Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

Will be interesting to see who from the New England with regard to their WR's actually plays Sunday as Edelman and one other was dinged up yesterday, then again I am sure they have some obscure guy from Chatanooga St that will get 9 catches for 165 yards and 2 TD's regardless

Yeldon, as I think about it, did some nice things. He had over 50 yards but that fumble was brutal.

From what I’ve read, Murphy is rough in pass pro. Good runner, but limited in other aspects.

The defense got some pressure throughout the game but I completely agree that once Dalton got some rhythm, we were on our heels, and he had all day on those critical drives. When we play “bend don’t break”, but always seem to give up TD’s in the red zone, something needs to be adjusted schematically.

Besides Pettine who I thought did a real nice job here Buffalo has a history of DC's who just don't like to bring a lot of pressure from Wanstdat to whatever the Ryan years were. This team is built to blitz with one of the best safety tandems in the country and 2 very athletic linebackers plus Lorax. Why we don't do it more is mindboggling especially with Hughes struggling.

Besides Pettine who I thought did a real nice job here Buffalo has a history of DC's who just don't like to bring a lot of pressure from Wanstdat to whatever the Ryan years were. This team is built to blitz with one of the best safety tandems in the country and 2 very athletic linebackers plus Lorax. Why we don't do it more is mindboggling especially with Hughes struggling.

Big picture, I agree but next weekend isn't the week to start bringing pressure as I think Brady's QB rating elevates to ridiculous levels when blitzed on, if you can hit him yeah that's great but it's so rare that it actually happens. Not sure it matters anyway, but Bills will need to figure out how to score 21-24 points to have any shot Sunday.

Big picture, I agree but next weekend isn't the week to start bringing pressure as I think Brady's QB rating elevates to ridiculous levels when blitzed on, if you can hit him yeah that's great but it's so rare that it actually happens. Not sure it matters anyway, but Bills will need to figure out how to score 21-24 points to have any shot Sunday.

Ya to beat Brady there really is no true answer defensively. You have to get pressure with the front four mostly mixed in with the occasional disguised blitz. Buffalo's problem is that our bend don't break D is taylor made for Brady to just gash us with Edelman and the backs out of the backfield and march down the field. Not sure what the answer is against him to be honest.

I don't know what some of you guys think is realistic to expect from a defense in 2019. Read Barnwell's article today. It's ridiculous the hand they've been dealt.

Over and under on the number of Tom Brady dilldoes thrown on the field this Sunday?

I'll go with 4.

I don't know what some of you guys think is realistic to expect from a defense in 2019. Read Barnwell's article today. It's ridiculous the hand they've been dealt.

Link?

Ya to beat Brady there really is no true answer defensively. You have to get pressure with the front four mostly mixed in with the occasional disguised blitz. Buffalo's problem is that our bend don't break D is taylor made for Brady to just gash us with Edelman and the backs out of the backfield and march down the field. Not sure what the answer is against him to be honest.

Yeah no idea really what to do. Not an easy task. Can we add Aaron Donald for Sunday? One of the D Line got hurt yesterday as well, kid from Stanford I believe. I remember seeing that but never checked back to see what status was. Bills Sundays when going to game make for rough Mondays, very rough

Yeah no idea really what to do. Not an easy task.

You have to get pressure on Brady but it has to be from the front four for the most part. The Giants two super bowl wins over them were because they could do that but unfortunately most teams can't. Its a conundrum unless you have an elite D-line which most teams don't and the Pats can scheme against an elite DE like Watt. To beat Brady you have to really mix in a lot of defenses disguising coverages, using exotic blitzes on downs besides third an long and hope for a few breaks. You can't play zone because he will absolutely carve it up, that I am convinced of. Bills actually did a pretty decent job in the 1st game last year but were playing a journeyman off the street at QB so we couldn't take advantage. Frazier and McDermott will have their hands full, hope they bust out something new on Sunday.

I think some of this is due to what’s referenced in the posts following yours.. For the past decade+ every team in the AFCE has to build a defense with NE in mind. You can’t get blitz happy against Brady because he can telepathically redirect the center’s snap into a pass before it ever even touches his hands.

I would like to see more A gap blitzes. That’s the way to go against quick throw QBs, if you’re going to blitz. Just line up our linebackers over a DT and let them push the pocket back to get Brady off his spot or drop back into coverage. Edmunds and Milano are both fast enough to do that.

we're going to be hearing alot about the bills being 3-0 having played Giants, Jets, and Bengals..two on the road.

Now hold on,... Patriots have beaten Miami, Jets, and Pittsburgh, two of them at home.

Pats opponents records: 0-9... -190 point differential

Bills opponents records: 1-8...-97 point differential

So if the Bills 3-0 is meaningless, then the Pats isn't too impressive either.

Obviously we know New England is the better team and has a track record to prop up their current 3-0 status that the Bills don't. However, we really don't know yet HOW dominant this New England team will be. Their D hasn't given up a TD yet , however two of the teams they played don't score TD's, and the Bills played the Jets when they had Sammy Boy.

Major difference is that they are annihilating teams and we've had to have 2 late 4th quarter comebacks to get by. Also they faced Pitt with Ben which is much different than the ensuing 2 weeks.

Hopes go up significantly if Edelman is out with the rib injury. Their run game is a mess right now too. Michel is doing absolutely nothing. I'm sure White and Burkhead will still combine for 15/130/2 on flares and screens anyway. Either way, with them down 2 starting OL and possibly Edelman. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Major difference is that they are annihilating teams and we've had to have 2 late 4th quarter comebacks to get by. Also they faced Pitt with Ben which is much different than the ensuing 2 weeks.
Steelers looked so bad in that game. I’m sure the Pats had something to do with that, but my goodness that 1st round pick they gave up for Minka Fitzpatrick could be gold for Miami.

