Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

The bill is about to come due on all of the defense picks. Not sure if that makes me want to select more cheap replacements or try to even out the use of resources since the lack of offense is what is holding the team back from being a real contender. It's going to be brutal to try and pay White, Milano, Hyde in the next 12 months while also trying to figure out how to add a high level edge rusher. Getting rid of Hughes and Butler with Murphy coming off the books would open up about $20m which would cover White and 1 of Milano/Dawkins but leaves DE in a real weak spot unless we add one early today. So many different permutations of how to move forward that it drives me nuts looking at all of the options. It's a good problem compared to where we have been for most of my life.

The guys on the Athletic have been hammering Dugger for months. Wonder if that ends up being the guy they love and want to fill the Shaq Thompson role of hybrid LB/S. It wouldn't be the most exciting pick but could end up having a huge impact.

Yeah the fact that they’ve been all in on him from the beginning makes me think they know Beane loves him. Seems like that should be the expected pick until proven otherwise.

I’d be happy with one of the safeties, corners, wide receivers, or running backs

The bill is about to come due on all of the defense picks. Not sure if that makes me want to select more cheap replacements or try to even out the use of resources since the lack of offense is what is holding the team back from being a real contender. It's going to be brutal to try and pay White, Milano, Hyde in the next 12 months while also trying to figure out how to add a high level edge rusher. Getting rid of Hughes and Butler with Murphy coming off the books would open up about $20m which would cover White and 1 of Milano/Dawkins but leaves DE in a real weak spot unless we add one early today. So many different permutations of how to move forward that it drives me nuts looking at all of the options. It's a good problem compared to where we have been for most of my life.
EDGE is definitely going to need investments, and cheap investments at that if we want to be re-signing everyone along with, hopefully, paying Josh.

I just think we could see heavy investments via the draft... starting next year at DL.

This year, we’re ok, Hughes and Addison still have a couple high level years left in them, and will come off the books around the time Josh and Edmunds are due. Murphy and Star come off the books next year, most likely. Jefferson can play inside and outside. I’m sure they’ll want to evaluate Darryl Johnson as well. On the inside, Butler is here on a short term deal and Harry comes back off injury, along with Oliver, and again Jefferson as a chess piece can play inside. That’s a good DL... for this year.

If not addressed this year, I see us going heavy DL next year. I’d see us going EDGE and DT in the first 3 rounds of 2021. Perhaps EDGE x 2 in the first 3 rounds if Ford holds down RT.

Heard Sal talking about how he thinks we go Curtis Weaver.

Just watched his film.

That guy screams off the edge. Violent hands and explosive.

Heard Sal talking about how he thinks we go Curtis Weaver.

Just watched his film.

That guy screams off the edge. Violent hands and explosive.

Interesting pick, for me it would depend on who else is on the board.

I think Bills have learned to stay away from Clemson players on offensive side of the ball

I think Bills have learned to stay away from Clemson players on offensive side of the ball
Who else have we taken aside from Spiller and a flyer on Ray-Ray? Drafting Clemson players on offense seems to work well for everybody else.

Staying away from a school with top 3 talent because of things in the past is probably something fans make up and people that get paid to do the job would never consider.

Big names coming off early in the 2nd. Higgins, Swift, Williams etc

Taylor was unreal at Wisconsin. Wouldn’t care about the fumbling, his issue is the volume he’s already accrued imo. So many carries.

Taylor was unreal at Wisconsin. Wouldn’t care about the fumbling, his issue is the volume he’s already accrued imo. So many carries.

Yup, just like the dude Syracuse who went to Michigan. Good to great RB but by the time he got to the NFL he was worn down physically

13 of the guys on my list with 10 picks left. Would really love Epenesa, Mims, Dobbins, Delpit, Fulton, Diggs in that order.

13 of the guys on my list with 10 picks left. Would really love Epenesa, Mims, Dobbins, Delpit, Fulton, Diggs in that order.

Kinda shocked Dobbins is still there

The 2 OTs still there too