have them in the bottom half of the league based on last year.

Don't even need to really discuss the defense. They'll be the ones holding the fort down and giving the offense a chance to figure it out.

That’s an amazing get for a guy who, from all accounts, wasn’t making the 53.
Been really impressed with this aspect of Beane's performance as a GM. He will ultimately be measured on Allen- but his ability to get return on assets like Tyrod (3rd rounder), Teller (5th and 6th), etc is a huge upgrade from previous GMs. Glad to see we are constantly looking to acquire draft capital.

Was hoping Teller was going to be able to develop into a league average interior guy, apparently the front office thought he was a step below that.

Yeldon not dressed today, so it looks like either he's making the 53, or being kept healthy for a trade.

However, if we don't snag a semi-competent punter before Week 1...
He will

I just hope ppl keep Bojo away from any long belts or ropes on the sideline.

Dion during punt return.

Will be interesting to see the cuts coming up.. Crazy scouting ability when, do we dare expose our 6/7 rounders to the wire?

Jaquan Johnson
Darryl Johnson
Tommy Sweeney

Darryl Johnson reportedly made the 53. The other two, I can go either way on. Zero chance DJ would’ve made the PS.

I don’t think they’ve looked like “a mess” at all

You are heavily on the hype train right now. I still can't see more than 8 wins max unless the D has a season turnover wise like last years Bears.

You are heavily on the hype train right now. I still can't see more than 8 wins max unless the D has a season turnover wise like last years Bears.
Not a Josh Allen fan?

That’s the only way I could see someone making the statement you just made.

If he’s the reason you made it, I won’t argue with you, but if he’s not then I’m sorry... weird football analysis from someone looking at a team with the 4th easiest schedule in the NFL that almost won 8 games last year and made improvements in talent and depth across the board.

In regards to the OL, I’m worried about how quick they can gel, because they haven’t played together, but I’m not really worried about the talent.

Dawkins - Spain/Feliciano - Morse - Ford - Nsehke is pretty solid talent wise for an OL in the NFL.

Notice teams are giving us draft picks for dudes like Teller and Bodine. That should be a good indicator of OL’s across the league.

Not a Josh Allen fan?

That’s the only way I could see someone making the statement you just made.

If he’s the reason you made it, I won’t argue with you, but if he’s not then I’m sorry... weird football analysis from someone looking at a team with the 4th easiest schedule in the NFL that almost won 8 games last year and made improvements in talent and depth across the board.

In regards to the OL, I’m worried about how quick they can gel, because they haven’t played together, but I’m not really worried about the talent.

Dawkins - Spain/Feliciano - Morse - Ford - Nsehke is pretty solid talent wise for an OL in the NFL.

Notice teams are giving us draft picks for dudes like Teller and Bodine. That should be a good indicator of OL’s across the league.

Absolutely am a fan of his and have high hopes, they are just realistic. Guy isn't going to all of a sudden be a 65% comp guy. That's going to take multiple years if ever and the addition of legitimate skill position talent which we are severely lacking. My issue is that there are 0 above average starters on the entire offense. Morse is the only one that is even arguable and we'll see how well he does with very limited reps going into the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom