Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

Have to see where the cap is after the next TV contract kicks in, but yeah it's not hard to manipulate cap numbers with all the bonus money.

The Bills will have some tough decisions next year, but I think they're wisely spending at the important spots. I think the Chiefs spending money on guys like Frank Clark and Orlando Brown ended up costing them Hill, same with the Packers spending on RBs/etc. costing them Adams.

Last edited:
Have to see where the cap is after the next TV contract kicks in, but yeah it's not hard to manipulate cap numbers with all the bonus money.

The Bills will have some tough decisions next year, but I think they're wisely spending at the important spots. I think the Chiefs spending money on guys like Frank Clark and Orlando Brown ended up costing them Hill, same with the Packers spending on RBs.

This ^, the cap can be manipulated a lot if your team willing to spend future money and players who will take restructured deals and understand that dead years will exist. That said the cap can only be manipulated so much and eventually teams do have to pay the piper so to speak usually by releasing guys or letting guys walk they might not normally. The rams didn't let their al pro punter walk this year because they thought he was shot they needed the $$$ for other deals.

This ^, the cap can be manipulated a lot if your team willing to spend future money and players who will take restructured deals and understand that dead years will exist. That said the cap can only be manipulated so much and eventually teams do have to pay the piper so to speak usually by releasing guys or letting guys walk they might not normally. The rams didn't let their al pro punter walk this year because they thought he was shot they needed the $$$ for other deals.

Yup and as a fan I'm willing to go through one year where the team is in a cap crunch if it meant they did everything possible and won the Super Bowl.

Yup and as a fan I'm willing to go through one year where the team is in a cap crunch if it meant they did everything possible and won the Super Bowl.

Yup when the window is open you have to make moves and Buffalo is clearly doing that. I can't imagine any rationale fan would disagree with the moves.

His wife Rachel Bush is making it clear on Twitter he wants a new deal and major $$$. I like Poyer but there's no way we can pay everyone, have to think this is his last year here. The downside of being a good team is everyone wants to get paid and with the cap it's just not possible. Don't be surprised if Buffalo adds a safety in the draft.

With a bit of cap space ($4-5M?) following Diggs, sure would like to lock up a quality CB before the draft and then see what Beane does on draft day.

His wife Rachel Bush is making it clear on Twitter he wants a new deal and major $$$. I like Poyer but there's no way we can pay everyone, have to think this is his last year here. The downside of being a good team is everyone wants to get paid and with the cap it's just not possible. Don't be surprised if Buffalo adds a safety in the draft.

If the rumor of the Bills looking to trade up has any merit Poyer would be a logical add to a trade package to move up

If the rumor of the Bills looking to trade up has any merit Poyer would be a logical add to a trade package to move up

Agreed, I don't see Poyer getting a deal that he wants from the Bills and that is fine. Like people have stated, they can't pay everyone and after this year there are definitely going to be some guys that go elsewhere.

I am sure discussions are on going but the Bills may look to move him and try and get the safety from ND, everyone thinking corner back with the first pick but it looks like to me that they may feel they don't need to spend a ton of resources on the 2nd corner but I am not sure

With Deebo requesting a trade, really hoping he doesn't end up in our division. Seems like the Jets would be a major potential landing spot. You wonder if Buffalo would be active if we had cap room, obviously with Diggs's deal (amongst others) were not even remotely a possibility but mand Diggs and Deebo would be a hell of a combo

With Deebo requesting a trade, really hoping he doesn't end up in our division. Seems like the Jets would be a major potential landing spot. You wonder if Buffalo would be active if we had cap room, obviously with Diggs's deal (amongst others) were not even remotely a possibility but mand Diggs and Deebo would be a hell of a combo
Agree, my first thought was 'how do we get him?"...but outside of sending SF a player I can't see how the cap would allow it. Really hope he doesn't end up in the division, or really the AFC...the conference is loaded enough as it is.

Got to be CB first right?
Don't know that they particularly care much about using a premium asset on CB2. Makes sense to all of us to plug what looks like a glaring need but to this point they have never used a pick or paid anyone to play that spot.

Other big thing is McD doesn't seem to love playing rookies much either so if we're staring at 2022 roster weaknesses, it may be somewhat irrelevant and need to be looking a little further out. That puts LB and S into focus where value may be much better at 25 than CB is. Grab one of those guys and they contribute/learn in year 1 and then ready to step in and be impact starters in year 2 while saving a lot of cap vs Poyer and one of the LBs. Think we all agree there is no shot that we're paying $10m/year to all 4 of Edmunds/Milano/Hyde/Poyer so having a ready to go, high-level replacement ready is huge.

I’m really hoping for a WR but feels like this might finally be the year we go RB. I won’t be happy with that but this team is good enough that it’s hard for me to get too upset. RB is pretty much at the bottom of my list of options in the first round though.

I’m all for trading out of the spot and then packaging some of our day 3 picks to climb back into rounds 3-4. Basically shoot for 5 or 6 picks in rounds 2-4.

Not many guys after the 4th round are going to make this team.

I actually haven't a clue for this year. Could be CB, WR, OL and if you believe the rumors RB as well.

Diggs vs Sauce Gardner twice a year will be entertaining

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom