Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 165 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

Ford gets fined $28K for a ridiculously bad call while Clowney skates for an obvious cheap shot that could have been called a late hit or helmet to helmet - take your pick.

Colts did it for Luck.
I am not saying they will intentionally try to lose but the roster will suck and they won’t spend the cap dollars to be as good as they can.

The Colts had a bottom 5 D and the Pats have a top 5. They won't possibly go 3-13 under any circumstance.

The winning defenses today held their opponents to 10 and 12 points, respectively.

I feel sick watching this game later.

We wouldve been one game from playing for the AFC Championship at home.

I appreciate how much this seems it will fuel the team next year, but we beat that Texans team 9 out of 10 times.

Also, after watching the defenses and playmakers in the playoffs, it’s VERY evident that we need better impact players.

The defenses alive make game changing plays. I suppose I should be thankful that our defense is sustainable, but we lack the big play ability. Perhaps an upgrade at EDGE fixes that.

On offense, our WRs were a joke. Plain and simple. We hyped them because of the absolute dumpster fire we had last year, but every single team in the playoffs have guys who make plays for their QBs. Ours just let Allen down allll over the field that day, and (partly due to size) couldn’t win their one on one matchups clean enough to beat the Pats/Ravens defenses.

I feel sick watching this game later.

We wouldve been one game from playing for the AFC Championship at home.

I appreciate how much this seems it will fuel the team next year, but we beat that Texans team 9 out of 10 times.

Also, after watching the defenses and playmakers in the playoffs, it’s VERY evident that we need better impact players.

The defenses alive make game changing plays. I suppose I should be thankful that our defense is sustainable, but we lack the big play ability. Perhaps an upgrade at EDGE fixes that.

On offense, our WRs were a joke. Plain and simple. We hyped them because of the absolute dumpster fire we had last year, but every single team in the playoffs have guys who make plays for their QBs. Ours just let Allen down allll over the field that day, and (partly due to size) couldn’t win their one on one matchups clean enough to beat the Pats/Ravens defenses.

If it wasn't clear enough earlier, it should be 100% crystal clear now that we're in need of more playmakers/difference makers on defense and at WR/RB.

6EBA4E38-F68A-49FB-9125-5A9469E237E4.png

He gone.

I saw one mock draft that had us going AJ Epenesa from Iowa at DL. Not sure DL would be my first choice as far as need but if he is available, I'd grab him in a heartbeat. But if Tee Higgins is available, I'd take him first to get a WR

Star's money will be available after the coming season.
We have Ed Oliver and Harrison Phillips. Those are the future starting DT’s. Just sign solid rotation guys and, in terms of defense, spend that money on the EDGE (i’d bring back Lawson and go hard after Ngakoue, Armstead or Clowney). Then keep in mind Edmunds, White and Hyde down the line.

I saw one mock draft that had us going AJ Epenesa from Iowa at DL. Not sure DL would be my first choice as far as need but if he is available, I'd grab him in a heartbeat. But if Tee Higgins is available, I'd take him first to get a WR

Would love to have Epenesa. I'm still not entirely sold on Higgins but if he's the pick, it would make a lot of sense. At the moment (subject to change with draft season just beginning/players still likely to return to school), I'm hoping for K'lavon Chaisson or Epenesa in the first round and then a WR in the 2nd.

That's awesome. I don't want to replace that with another bad contract.
If I’m Beane, I put a number out there and tell him we want him back, but at that number. If he finds more elsewhere, good luck and you’ll always be a Bill.

He’s still young and could develop into a more well rounded DT, but I’m not paying big money to a guy who killed it as a pass rusher, but had to be subbed out due to run issues.

Would love to have Epenesa. I'm still not entirely sold on Higgins but if he's the pick, it would make a lot of sense. At the moment (subject to change with draft season just beginning/players still likely to return to school), I'm hoping for K'lavon Chaisson or Epenesa in the first round and then a WR in the 2nd.
The only reason I don’t see DE is because the FA talent is at that position.

Clowney, Armstead, Ngakoue, Dupree etc..

Hopefully we snag one of them, and the strong class of EDGE FA’s drives down Shaq’s price a bit.

Regardless of what we do, we have to reconfigure the DL. Way too much money tied into a solid, not spectacular group.

The only reason I don’t see DE is because the FA talent is at that position.

Clowney, Armstead, Ngakoue, Dupree etc..

Hopefully we snag one of them, and the strong class of EDGE FA’s drives down Shaq’s price a bit.

Regardless of what we do, we have to reconfigure the DL. Way too much money tied into a solid, not spectacular group.

There's some nice options for sure; we have to actually land one though. Don't really see Armstead as a fit with us and I don't think Dupree would be an upgrade personally. To me, it's Clowney, Ngakuoue, and Adrian Clayborn (and Shaq if Tampa lets him hit the open market). If we strike out on those guys, we gotta turn to the draft IMO, and I honestly wouldn't be mad if we drafted an edge even if we do get one of those guys.

I'm not really in love with any of the WRs likely to be available at #22, but a lot of things can change between now and draft day.

Not that there was much doubt but Epenesa made it official today and declared for the doubt. Iowa is my 2nd favorite team behind Syracuse. I wanted to be careful not to be too much of a homer with my earlier post, but I'd be thrilled if the Bills were able to get him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom