Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

I don’t think anyone knows which way we’re going.

At 54, EDGE, WR, RB, OT and CB/S could all be in play.

If a guy like Trevon Diggs falls, he’s a perfect scheme fit opposite Tre’.

Terrell Lewis, is he’s still around, could be EDGE guy.

There will likely be stud RBs available at 54. Also some legit talent at WR.

A Safety like Dugger or Chinn is a possibility.

I don’t know much about OL at 54.

I think its all gonna depend on whose available and who the team is high on. Will be interesting to see if several of the high name RB's fall if Beane can resist pulling the trigger.

I’ve seen enough shanked Bojo punts giving teams 20-30 yards to be entirely ok with drafting a stud punter. In fact, I actually want us to. That’s how traumatized I am from this past season.
Punter has to be one of the late round picks, HAS to be.
Braden Mann - Texas A&M

I’ve seen enough shanked Bojo punts giving teams 20-30 yards to be entirely ok with drafting a stud punter. In fact, I actually want us to. That’s how traumatized I am from this past season.

I just feel like there's no difference between who you can draft and who you can sign. The only thing I hate more than drafting kickers/punters is drafting returners or long snappers.

I don't follow drafts too closely but I assume we are targetting an edge rusher early?

The issue is that after Chase Young, it's a pretty weak edge class. Teams will justify taking guys in the 2nd round anyways, but none of them are particularly exciting. I would be shocked if edge is BPA, but agree that it's probably something Beane would like to address if possible.

I think DB is probably the most likely scenario though; best match of BPA meeting need.

I don’t think anyone knows which way we’re going.

At 54, EDGE, WR, RB, OT and CB/S could all be in play.

If a guy like Trevon Diggs falls, he’s a perfect scheme fit opposite Tre’.

Terrell Lewis, is he’s still around, could be EDGE guy.

There will likely be stud RBs available at 54. Also some legit talent at WR.

A Safety like Dugger or Chinn is a possibility.

I don’t know much about OL at 54.

I can't find the tweet, but I think I remember reading a couple days ago that someone was hearing at least 15 NFL teams have removed Lewis from their draft board entirely due to medical issues.

I can't find the tweet, but I think I remember reading a couple days ago that someone was hearing at least 15 NFL teams have removed Lewis from their draft board entirely due to medical issues.
Didn’t see that. Certainly wouldn’t take him with a premium pick then. I don’t see too many legit EDGE options worthy of pick 54. I’d agree that a Secondary piece makes the most sense for value and need. I could also get behind a big catch radius WR.

Didn’t see that. Certainly wouldn’t take him with a premium pick then. I don’t see too many legit EDGE options worthy of pick 54. I’d agree that a Secondary piece makes the most sense for value and need. I could also get behind a big catch radius WR.

I agree, but I'm not super confident any options I like will be available at 54. I suspect Pittman and Mims will both be gone. I'd guess Claypool is the best available that fits that description but I don't see him as a 2nd round prospect personally. It's a really deep WR class, but I don't really love any of the big guys once you get past Pittman and Mims (unless you count Bryan Edwards as a big bodied guy...he's almost 6'3").

The ones that are at least kinda interesting to me would be (in alphabetical order):
  • Gabriel Davis (thinking maybe 4th or 5th round)
  • Antonio Gandy-Golden (same as Davis)
  • Tee Higgins (would be happy to have him at 54 but don't really expect him to slide that far)
  • Jauan Jennings (5th or later)
  • Collin Johnson (6th or later, though I suspect he goes earlier than that)
  • Isaiah Hodgins (same as Collin Johnson)

Any chance we look at J Taylor from Wisconsin?

I would guess we're probably interested in him but I don't really expect us to go RB at 54 and he might not be there anyways.

As far as RBs go, I’ve read we’ve talked to Zack Moss and Darrynton Evans the most.

RBs that we both scouted in person as well as contacted during the offseason (in order of projected draft order):
  • D'Andre Swift
  • Clyde Edwards-Helaire
  • JK Dobbins
  • Zack Moss
We contacted Cam Akers, Eno Benjamin, and Darrynton Evans but at least as far as we know publicly, never scouted them in person.

List of guys I'm cool with at 54 acknowledging that most or all will be gone at that point...

Any of the consensus top 4 RBs (Taylor, Swift, Dobbins, CEH)
WR - Pittman or Mims
CB - Gladney, Johnson, Diggs or Igbinoghene
Edge - Davidson, Gross-Matos
S - Delpit
DT - Madubuike

Most of those guys are projected higher but at least 2 or 3 will be available at 54, especially with what is likely to be huge variations in value between actual teams and dudes doing it for clicks.

Buffalorumbings has a draft rumors thread going and in typical Bills fashion theres a concern Buffalo announced White's 5th year option this week because they might trade him for a high 1st round pick. Where do people come up with this stuff.

Buffalorumbings has a draft rumors thread going and in typical Bills fashion theres a concern Buffalo announced White's 5th year option this week because they might trade him for a high 1st round pick. Where do people come up with this stuff.
Sounds like wgr caller type stuff. I don't know how these people exist.

List of guys I'm cool with at 54 acknowledging that most or all will be gone at that point...

Any of the consensus top 4 RBs (Taylor, Swift, Dobbins, CEH)
WR - Pittman or Mims
CB - Gladney, Johnson, Diggs or Igbinoghene
Edge - Davidson, Gross-Matos
S - Delpit
DT - Madubuike

Most of those guys are projected higher but at least 2 or 3 will be available at 54, especially with what is likely to be huge variations in value between actual teams and dudes doing it for clicks.

Buffalo when going BPA early has shown a preference to go Defense (at least thats how I remember it) so you have to think if a CB they like is there or Edge they may pull the trigger. Personally if one of the top RB's fall Id love to grab one of them and pair them with what we already have and set up an dynamic running game to go with Diggs and company.

Sounds like wgr caller type stuff. I don't know how these people exist.

Agreed. Even if Buffalo was somehow contemplating this, there would be an absolute riot from 98% of the fanbase. We would have to get an enormous haul and even then I wouldn't want to do it. Also I think LIC would need to be hospitalized.

Agreed. Even if Buffalo was somehow contemplating this, there would be an absolute riot from 98% of the fanbase. We would have to get an enormous haul and even then I wouldn't want to do it. Also I think LIC would need to be hospitalized.
Its like the crap about Marek not coming back from Europe that people talked about every Summer. One moron said it and then others just kept repeating it as if it was a likely thing.

They say nobody is unavailable for the right price, but aside from franchise QB, elite EDGE, elite LT and elite CB are up there. White may be THE best Corner in the next few years. I give zero credence to that rumor thread and the mere hypothetical thought of it has made me furious.

I’m going to need the Jets to do something stupid tonight to get this nonsensical wont-happen out of my system.

They say nobody is unavailable for the right price, but aside from franchise QB, elite EDGE, elite LT and elite CB are up there. White may be THE best Corner in the next few years. I give zero credence to that rumor thread and the mere hypothetical thought of it has made me furious.

I’m going to need the Jets to do something stupid tonight to get this nonsensical wont-happen out of my system.

Agreed about the Jets they are usually good for doing something dumb but so far Douglas has had a low profile off season. My money is on the Giants doing something stupid (hopefully). Only thing that sucks about the Diggs trade is no 1st round pick, really wish we could have gotten that deal for a 2 but I get that Minnesota probably wasn't budging off a 1. Still I hate not having a 1st round pick.

Agreed about the Jets they are usually good for doing something dumb but so far Douglas has had a low profile off season. My money is on the Giants doing something stupid (hopefully). Only thing that sucks about the Diggs trade is no 1st round pick, really wish we could have gotten that deal for a 2 but I get that Minnesota probably wasn't budging off a 1. Still I hate not having a 1st round pick.

I don't think it's really possible for even Gettleman to screw this one up. Unless he really throws a wrench in everything and takes Herbert or something, I don't see a semi-realistic option that would be bad. Seems like pretty much a lock to take an elite talent at #4 or trade down and get good value and either outcome is a good one IMO.

Jacksonville, Cleveland, and Atlanta are the three that I'm watching to screw everything up (along with the usual Seattle).

I know Singletary was considered a head scratching pick in round 3 last year but after seeing him this past season, we might have struck gold. Kid is dynamic and a future pro bowler imo. Even with limited touches, which will always be the goal I think. Obviously the sample size is small but I see a CJ spiller type floor in terms of dynamic playmaking and jamaal Charles type ceiling, in terms of efficiency.

If we could pair another running back from this draft, perhaps more of a bruiser, I’m all for it. Taylor is a stud, but he got so many touches in college you wonder what is left.

Jets seem to be heating up on the rumor mill. Rapaport tweeting they have inquired about moving up, while others have reported interest in a trade down with Philly in swapping firsts and getting a player and a mid-round pick back.

I don't think it's really possible for even Gettleman to screw this one up. Unless he really throws a wrench in everything and takes Herbert or something, I don't see a semi-realistic option that would be bad. Seems like pretty much a lock to take an elite talent at #4 or trade down and get good value and either outcome is a good one IMO.

Jacksonville, Cleveland, and Atlanta are the three that I'm watching to screw everything up (along with the usual Seattle).

Ya good call on Cleveland, they are always a lock to do something that makes you shake your head. Your probably right about the Giants but something about Gettleman always makes me think he's trying to outsmart everyone.

I know Singletary was considered a head scratching pick in round 3 last year but after seeing him this past season, we might have struck gold. Kid is dynamic and a future pro bowler imo. Even with limited touches, which will always be the goal I think. Obviously the sample size is small but I see a CJ spiller type floor in terms of dynamic playmaking and jamaal Charles type ceiling, in terms of efficiency.

If we could pair another running back from this draft, perhaps more of a bruiser, I’m all for it. Taylor is a stud, but he got so many touches in college you wonder what is left.
Singletary is very, very good but I wish we had a speed back. I also understand wanting a power back.

Singletary is kind of a mix of the two who isn’t fast enough to be a speed back and isn’t big enough to be a power back.

He has enough of the two aspects, along with his vision to have a ceiling of the tier below “elite”.