Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

I agree, but I'm not super confident any options I like will be available at 54. I suspect Pittman and Mims will both be gone. I'd guess Claypool is the best available that fits that description but I don't see him as a 2nd round prospect personally. It's a really deep WR class, but I don't really love any of the big guys once you get past Pittman and Mims (unless you count Bryan Edwards as a big bodied guy...he's almost 6'3").

The ones that are at least kinda interesting to me would be (in alphabetical order):
  • Gabriel Davis (thinking maybe 4th or 5th round)
  • Antonio Gandy-Golden (same as Davis)
  • Tee Higgins (would be happy to have him at 54 but don't really expect him to slide that far)
  • Jauan Jennings (5th or later)
  • Collin Johnson (6th or later, though I suspect he goes earlier than that)
  • Isaiah Hodgins (same as Collin Johnson)
Claypool is intriguing. 6'4" 238. Ran a 4.42 at the combine. Hell yeah. Could possibly play TE on passing downs. Imagine a LB trying to defend against those measurables.

Claypool is intriguing. 6'4" 238. Ran a 4.42 at the combine. Hell yeah. Could possibly play TE on passing downs. Imagine a LB trying to defend against those measurables.
Unfortunately he doesn’t play that fast. Still a big target though

Really wish the Phins hadn't picked Tua...if he can stay healthy the guy can make every throw. Big if. AFC East is going to have some young guns this year with Allen, Darnold, and Tua...

Really wish the Phins hadn't picked Tua...if he can stay healthy the guy can make every throw. Big if. AFC East is going to have some young guns this year with Allen, Darnold, and Tua...

He hasn't been healthy at any level, hard to see this ending well for Miami.

Singletary is very, very good but I wish we had a speed back. I also understand wanting a power back.

Singletary is kind of a mix of the two who isn’t fast enough to be a speed back and isn’t big enough to be a power back.

He has enough of the two aspects, along with his vision to have a ceiling of the tier below “elite”.
Singletary is shifty. Even too much. quickness matters at back though. Guys with the speed of Charles and Chris Johnson clearly outliers.

Beane looks like a genius for the Diggs trade now.

For sure, every top end WR would have been gone. Also all the top rbs are falling and should be one or two available when we pick tomorrow

Beane looks like a genius for the Diggs trade now.
For sure, every top end WR would have been gone. Also all the top rbs are falling and should be one or two available when we pick tomorrow
Depends on what Jefferson ends up doing. He has a chance to be pretty darn good in Minny.

He's played almost exclusively out of the slot though, no? Not sure Buffalo was looking for another slot guy.
Definitely has but him succeeding or failing with that direct pick will be all that is looked back on. I'm still all for the trade though I also started getting a little grumpy as Jeudy and Lamb started falling within what would have been possible trade up range.

Definitely has but him succeeding or failing with that direct pick will be all that is looked back on. I'm still all for the trade though I also started getting a little grumpy as Jeudy and Lamb started falling within what would have been possible trade up range.

Ya i was surprised Jeudy and Lamb got as far down as they did. Wonder how much it would have cost to trade up assuming we could get people to move off the picks to snag one of those two.

Ya i was surprised Jeudy and Lamb got as far down as they did. Wonder how much it would have cost to trade up assuming we could get people to move off the picks to snag one of those two.
That's the issue. Broncos weren't moving off 15, so would have had to get to 14 to the 49ers for Jeudy and that may have not been possible. Falcons seemed pretty set on adding defense. Cowboys then may have refused any offer once Lamb was avail. Would have taken at least a 3 this year I imagine.

Depends on what Jefferson ends up doing. He has a chance to be pretty darn good in Minny.
I’d be sick if we were sitting here today with Brown still as our #1 with two slot WRs in Beasley and Jefferson.

He could be really good, just not exactly what we need.

Also, I think it was Trapasso, not a fan of Jefferson.. said in watching film, Jefferson was schemed open a lot.

He also wasn’t even the best WR on that team.

Draft Day Question for y’all:

How many selections do we make tonight?

Who is a player, in either round, that you think will be a Buffalo Bill by nights end?

For me, I’ll say Zack Moss with one of our two picks in the 3rd.

*Im hoping we make a move to snag a big WR, but I’d be surprised if they did. If they don’t, I’m really hoping for Gandy-Golden at some point.

Last edited:
Draft Day Question for y’all:

How many selections do we make tonight?

Who is a player, in either round, that you think will be a Buffalo Bill by nights end?

For me, I’ll say Zack Moss with one of our two picks in the 3rd.

*Im hoping we make a move to snag a big WR, but I’d be surprised if they did. If they don’t, I’m really hoping for Gandy-Golden at some point.

