Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

Cleveland should walk from Baker. You can’t win in this league unless you have elite QB play.

If you don’t, you have to have the stars align with a loaded team around them (much harder to do with a $$$ QB) and it typically is a one-hit wonder type of run.

No idea what I’d do with Lamar. This year should’ve provided some clarity, but he was injured/sick a lot and didn’t finish the season + no playoffs, which is where I really need to see him perform if I’m the Ravens.

Agreed. Like it or not, Beane isn’t a “go for it” guy so I don’t see us mortgaging the future to give us a better chance but in a smaller window.

Cap is going to go up to where the Allen/Mahomes contracts aren’t cap destroyers.

I’m a little worried about Edmunds type players. If I had to guess, they are going to pay him, and at some point we need actual game breakers, not just good locker room guys who are above average talents.

I know Beane values depth, but you could make a run at Davante Adams type players for what they will be paying Edmunds/Feliciano/Beasley next year. Would you rather have a game breaker added to the team (not necessarily Adams) or an above average LB, above average Slot and an above average backup IOL? This is where our philosophy seems to differ from the Chiefs.
I love that Beane appears to have a view for the long haul. I'd rather be the Atlanta Braves (13 straight titles) than the Florida Marlins (two titles, plenty of crappy seasons).

That said, next year is a twinge more important, only in that it is the last year that Allen's cap # is manageable. So, don't sell the farm, but maybe take an extra low-grade risk or two.

One warning/insecurity: Gabe Davis is a good player, but he is not as great as his finest moment this past Sunday. Sometimes fans/media fall over themselves when watching a performance like that. Need Diggs to dig back in and for Beane to find a top 50 threat to go with he and Davis.

Last edited:
IMO, Baker and Lamar are apples and oranges. Understood that Lamar has some passing limitations but he is still a generational player and will be for his next contract at least. Baker just is just an average NFL QB at best

Lamar can def pass well but I'm not sure he's as good of a passer as Mahomes or Allen. Then again no one is

Daboll to NYG

Looks like Dorsey is going too. Suppose we can take our time with the OC search.

Was really thinking Dorsey would stay.
Idk if he just loves Daboll or doesn’t like being with McD but choosing to be the OC for the Giants instead of coasting off Allen will almost certainly hurt his career prospects.

Idk if he just loves Daboll or doesn’t like being with McD but choosing to be the OC for the Giants instead of coasting off Allen will almost certainly hurt his career prospects.
Unless the Giants O takes off and does well and he can avoid the "OC is easy when you have Allen" noise.

Unless the Giants O takes off and does well and he can avoid the "OC is easy when you have Allen" noise.

There could be 10,000 reasons why he takes the Giants OC job over the Bills job. I am sure Daboll and Dorsey work pretty closely and him following Daboll to be his OC makes a lot of sense. I will say this from watching press conferences and following this staff for the past 4 years, Daboll is a lot more laid back than McDermott is. I think most would rather work for Daboll, now that by no means that this will lead to success. It's probably just the opposite but I do see it.

There could be 10,000 reasons why he takes the Giants OC job over the Bills job. I am sure Daboll and Dorsey work pretty closely and him following Daboll to be his OC makes a lot of sense. I will say this from watching press conferences and following this staff for the past 4 years, Daboll is a lot more laid back than McDermott is. I think most would rather work for Daboll, now that by no means that this will lead to success. It's probably just the opposite but I do see it.
If Bills promote Dorsey to OC immediately can't they block him from interviewing for a lateral position? Not saying they should do that. You don't want to be forcing someone to stay when they want go.

I guess, but having a good QB has pretty much only helped OCs in the past (with the exception of Bieniemy who doesn't call the plays and therefore doesn't get the credit). I'd say with Buffalo, there's probably a greater than 50% chance he's a head coach within the next couple years. With the Giants, probably about a 50% chance he's unemployed in a couple years.

If Bills promote Dorsey to OC immediately can't they block him from interviewing for a lateral position? Not saying they should do that. You don't want to be forcing someone to stay when they want go.
I think he'd have to agree to being promoted. If he wants to leave for the Giants he obviously wouldn't do that.

I love that Beane appears to have a view for the long haul. I'd rather be the Atlanta Braves (13 straight titles) than the Florida Marlins (two titles, plenty of crappy seasons).

That said, next year is a twinge more important, only in that it is the last year that Allen's cap # is manageable. So, don't sell the farm, but maybe take an extra low-grade risk or two.

One warning/insecurity: Gabe Davis is a good player, but he is not as great as his finest moment this past Sunday. Sometimes fans/media fall over themselves when watching a performance like that. Need Diggs to dig back in and for Beane to find a top 50 threat to go with he and Davis.

Completely agree with your take on Davis. He’s very good, he can smoke most teams CB2’s, but that’s typically because other teams have CB1 and Safety help on Diggs.

If Jameson Williams drops due to the ACL, I’m sprinting to the podium. He’s everything this team needs. Davis stays #2 outside WR with Diggs on the other side and explosive playmaker in the slot.

Flat out, the Bills need more playmakers and to keep the OL playing at a high level. Mahomes had more talent around him in that Playoff Game, Allen is just unstoppable when we unleash him… problem is, it’s a 17 game season and we cannot keep doing that in the regular season. It’s also a big reason we didn’t play KC at home.

We couldn’t have had this last weekend? Insane. Mahomes collapsed late.
Insane. I wanna watch the highlights before the last minute now. Turned it on to see:
Lucky fumble recovery, lucky cointoss, lucky dropped int in OT...
Then he has all day to sit in the pocket on 3rd down w/ Hill running a deep Over route vs a Safety?...
If you could've frozen time I would've wagered my net worth that'd go differently...
Just when ya think it's too predictable sports surprises you. There is that I guess.

Gonna be a lot of pressure on McDermott and the defense next year. Bengals defense played lights out in the 2nd half with less resources spent than the Bills

Chiefs losing/Mahomes collapsing didn’t help me mentally at all. Makes me hate our defense even more… didn’t think that was possible.

Insane. I wanna watch the highlights before the last minute now. Turned it on to see:
Lucky fumble recovery, lucky cointoss, lucky dropped int in OT...
Then he has all day to sit in the pocket on 3rd down w/ Hill running a deep Over route vs a Safety?...
If you could've frozen time I would've wagered my net worth that'd go differently...
Just when ya think it's too predictable sports surprises you. There is that I guess.
It was setting itself up so perfectly after the Apple drop.

Gonna be a lot of pressure on McDermott and the defense next year. Bengals defense played lights out in the 2nd half with less resources spent than the Bills
Absolutely need oliver, basham, rosseau to make a step. Hendrickson and Hubbard are legit.

Absolutely need oliver, basham, rosseau to make a step. Hendrickson and Hubbard are legit.

Even just not getting too conservative makes all the difference. We have great players that are well coached up, our base nickel is already conservative. Just don't coach or play scared

1643630657485.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom