Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 211 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

And he had tons of green. That play effectively ended his time in Buffalo.
I hope so. I am not a fan.

He's not a good runner, horrible out of the backfield, and is average, at best, in pass pro.

Is there a worse RB1 in the NFL?

Remember, he also dropped a big gainer in the Houston WC loss last year.

It was a great run and I looked forward to visiting this thread all season. We are going to be good for a while. Just have to figure a way to get past the Chiefs.

Hell of a season. I hate how it ended... but what a year for us.

Staff and players got a full taste of going deep in the playoffs. Honestly our coaches looked like they were overwhelmed by the moment, both coordinators struggled mightily. McDermott has to loosen the reins more and be less conservative. D needs a lot of off season work as well. Offensively we need an upgrade at rb and Josh has to learn when to throw the ball away. Daboll also has to be less erratic, some of his play call this post season were not how he called games during the regular sseason .

Staff and players got a full taste of going deep in the playoffs. Honestly our coaches looked like they were overwhelmed by the moment, both coordinators struggled mightily. McDermott has to loosen the reins more and be less conservative. D needs a lot of off season work as well. Offensively we need an upgrade at rb and Josh has to learn when to throw the ball away. Daboll also has to be less erratic, some of his play call this post season were not how he called games during the regular sseason .
that's what bugs me. Everyone - players and coaches - got tight in the post-season (not just tonight). I want to attack on both sides of the ball, not wait for the other team to hopefully screw up.

Beating Indy was big, beating Baltimore even better. I wanted to win tonight badly. Obviously. But I also can understand that KC is an elite team. Elite players did elite things.

Would I have changed a few things? Yeah. Couple plays maybe change momentum? Sure. But you know what... sometimes you just lose. It has not happened in months, and it sucks, but again... what a ride.

I hope we are not just a blip. Sometimes that happens in the NFL. More than other sports.

Last edited:
that's what bugs me. Everyone - players and coaches - got tight in the post-season (not just tonight). I want to attack on both sides of the ball, not wait for the other team to hopefully screw up.

I don’t mind as much that they lost .. I mind that they didn’t play their game ... they lost trying to defend against KCs strengths instead of emphasizing their own

Great, great season fellas.

I hope McDermott looks at this game and learns from his mistakes. He's been one of the best all year in 4th down decision making but he was very bad tonight.

Shore up the weak points of the roster, get Allen signed long term, and let's go win a Super Bowl next year.

Great, great season fellas.

I hope McDermott looks at this game and learns from his mistakes. He's been one of the best all year in 4th down decision making but he was very bad tonight.

Shore up the weak points of the roster, get Allen signed long term, and let's go win a Super Bowl next year.
I’d like to know why he became so conservative on 4th down today.

and I’d like to know from Daboll why the play calling in the playoffs was so “meh”.

Hopefully this will be our modern version of 1988

Problem being we have Mahomes to deal with ... we may have a rockets / warriors ...knicks / bulls situation.

Problem being we have Mahomes to deal with ... we may have a rockets / warriors ...knicks / bulls situation.

Please god no but I fear you could be right. Just keep Watson out of the AFC East for the love of all that is holy.

and I’d like to know from Daboll why the play calling in the playoffs was so “meh”.

I was really annoyed by Daboll's playcalling at first but I think the Chiefs just really locked us up at Corner for most the game which made things tougher. It also hurts when McDermott went into a soft shell compared to his usual self.

Bills just need to get a little better pass protection + another red zone weapon.

Maybe because we just played the three best teams we have played all year? We have no plan b because we can’t run the ball and that got exposed. It seemed like Chiefs were daring us to run the ball and we couldn’t.

Last year I thought Singletary showed his ability to make guys miss in a phone booth. I don't see that any more. Not sure if a factor but his college in Florida ran him a lot. Like a ridiculous amount. Not to bash him as he seems a likeable guy, but he's small, not that fast and has trouble catching.

If their coach thought they had a shot at KC by kicking fgs, he needs to take his Scott Norwood ballet slippers off

Maybe because we just played the three best teams we have played all year? We have no plan b because we can’t run the ball and that got exposed. It seemed like Chiefs were daring us to run the ball and we couldn’t.
The chiefs defense sucks, especially their red zone defense. I think we played much better defenses throughout the season. Colts defense is solid, but plenty of teams had success against their defense

in any event, lack of success and poor/stale play calling may be mutually exclusive.

