Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 213 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

I'm not so much bummed about losing the game. I mean, the best team won and that happens.

I think I'm more bummed that I'm not sure how we'll close that gap.

KC is a really good team. With a really good coach. And I don't know who is dropping off that roster anytime soon.

It was a mismatch on both sides of the ball last night. If not for a dropped punt gift, there would have been little cause for hope at any point in the game.

I think you just have to hope we're the new Pittsburgh. They could never beat NE themselves but were always ready to capitalize when they faltered.

Bills need a high end edge rusher.
Problem is, you can’t just go get one.

It’s like saying so and so needs a QB or an elite WR. I always laugh when people are like “we need to get our guy a Diggs”... ok... good luck with that - I’m sure GB or KC are waiting on your trade proposal for Adams or Hill.

If we go scorched earth and cut Jefferson, Butler, Addison, Brown, Morse and let Milano walk... we can potentially look at overpaying for Matthew Judon, Bud Dupree or Yannick Ngakoue if the come available. We’re probably not finding that EDGE guy at pick 30.

I’m really not super excited about bringing Milano back.

We need impact players. He is not one.

We’re paying Edmunds most likely when he comes due.

Too many above average guys on this team and not enough top tier guys.

I’d cut Brown, Jefferson, Addison and Butler.

Keep one of Morse or Feliciano as Center and let the other go. Interior OL needs to be better.

I know Edmunds puts up numbers but man to me, he looked like Poz out there this year. Stacking up tackles 9 yards down the field. He had a grand total of 4 TFL this year. He seems to be mediocre to downright bad in coverage. Maybe it's a scheme thing, but color me totally unimpressed.

I know Edmunds puts up numbers but man to me, he looked like Poz out there this year. Stacking up tackles 9 yards down the field. He had a grand total of 4 TFL this year. He seems to be mediocre to downright bad in coverage. Maybe it's a scheme thing, but color me totally unimpressed.
Seems to take bad angles from time to time.

To me, he's roughly an average linebacker right now, but he's going to get a huge contract because he's still only 22 and he's already made multiple pro bowls now. I definitely don't think he's as good as he's hyped up to be right now, but they'd be crazy not to lock him up long-term.

Last edited:
Yea, I don’t know if it’s scheme or if it’s and Edmunds issue.

What I do know is that we really need to start getting some instant contributors from our high draft picks.

I don’t care how young Edmunds is if it’s a constant waiting game for him to actually be good.

To me, he's roughly an average linebacker right now, but he's going to get a huge contract because he's still only 22 and he's already made multiple pro bowls now. I definitely don't think he's as good as he's hyped up to be right now, they'd be crazy not to lock him up long-term.

That's the problem. He's definitely going to get overpaid based off that hype when I just don't see it.

Interested to see what the Bills do in the offseason as I was rooting for them yesterday, but it's pretty apparent outside of RB the front 7 on defense is the weakest point of the team. I think the Bills would be best off not paying Edmunds or keeping Milano, but I get why you would. They also need to find someone on the dline opposite Jerry Hughes. I suppose if they want to budget their money well they could sign someone like Romeo Okwara or Taakarist Mckinley and they would help tremendously.

My offseason wish list (not all of this gonna happen)

Younger speed WR to replace Brown
Stud TE
RB
Pass rushing DE
CB

I could see Milano testing the market. I hope he's back, but only at a good price. He's 27 and isn't going to get better every year anymore. Edmunds is still only 22 and hasn't reached his potential yet IMO. I'm still a little hopeful

Ford coming back and playing Guard will help the O-line, they need some youth there though.

Getting Etienne or Harris in the draft would be great

Also, I wouldn't really miss Frazier if he took the Texans job. He's a great guy and an experienced defensive mind, but this would give McDermott an opportunity to get an innovator and input new ideas on the defense.

Saw a mock today that had Toney go to GB right before us, and both Harris & Etienne available.

Had us taking Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State

I’ll NEVER question going OL, but I’m starting to come around to the idea of having an elite talent at RB, and the only way to do so for the next decade is by drafting one every 4 years.

If Toney is there, he could scratch off McKenzie and Brown as a 2 for 1. He’s basically those two combined into one player.

Saw a mock today that had Toney go to GB right before us, and both Harris & Etienne available.

Had us taking Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State

I’ll NEVER question going OL, but I’m starting to come around to the idea of having an elite talent at RB, and the only way to do so for the next decade is by drafting one every 4 years.

If Toney is there, he could scratch off McKenzie and Brown as a 2 for 1. He’s basically those two combined into one player.

Ya to many fans fall into the trap of that "guy would be huge for us", unfortunately he would do that for about 20+ other teams as well. Were also not gonna trade up 15 slots and give up a ton of picks for one guy, that rarely if ever works out. As it is were already missing our 4th round pick with the Diggs trade. Beane has been very aggressive in the draft which is nice, but I wouldn't mind trading back in the 1st or 2nd and recouping that 4th rounder.

I suppose one bright side is that as tight against the cap as we are right now, there's still 15-20 teams in a worse spot than us and we can clear space very easily by cutting replaceable guys. If the cap is depressed this offseason, we might find ourselves in a buyer's market with some money to burn if we let our own FAs walk.

Ya to many fans fall into the trap of that "guy would be huge for us", unfortunately he would do that for about 20+ other teams as well. Were also not gonna trade up 15 slots and give up a ton of picks for one guy, that rarely if ever works out. As it is were already missing our 4th round pick with the Diggs trade. Beane has been very aggressive in the draft which is nice, but I wouldn't mind trading back in the 1st or 2nd and recouping that 4th rounder.
A couple of comp picks for hiring Frazier would be helpful.

I suppose one bright side is that as tight against the cap as we are right now, there's still 15-20 teams in a worse spot than us and we can clear space very easily by cutting replaceable guys. If the cap is depressed this offseason, we might find ourselves in a buyer's market with some money to burn if we let our own FAs walk.

Beane's always been good too with signing dependable veterans at good costs and not overpaying to fill holes

Really good point. We’re up against the cap, but Beane basically structured a bunch of guys with outs this year.

Hughes, Addison, Jefferson, Butler, Brown and Morse can all be cut for big cap savings and minimal dead cap hits.

I could easily see all but Hughes cut. That allows us to re-sign Williams/Feliciano, potentially re-sign Milano and/or go big game hunting for a high price FA or two.