Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

This is a spot where I'd be trying to go back up.

Everyone I wanted in the 4th still avail so I'm a moron.

Backup QB is a necessary spot to fill. Barkley is in his final year and didn't exactly look great when he had to play last year. Don't mind Fromm there with the UVA cb gone

Backup QB is a necessary spot to fill. Barkley is in his final year and didn't exactly look great when he had to play last year. Don't mind Fromm there with the UVA cb gone

Agree. I think Fromm has a higher upside than what we've seen from Barkley - or at least I'm excited to see if he does.

PK Tyler Bass from GA Southern in Round 6. Seems the Haushka days might be over?

Interesting pick there.

Yeah if we were going ST, I think I'd prefer a punter over a placekicker although both could probably be improved.

Another WR, huh couple of interesting picks here late.

Another WR, huh couple of interesting picks here late.

Do we even have any more room for wide receivers? Diggs, Brown and Beasley I would assume are locks to be on the team. Then add in Davis and Hodgins. Still left with Duke, Foster, McKenzie, Roberts, McCloud and Easley. Gonna have to be some attrition there.

Do we even have any more room for wide receivers? Diggs, Brown and Beasley I would assume are locks to be on the team. Then add in Davis and Hodgins. Still left with Duke, Foster, McKenzie, Roberts, McCloud and Easley. Gonna have to be some attrition there.

Have to think Foster McCloud and Easley are all gone

Have to think Foster McCloud and Easley are all gone

Most likely. Still leaves us with 8 wide receivers. Not sure Roberts and McKenzie are worth keeping on the roster just for special teams. Maybe, though. I think Davis takes Duke's spot.

Most likely. Still leaves us with 8 wide receivers. Not sure Roberts and McKenzie are worth keeping on the roster just for special teams. Maybe, though. I think Davis takes Duke's spot.
Speaking of special teams, you'd think Shy Cullen would be awesome on ST.

Clearly Allen the future but there is value getting a backup as we see constantly in the nfl especially with a qb like Allen who could get dinged.

Plus, trade bait.
Personally I love the pick for the reasons you mention. QB is such an important position, why not take a flyer on someone like Fromm? Pats did this every year, even with Brady they were drafting Ryan Mallet, Jimmy G, Brissett and others- all of which they flipped for future picks. Beane has had a great draft.

4th Round WR drafted in a stacked WR Class 90% means that dude is on the roster.

Diggs
Brown
Beasley
Davis
Roberts

1 or 2 spots for McKenzie, Duke, Foster and/or Hodgins

Hodgins and Duke fill the same role. I’d like to think Hodgins will do it better...he certainly has better hands.

Davis is another deep ball guy. Probably a bit more raw than AGG (who is raw in his own right) but Davis is the better athlete.

This is probably my favorite draft of the Beane era despite the fact that he spent a pick on a kicker.

Hodgins and Duke fill the same role. I’d like to think Hodgins will do it better...he certainly has better hands.

Davis is another deep ball guy. Probably a bit more raw than AGG (who is raw in his own right) but Davis is the better athlete.

This is probably my favorite draft of the Beane era despite the fact that he spent a pick on a kicker.
I love it as well. Resisted urges to burn any future picks when we are already down a 4th next year in the Diggs trade. Only need that was missed was a quality young CB but they still managed to take a lotto ticket at that spot late. Seemed like value and need matched up at almost every spot. I certainly would have preferred Braden Mann instead of a K since P was a bigger weakness. Cutting Hauschka would basically have given him $6m for 1 year of average kicking which is pretty gross and a misuse of resources.

PK Tyler Bass from GA Southern in Round 6. Seems the Haushka days might be over?

He's struggled the past 1.5 years, and I think that his fate was sealed when his wife tweeted about "bleach drinkers" earlier this week. I found it pretty funny, but something tells me that Beane and the Pegulas did not.

Last edited: