Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

Luckily for him, he has the means and resources to get this overturned, unlike many others placed in the same situation who would be booked, unable to post bail and assigned an incompetent public defender.

Certainly having financial means helps in the american justice system that is an undisputed fact. That said if anyone blew a 0.0 and the blood test was negative I would have to think that charges would be dropped regardless of financial or celebrity status.

Why do you always feel the need to parse words and present it in a way that makes you think you're presenting an argument that actually matters?
Cuz I thought your post was silly and didn’t actually matter so I had to make fun of it a bit. Fair?

Debatable. He is from Texas after all. Can do whatever you want if you're that good at football for the most part. Not saying he did, but that's how it goes around here.
Apparently it doesn’t get ya out of a traffic stop or an embarrassing arrest for DUI.

All I’m saying is the guy is doing something right.

It’s a hell of a world we’re living in when complementing someone for doing something the right way is met with such contempt.

Cuz I thought your post was silly and didn’t actually matter so I had to make fun of it a bit. Fair?

Sure, if a meaningless word vomit helps ya get through the day, have at it.

Certainly having financial means helps in the american justice system that is an undisputed fact. That said if anyone blew a 0.0 and the blood test was negative I would have to think that charges would be dropped regardless of financial or celebrity status.

Perhaps, or perhaps not. As you say, having the means at least gives you a leg up. I'm not saying that he should have acted out at that traffic stop. That wouldn't end well for him. Just pointing out that it's easier to keep your composure when you are wrongfully accused of a crime if you know you have the means to fight it.

Seriously. They are the gift that keeps on giving. Nice to have someone else in the division be a complete dumpster fire...
I almost feel bad for Darnold, almost.

Adams traded to Seattle along with a 4th, for two 1sts, a 3rd and Bradley McDougald.

makes the Diggs trade look even better for the Bills.

Josh Allen coming in at #87 on the NFL Top 100, as voted on by NFL players.

Stefon Diggs, #54 and Tre White, #47.

Not out of the question I guess but he certainly looked a little wobbly in the video though that could just as easily be attributed to nerves when being black and surrounded by numerous officers.
I was pulled over for not signalling. I was the designated driver for 3 adults doing a craft brewery tour.
The officer had me do a road side sobriety tests due to what he claimed was the smell of alcohol in the car. I was nervous as hell, and I am almost 60, and a former defense lawyer.

Josh Allen coming in at #87 on the NFL Top 100, as voted on by NFL players.

Stefon Diggs, #54 and Tre White, #47.

This list is hilariously bad. Cool to see Allen make an appearance, but he's a part of what makes the list so bad (though not nearly the worst part of it).

That's insane. I don't understand. Didn't he straight up fail a sobriety test?
The interpretation of a field sobriety test is 2 fold: the breath test and the physical test. The results of the later are fungible, as only the officers can say what they were.
Someone can be arrested and convicted based upon observations of the driver alone. That is called common law dwi.

Certainly having financial means helps in the any justice system that is an undisputed fact. That said if anyone blew a 0.0 and the blood test was negative I would have to think that charges would be dropped regardless of financial or celebrity status.
FIFY

Star is out.
Star has to do what’s right for him, but now his $8.1 mil cap hit moves to next year. Kind of wish we could just cut him now and get on with it. Instead we have to deal with an aging guy, a season removed, with a heavy cap hit in a year we were expecting to likely be moving on from him. (If he wasn’t cut this year, he was likely getting cut next year)

In other AFCE news, Pats getting decimated by opt-outs today.

Star has to do what’s right for him, but now his $8.1 mil cap hit moves to next year. Kind of wish we could just cut him now and get on with it. Instead we have to deal with an aging guy, a season removed, with a heavy cap hit in a year we were expecting to likely be moving on from him. (If he wasn’t cut this year, he was likely getting cut next year)

Ya that signing has not aged well at all. Going to have to try and cut him next year or do something to lower that cap hit if at all possible.

Ya that signing has not aged well at all. Going to have to try and cut him next year or do something to lower that cap hit if at all possible.
He already restructured, to likely avoid being cut.

Hopefully he just retires, but if he wants to play next year, we’ll have to deal with his money we thought would be gone.

I was just thinking that he was no loss because there are potentially 4 more impactful players in the DT rotation any way. I didn't think about that contract getting tolled. That part is brutal. That and the cap not moving is going to make it nearly impossible to get extensions done with all 3 of White/Milano/Dawkins. Might be able to get one done using the new space from Star for this year.

He already restructured, to likely avoid being cut.

Hopefully he just retires, but if he wants to play next year, we’ll have to deal with his money we thought would be gone.
Just looked at spotrac. Situation is ugly. $7.35m cap hit or $11.8m dead money in 2021 so that's not happening. $9.35m cap hit or $5.1m dead money in 2022. The gift that keeps on giving.

Just looked at spotrac. Situation is ugly. $7.35m cap hit or $11.8m dead money in 2021 so that's not happening. $9.35m cap hit or $5.1m dead money in 2022. The gift that keeps on giving.
Yup - Do we know if he has any underlying issues and/or family has any issues, or did he do this (as Feliciano tweeted out players are doing) to preserve his money in the event of a canceled season.

Under the first scenario, it sucks, but I get it.

Under the second scenario, it sucks, but I get it, but I also resent him for messing up our stellar cap management.

Yup - Do we know if he has any underlying issues and/or family has any issues, or did he do this (as Feliciano tweeted out players are doing) to preserve his money in the event of a canceled season.

Under the first scenario, it sucks, but I get it.

Under the second scenario, it sucks, but I get it, but I also resent him for messing up our stellar cap management.
This whole thing has to be screwing up Beane's plans so badly. Had room to lock up 2 or all 3 of those guys needing deals this summer with expected $15m or so cap jump as usual. Now has no idea if cap is going to stay flat or perhaps go down if there is no agreement to smooth it out.

Can't imagine the players are looking to take less than they planned on if the cap goes down either so it creates a real mess. The only upside is that if we have good management like I think we do that this could actually create an opportunity for a team that has space available and a good young core.