The chiefs defense sucks, especially their red zone defense. I think we played much better defenses throughout the season. Colts defense is solid, but plenty of teams had success against their defense

in any event, lack of success and poor/stale play calling may be mutually exclusive.
From what I’ve heard, their defense is middle of the pack, like ours, but where they are susceptible is to TE’s and RB’s... of which we have a meh TE and no RB’s. They locked down our WR’s, pinned their ears back on Josh, and we had no counter punch.

I think we really need to revamp this team if we want to contend with KC...

Milano can walk. I’m sorry, we can’t pay two linebackers (They are paying Edmunds), when neither can cover Kelce.

Jefferson, Butler, Addison... cut two. I’d be fine cutting all three, but I get that may be extreme. Way too much $$$ for a mediocre DL, especially with Star likely coming back.

Singletary... BYE

John Brown, McKenzie, Roberts... tough convos need to be had about a guy with a heavy cap hit who didn’t come through in the Playoffs after being hurt all year, a gadget guy who they barely used in 3 playoff games and a KR/PR only occupying a 6th WR spot on a pass heavy team.

I’d keep the OL in tact. Maybe Williams price came down a bit after Frank Clark beat his ass.

Hill/Kelce are borderline unguardable, but it doesn’t need to be that easy. This defense should be embarrassed... and the offseason should show a reaction to what happened this game.

On offense... same... find Josh a big TE or stud RB. I’ve always been against RD1 RBs but my kingdom for Najee Harris in a Bills uniform... that guy makes a big difference in this game.

If their coach thought they had a shot at KC by kicking fgs, he needs to take his Scott Norwood ballet slippers off
4th and goal from the 2...huge momentum builder at the end of the first half...against that team, kicking the FG there is equal to not converting the 4th and goal.

From what I’ve heard, their defense is middle of the pack, like ours, but where they are susceptible is to TE’s and RB’s... of which we have a meh TE and no RB’s. They locked down our WR’s, pinned their ears back on Josh, and we had no counter punch.

I think we really need to revamp this team if we want to contend with KC...

Milano can walk. I’m sorry, we can’t pay two linebackers (They are paying Edmunds), when neither can cover Kelce.

Jefferson, Butler, Addison... cut two. I’d be fine cutting all three, but I get that may be extreme. Way too much $$$ for a mediocre DL, especially with Star likely coming back.

Singletary... BYE

John Brown, McKenzie, Roberts... tough convos need to be had about a guy with a heavy cap hit who didn’t come through in the Playoffs after being hurt all year, a gadget guy who they barely used in 3 playoff games and a KR/PR only occupying a 6th WR spot on a pass heavy team.

I’d keep the OL in tact. Maybe Williams price came down a bit after Frank Clark beat his ass.

Hill/Kelce are borderline unguardable, but it doesn’t need to be that easy. This defense should be embarrassed... and the offseason should show a reaction to what happened this game.

On offense... same... find Josh a big TE or stud RB. I’ve always been against RD1 RBs but my kingdom for Najee Harris in a Bills uniform... that guy makes a big difference in this game.
as unguardable as they are..the rest of the league sure seemed better at it than we were. these guys had barely won almost all their games the last half of the year..against some bad teams...and last week they should have lost. we got punked.

4th and goal from the 2...huge momentum builder at the end of the first half...against that team, kicking the FG there is equal to not converting the 4th and goal.
The game was pretty much over when Singletary dropped the pass... not going for it at the end of half was the final nail in the coffin. It was fairly obvious to everyone but McD that the Bills D was not going to stop the Chiefs from scoring. That drive was their last shot to get the game within one possession.

Beasley is our TE, but you could see how hobbled he was.

Needed quick hitters to Diggs and Brown to scare off the pressure, not sure if scheme, WR play or QB play was to blame but it didn't happen. Also, without a RB that can get a one-block 15-yard or house action, the Defense isn't scared enough

Beasley is our TE, but you could see how hobbled he was.

Needed quick hitters to Diggs and Brown to scare off the pressure, not sure if scheme, WR play or QB play was to blame but it didn't happen. Also, without a RB that can get a one-block 15-yard or house action, the Defense isn't scared enough
Brown, Beasley and Davis were all clearly hobbled... either that or Brown has fallen off a cliff, because in a game where they pinned their ears back on Josh and doubled Diggs, Beasley gutted through to try to give us a chance... Brown, along with Singletary gave us nothing.

Give me:

Diggs - Beasley - Davis - Speed WR - Hodgins and either McKenzie or Roberts next year.

Brown’s cap savings are far more valuable than what he seems able to provide anymore. A healthy Davis and (maybe) Hodgins will at least give us big body options when teams like KC dare the refs to throw flags.