Good questions. For me id really like to see us grab a rb in the 2nd or 3rd round. Good chance one of the top guys falls to us in the 2nd hope we pull the trigger. Not sure id trade up in the 2nd for a player but I guess thats a possibility. Gandy really seems like a guy Buffalo is interested in, not sure what round he's looking at, 4th? Tough to say on anyone else. Diggs brother if he's there might be to much for Beane to pass on. Also would like to see us grab one of our Syracuse DEs on day 3.

I’d be sick if we were sitting here today with Brown still as our #1 with two slot WRs in Beasley and Jefferson.

He could be really good, just not exactly what we need.

Also, I think it was Trapasso, not a fan of Jefferson.. said in watching film, Jefferson was schemed open a lot.

He also wasn’t even the best WR on that team.
Ruggs was probably the 3rd best WR on his college team and was the 1st taken in the draft. A lot of people far more knowledgeable then me love Jefferson so I guess we'll see. I'm still butthurt about them having to include the 4th next year. It really isn't even a meaningful piece but it bothered me for whatever reason.

Just looking at the Rd 2 mock drafts, I'm pretty excited about who is going to be available at 54. Have 21 picks ahead of us and are guaranteed one of these guys...

RB - Swift, Dobbins, Taylor
WR - Higgins, Mims, Pittman, Shenault
DE - Gross-Matos, Epenesa, Uche
CB - Johnson, Fulton, Diggs
S - McKinney, Delpit, Winfield, Chinn
DT - Blacklock
OT - Jones, Cleveland
OLB - Baun
TE - Kmet

Coming into the week, I think I would have been pretty happy with any of those guys. I'm not sure about schematic fit for a few but we're guaranteed a guy that some people thought had 1st rd potential.

I keep going back and forth but I think I want to go WR and RB tonight.

I don’t think there’s any OL help by the time we draft that will beat out the Top 8 - Dawkins, Ford, Nsehke, Williams, Spain, Feliciano, Morse and Long. That’s a solid OL with continuity.

Let’s solidify this WR group and have a strong 1-2 punch at RB.

The defense should be Top 5 without any additions... We. Need. To. Score.

What I think we’ll do?... Dugger at 54 and Moss in the 3rd. Dugger could be a freak in this defense but drafting the #3 Safety in this defense (even though that’s essentially a starter position) just seems overkill.

I don’t think there’s any OL help by the time we draft that will beat out the Top 8 - Dawkins, Ford, Nsehke, Williams, Spain, Feliciano, Morse and Long. That’s a solid OL with continuity.

The guys on the Athletic have been hammering Dugger for months. Wonder if that ends up being the guy they love and want to fill the Shaq Thompson role of hybrid LB/S. It wouldn't be the most exciting pick but could end up having a huge impact.

The guys on the Athletic have been hammering Dugger for months. Wonder if that ends up being the guy they love and want to fill the Shaq Thompson role of hybrid LB/S. It wouldn't be the most exciting pick but could end up having a huge impact.
Ha, see my addendum after you quoted me.

I do think Dugger is the pick, and I do think he could be a freak in this defense. I won’t hate it, but if someone like Higgins or Shenault is there... ehhhh

I do think Dugger is the pick, and I do think he could be a freak in this defense. I won’t hate it, but if someone like Higgins or Shenault is there... ehhhh

Thats my concern as well. Wouldn't hate the pick ar all but when its 50/50 it seems Buffalo almost always goes defense. Would love to grab an offensive player here if Higgins is still available how can we pass

Early buzz on Shenault but at combine he was shorter and slower than I thought.

Early buzz on Shenault but at combine he was shorter and slower than I thought.
I heard that as well but the dude plays like a better deep ball tracking / contested catch making Deebo Samuel.

There’s health concerns, but he seems like the freak type we would be tempted to pull the trigger on.

What I think we’ll do?... Dugger at 54 and Moss in the 3rd. Dugger could be a freak in this defense but drafting the #3 Safety in this defense (even though that’s essentially a starter position) just seems overkill.
Agree, don't throw the BPA approach out the window but if they can- go offense. The defense didn't lose them games last year- it was an offense that barely averaged 17 points a game (no I didn't look this up so don't @ me :) .

Agree, don't throw the BPA approach out the window but if they can- go offense. The defense didn't lose them games last year- it was an offense that barely averaged 17 points a game (no I didn't look this up so don't @ me :) .
Yup. Joe B has a write up about Dugger in our defense, where he’d essentially play Linebacker with Edmunds and Milano in base defense... and well, yea, that sounds filthy, but we need to score points, especially with KC as the AFC gatekeepers.

Diggs - Brown - Beasley - Knox, with Singletary and whoever we likely draft tonight is a lot of touches, but that doesn’t stop KC from bringing in a CEH.