We faced the Jets with Darnold, Q and 3 quarters of Moseley?... but point definitely taken that the Pats are destroying people and we “would be” if not for a million mistakes per game and 3rd Quarter sleepwalking.

Steelers looked so bad in that game. I’m sure the Pats had something to do with that, but my goodness that 1st round pick they gave up for Minka Fitzpatrick could be gold for Miami.

We faced the Jets with Darnold, Q and 3 quarters of Moseley?... but point definitely taken that the Pats are destroying people and we “would be” if not for a million mistakes per game.

Minka sure did his part. Had a pick and a FF in the 1st half alone. I don't think they were inclined to take a QB regardless so I think it was a win-win for both. Possible scenario exists where Miami comes out of the top 5 with Tua and Jeudy. Though I believe the far more usual approach would be to get the QB and then build from the inside out. I really wonder if(when) they get the #1 pick if they end up doing that and pass out on Tua and point the ship towards Lawrence. Would be really, really ballsy with no guarantees.

Minka sure did his part. Had a pick and a FF in the 1st half alone. I don't think they were inclined to take a QB regardless so I think it was a win-win for both. Possible scenario exists where Miami comes out of the top 5 with Tua and Jeudy. Though I believe the far more usual approach would be to get the QB and then build from the inside out. I really wonder if(when) they get the #1 pick if they end up doing that and pass out on Tua and point the ship towards Lawrence. Would be really, really ballsy with no guarantees.

If your Miami and you do end up with the #1 pick you have to take Tua even if you love Lawrence. If you pass and then end up not getting the #1 pick next year you are absolutely screwed. If they have two top 5 picks it has to be Tua and then maybe the best tackle but I agree Jeudy would be very intriguing.

If your Miami and you do end up with the #1 pick you have to take Tua even if you love Lawrence. If you pass and then end up not getting the #1 pick next year you are absolutely screwed. If they have two top 5 picks it has to be Tua and then maybe the best tackle but I agree Jeudy would be very intriguing.

Just do what the Cardinals did

Definitely agree that is the most likely outcome. My personal opinion is that Lawrence is a level above Tua and for team building purposes it would be really beneficial to get the pieces in place and then bring in the guy then let him get destroyed in year one and possibly have a David Carr situation. Obviously the risk of waiting the year is that you end up going 3-13 with Rosen and a bunch of Rookies and someone else craps the bed and goes 2-14 and you're screwed.

Definitely agree that is the most likely outcome. My personal opinion is that Lawrence is a level above Tua and for team building purposes it would be really beneficial to get the pieces in place and then bring in the guy then let him get destroyed in year one and possibly have a David Carr situation. Obviously the risk of waiting the year is that you end up going 3-13 with Rosen and a bunch of Rookies and someone else craps the bed and goes 2-14 and you're screwed.

That would be my fear as well. Just can't run the risk.

Obviously it's early, but to me, the wild card race is pretty much whittled down to 4 teams and Buffalo is one of them.

Obviously it's early, but to me, the wild card race is pretty much whittled down to 4 teams and Buffalo is one of them.

The Ben injury and to a lesser extent the Luck retirement came at a perfect time for us. Lowered the ceiling for 2 teams that were in that 9-11 win range. Maybe Indy still gets there but we'll see.

The Ben injury and to a lesser extent the Luck retirement came at a perfect time for us. Lowered the ceiling for 2 teams that were in that 9-11 win range. Maybe Indy still gets there but we'll see.

Indy is still one of the 4 IMO (if they don't win their division outright, which I personally think is where it's headed). To me, it's Buffalo, LA Chargers, Houston/Indy (whichever doesn't win the division), and maybe Cleveland.

You have to get pressure on Brady but it has to be from the front four for the most part. The Giants two super bowl wins over them were because they could do that but unfortunately most teams can't. Its a conundrum unless you have an elite D-line which most teams don't and the Pats can scheme against an elite DE like Watt. To beat Brady you have to really mix in a lot of defenses disguising coverages, using exotic blitzes on downs besides third an long and hope for a few breaks. You can't play zone because he will absolutely carve it up, that I am convinced of. Bills actually did a pretty decent job in the 1st game last year but were playing a journeyman off the street at QB so we couldn't take advantage. Frazier and McDermott will have their hands full, hope they bust out something new on Sunday.

Yeah looking forward to it, as my days of going to Syracuse/ Bills games on same weekend are pretty much over
Indy is still one of the 4 IMO (if they don't win their division outright, which I personally think is where it's headed). To me, it's Buffalo, LA Chargers, Houston/Indy (whichever doesn't win the division), and maybe Cleveland.

Sounds about right, no way Buffalo gets a home playoff game without winning the division? is that correct. Obviously, I don't see them ever winning the division until Brady and probably Belichick are gone.

Sounds about right, no way Buffalo gets a home playoff game without winning the division? is that correct. Obviously, I don't see them ever winning the division until Brady and probably Belichick are gone.

Yeah the top 2 get byes and the other 2 division winners host the 2 WCs.

Yeah looking forward to it, as my days of going to Syracuse/ Bills games on same weekend are pretty much over

Correct, but:
1. Beggars can't be choosers. I'll gladly go on the road if it means we're actually in the playoffs!
2. Might be a good excuse to travel a bit :) I went to the one in Jacksonville a couple years ago; seriously awesome experience even if both offenses were hard to watch that game, and it's probably the only time in my life I'll ever see Jacksonville, so that's always cool for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom