Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

He's struggled the past 1.5 years, and I think that his fate was sealed when his wife tweeted about "bleach drinkers" earlier this week. I found it pretty funny, but something tells me that Beane and the Pegulas did not.

Wow I was not aware of the tweet. Interesting.

I don't think that tweet had anything at all to do with the draft pick. He under-performed on the field last year and is 34 years old. Time for a replacement.

I don't think that tweet had anything at all to do with the draft pick. He under-performed on the field last year and is 34 years old. Time for a replacement.

He wasn't particularly good in the second half of '18 either, but the Bills signed him to a 2-year extension just before the '19 season.

He wasn't particularly good in the second half of '18 either, but the Bills signed him to a 2-year extension just before the '19 season.

True. He's only guaranteed $250,000 for the remainder of his contract though.

Yikes... and the Bills thought Poyer’s girl making subtle contract demands was their biggest WAG’s problem.

I don’t know if that played any part in this, but as someone who owns a business, and has a name that is known in the community, I steer clear of posting controversial content on social media.

(I just anonymously annoy everyone on the OT Board with my opinions)

That tweet is not a good look but bottom line is Hauschka missed basically every pressure kick this past year. Ironically he played his best in the Houston playoff game...but yeah bring in some competition. Kid has a cannon for a leg in those practice clips, but h@ll I always pound the ball on the driving range, on the course under pressure is another matter.

Since day 158,528 of the quarantine has me this bored... my super early, super reactionary 53 (+2 off PS but I’m not going there)

QB - Allen, Fromm
RB - Moss, Singletary, Jones
FB - Gilliam
OT - Dawkins, Ford, Nsehke, Williams
OG - Spain, Feliciano
C - Morse, Long
WR - Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis, Hodgins, Roberts
TE - Knox, Kroft, Smith

DE - Epenesa, Hughes, Addison, Murphy, Johnson
DT - Oliver, Star, Jefferson, Butler, Harry
LB - Edmunds, Milano, Klein, Joseph, Thompson, Matakevich
CB - Tre’, Norman, Levi, Gaines, Johnson, Jackson
S - Hyde, Poyer, Johnson, Neal, Marlowe

LS - Ferguson
K - Bass
P - Vedvik

OL has a lot of versatility. Feliciano can obvi slide to C and Williams can play inside or outside etc.

I don’t think Duke or Foster will beat out the two draft picks. Hodgins can play slot and catches everything. Davis was drafted in the 4th to play outside and is making the team.

McKenzie is the wild card. That’s my last battle for the 53 - McKenzie vs Dane Jackson. I’d rather have a true slot corner backing up oft-injured Taron Johnson, than McKenzie and his 1 or 2 jet sweeps per game. I’ve never been very impressed by him, but I suppose, with actual playmakers out there, it could be easier to get him in space.

This also presumes we keep Murphy, which may or may not happen. Jefferson can play outside, and if Buffalo likes what they see from AJ Epenesa and 2nd Year Darryl Johnson, perhaps they free up Murphy’s money to roll over into next year and free up a roster spot.

Could also see Marlowe cut to free up another spot.

Cut Murphy and/or Marlowe, add Yeldon and/or McKenzie.

Last edited:
Since day 158,528 of the quarantine has me this bored... my super early, super reactionary 53 (+2 off PS but I’m not going there)

QB - Allen, Fromm
RB - Moss, Singletary, Jones
FB - Gilliam
OT - Dawkins, Ford, Nsehke, Williams
OG - Spain, Feliciano
C - Morse, Long
WR - Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis, Hodgins, Roberts
TE - Knox, Kroft, Smith

DE - Epenesa, Hughes, Addison, Murphy, Johnson
DT - Oliver, Star, Jefferson, Butler, Harry
LB - Edmunds, Milano, Klein, Joseph, Thompson, Matakevich
CB - Tre’, Norman, Levi, Gaines, Johnson, Jackson
S - Hyde, Poyer, Johnson, Neal, Marlowe

LS - Ferguson
K - Bass
P - Vedvik

OL has a lot of versatility. Feliciano can obvi slide to C and Williams can play inside or outside etc.

I don’t think Duke or Foster will beat out the two draft picks. Hodgins can play slot and catches everything. Davis was drafted in the 4th to play outside and is making the team.

McKenzie is the wild card. That’s my last battle for the 53 - McKenzie vs Dane Jackson. I’d rather have a true slot corner backing up oft-injured Taron Johnson, than McKenzie and his 1 or 2 jet sweeps per game. I’ve never been very impressed by him, but I suppose, with actual playmakers out there, it could be easier to get him in space.

This also presumes we keep Murphy, which may or may not happen. Jefferson can play outside, and if Buffalo likes what they see from AJ Epenesa and 2nd Year Darryl Johnson, perhaps they free up Murphy’s money to roll over into next year and free up a roster spot.

Could also see Marlowe cut to free up another spot.

Cut Murphy and/or Marlowe, add Yeldon and/or McKenzie.
Cutting Murphy saves about $8 million. He gone. Money available for extension(s). Also, I think I read we're in pretty good shape next year cap wise.

Cutting Murphy saves about $8 million. He gone. Money available for extension(s). Also, I think I read we're in pretty good shape next year cap wise.
We are, but we also have some big contracts coming up to be worked out. That Murphy roll over $$$ would really help.

We are, but we also have some big contracts coming up to be worked out. That Murphy roll over $$$ would really help.
This to me is the biggest reason Murphy is gone. I don't know whether Epenesa meets, exceeds, or fails to meet his production- but we're going to need those $8m on future contracts and Murphy pulled a disappearing act in a number of games last year...

Yeah, I think he has to be gone. With Jerry/Addison/Epenesa/Johnson plus Jefferson avail there. Can't have a $9.7m 3rd or 4th DE. Better off using that money right now to get a Dawkins or Milano extension on the books where we can push some of the bonus money into Murphy's slot. Spending $35m on 4 DEs that aren't really difference makers is not ideal. Would have to think the depth of the DL as a whole though will keep everyone as fresh & healthy as possible.

Hearing a lot of hype from draft analysts for Gabriel Davis.

I don’t know much about him, but the more I read, the more I think this dude could make an impact this year.

ESPN is showing the Cowboys comeback on MNF in 2007 if anyone wants to hate themselves tonight
I think that was the most miserable sporting event I've ever been to. It's either that or game 6 against the Senators in 2007 when the Presidents Trophy winning Sabres team lost.

ESPN is showing the Cowboys comeback on MNF in 2007 if anyone wants to hate themselves tonight
Couldn't bring myself to watch it. I can feel my blood boiling just thinking about that game...

Hearing a lot of hype from draft analysts for Gabriel Davis.

I don’t know much about him, but the more I read, the more I think this dude could make an impact this year.

In college, he was mainly used to stretch the field vertically. Only one player in this draft class had a higher average depth of target (Davis' average was over 16 yards). He has a pretty good outside release against press coverage, but that's more or less his only move dealing with press coverage. If he's able to get a step though, he does a nice job of stacking the DB and using his armbar to create and maintain separation down the field.

The rest of his game is largely undeveloped*, but he has just enough athleticism to potentially be able to become a better all-around guy. We'll see. If Allen can't get his deep ball under control it seems tough to see Davis making much of an impact offensively, at least initially. I like him though, and Hodgins was a solid 6th round pick too.

Edit: Originally said "developed" instead of "undeveloped"...woops!

Last edited:
In college, he was mainly used to stretch the field vertically. Only one player in this draft class had a higher average depth of target (Davis' average was over 16 yards). He has a pretty good outside release against press coverage, but that's more or less his only move dealing with press coverage. If he's able to get a step though, he does a nice job of stacking the DB and using his armbar to create and maintain separation down the field.

The rest of his game is largely developed, but he has just enough athleticism to potentially be able to become a better all-around guy. We'll see. If Allen can't get his deep ball under control it seems tough to see Davis making much of an impact offensively, at least initially. I like him though, and Hodgins was a solid 6th round pick too.
Id be surprised, and really disappointed, if Allen doesn’t dramatically step up his deep ball game. He knows what he needs to work on, and it seems with Diggs, Brown and Davis, there will be a lot of vertical opps in this offense.

I think that was the most miserable sporting event I've ever been to. It's either that or game 6 against the Senators in 2007 when the Presidents Trophy winning Sabres team lost.

Sabres actually lost that series in 5, on an Alfredsson OT goal.