Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 163 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

I really want to know more about these substitute refs.

Are they on the field for every game?
Are they always on the home sideline?
When is the last time they ran onto the field to provide their input on a call?
Are they ALWAYS supposed to provide their input on a call? If not, under what circumstances are they to do so?
Like every other play that was initially ruled a score on the field, why wasn't replay utilized?
Moving forward, will "common sense" always trump the written rules?

At the time I didn’t really care because it was obviously going to be a touchback but according to the rules which is apparently what every call is a result of, that was actually a fumble and buffalo touchdown.

Does common sense overturn the time desean Jackson dropped the ball before reaching the goalline? Does common sense overturn the time chris Webber called a timeout with none left?

They are called mental errors.
Yea, I can’t even let myself think about that anymore. It makes me irrationally angry how all those replacement officials ran onto the field like it was the end of the world.

Dude messed up. Rules are rules.

Our guys knew the rules. We knew what just happened.

Nevermind the fact the Texans somehow played the cleanest game of all time and then they missed a delay of game AND took away our chance at a 54 yard FG by another call that was deemed wrong by former officials.

Good stuff as usual from the NFL.

Compared to the WRs that are likely available at #22, I would have rather just had DK, but there should still be good choices. Just none that are the physical specimen that DK was (which is fine).

I haven't had a chance to watch all of them yet (and obviously depends on who actually declares), but I like Jalen Reagor and DeVonta Smith a lot so far. Sounds like DeVonta is leaning towards staying at Alabama though and Reagor might end up staying too.

I've had a hard time trying to determine what to think about the Bama guys. It's ridiculous having 4 guys like that on 1 team. Ruggs has stupid speed, Waddle has absurd shake, Smith I always just see dusting guys on go routes and Jeudy seems like he does a little of everything and is always open.

Are they ALWAYS supposed to provide their input on a call? If not, under what circumstances are they to do so?
Like every other play that was initially ruled a score on the field, why wasn't replay utilized?
Have they Ever impacted a game before?

I can't remember a single time in my life seeing a guy in like a weird batting practice type ref jacket running onto the field and meeting with the crew on a call. Was completely bonkers.

I can't remember a single time in my life seeing a guy in like a weird batting practice type ref jacket running onto the field and meeting with the crew on a call. Was completely bonkers.
What the hell even was that? Absurd.

I’m getting myself worked up again about this.

YES buffalo blew it but these calls 1000% impacted the game. How could they not?!

Where were these extra special grandmaster officials a year ago when the worst non-call in the history of football occurred at the end of last year's NFC championship game? Didn't see anyone running onto the field for that.

I’m really hoping we double dip on WRs this year.

Whether it’s FA and a RD1/2 WR or two early draft pick WRs.

We don’t have a ton of holes. We have good depth. Make sure Year 3 Josh Allen has everything he needs. This is the year to splurge on WRs. There will be stud WRs available anywhere in the first 2 rounds.

Nice seasons for Brown and Beasley, but I’d rather they be used as they should be... a speed guy and a slot guy.

Honestly, I thought that it was the Houston ST coach arguing the call.

We don’t have a ton of holes. We have good depth. Make sure Year 3 Josh Allen has everything he needs. This is the year to splurge on WRs. There will be stud WRs available anywhere in the first 2 rounds.

Nice seasons for Brown and Beasley, but I’d rather they be used as they should be... a speed guy and a slot guy.
and I think Duke has shown he belongs on the roster. He's got size and speed - why don't they coach him up to be on special teams?

Honestly, I thought that it was the Houston ST coach arguing the call.

No it was definitely one, if not two, substitute refs involved in the discussion. Wearing black jackets and weird striped hats.

Have they Ever impacted a game before?

As absurd as Bills fans sound to even me sometimes with small market woe is me stuff, they sure are given a curious amount of ammo at times.
Would this not lead every espn talk show for 6 months if it happened to the Cowboys or Giants? Honestly. We were already on the business end of still the only PI on Hail Mary in NFL history @NE in '98 and now this and it seems like it's not being talked about at all nationally.

No it was definitely one, if not two, substitute refs involved in the discussion. Wearing black jackets and weird striped hats.

I meant initially I thought that it was the Houston ST coach on the field arguing the call

As absurd as Bills fans sound to even me sometimes with small market woe is me stuff, they sure are given a curious amount of ammo at times.
Would this not lead every espn talk show for 6 months if it happened to the Cowboys or Giants? Honestly. We were already on the business end of still the only PI on Hail Mary in NFL history @NE in '98 and now this and it seems like it's not being talked about at all nationally.
It probably won’t make the ESPN talk shows, but I was happy to see NFL Live absolutely tear into the officiating over it. They pulled no punches.

It probably won’t make the ESPN talk shows, but I was happy to see NFL Live absolutely tear into the officiating over it. They pulled no punches.
What did they say? I’ve avoided all discussions about that game as much as I can

I would really love a big/speed combo like Tee Higgins and Emmanuel Sanders or if we go small with someone like Ruggs in the draft then a big like Funchess. Sanders is probably looking for a contender and might just stay in SF as he has fit in quite well right away. Foster had seemed like he might be a guy but apparently he just kind of stood out because the position was so horrific that teams didn't have to use safeties on anyone so once a game he was able to get open deep.

What did they say? I’ve avoided all discussions about that game as much as I can
Basically said it was an awful look for the NFL. Questioned their competency that this stuff seems to happen all the time. Asked where it ends?... Do we assume intent on a QB taking a knee? On a WR dropping the ball before he crosses the end zone?

Four people on the set and every single one of them were disgusted at the refs.

Basically said it was an awful look for the NFL. Questioned their competency that this stuff seems to happen all the time. Asked where it ends?... Do we assume intent on a QB taking a knee? On a WR dropping the ball before he crosses the end zone?

GOOD. No idea how it makes me feel because NOTHING changes but glad they see it the same way.. god I’m so pissed again lmao

GOOD. No idea how it makes me feel because NOTHING changes but glad they see it the same way.. god I’m so pissed again lmao
I’m still not over the loss.

If we just didn’t have enough, that would be one thing. I’d just accept we need this offseason to get there... but we did have enough. We probably win that game 9 times out of 10.

Last edited:

Not going to happen. I think Duke has emerged as a viable option to start with Beasley in the slot and Smoke as the speed guy. I wouldn't mind seeing a tall WR for the red zone threat but I'm not spending my round 1 or 2 pick on a wr when we have other needs like Dline and oline depth. Foster and Mckenzie should be gone.

I've never heard of a player "giving himself up" without actually being on the ground/going down to the ground. That's what the ref said in the explanation, right?

I’m still not over the loss.

If we just didn’t have enough, that would be one thing. I’d ust accept we need this offseason to get there... but we did have enough. We probably win that game 9 times out of 10.
It’s so true. This loss is definition of heartbreak. I hope Kansas City wins by 100.

I've never heard of a player "giving himself up" without actually being on the ground/going down to the ground. That's what the ref said in the explanation, right?

Yeah, that's how you give yourself up according to the rulebook. Should have been ruled an illegal forward pass and a safety for the Bills.

Not going to happen. I think Duke has emerged as a viable option to start with Beasley in the slot and Smoke as the speed guy. I wouldn't mind seeing a tall WR for the red zone threat but I'm not spending my round 1 or 2 pick on a wr when we have other needs like Dline and oline depth. Foster and Mckenzie should be gone.
I can accept that. Duke certainly warrants a chance. He could be a menace out of the slot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom