Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Really surprised by that one. If you asked me two weeks ago, I would've said Edmunds would be back and Poyer would be gone.

Think the age difference between the two played a role. Poyer at 31 coming off an injury plagued season in a Safety heavy FA year hurt his value. I think he's a really good player but at 31 and in a non massive salary position ie QB, WR, DE, I think he may have overvalued what he maybe worth. I think it also helps that he also wanted to play with a contender and Buffalo being one made it much easier to come back to versus if this was a decade ago.

Singletary to Texans, Damien Harris to Buffalo. I liked Devin, but Harris is good.

Free agent All Pro OG David Edwards reportedly in meetings with the Bills.

Quessenberry re-signed today to. Edwards would be a real nice addition.

Because it's less than $1.75iM it doesn't count against the cap.
Interesting- I knew that FA signings below $1.75M did not factor into the comp pick calculation, but did not know about the cap.

Interesting- I knew that FA signings below $1.75M did not factor into the comp pick calculation, but did not know about the cap.

Yeah I believe you are correct. It still counts against the cap, just not against the comp pick formula.

Yeah I might have screwed that up.

Where'd you come up with All Pro? He'd be a solid backup guard but he's a longgggg way from All Pro level.

Yeah I might have screwed that up.

Read through that tweet thread that I posted from Sal. It will all make so much less sense once you're through with it.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Harris is good. He’s an upgrade.

D Hopkins being considered—what are your thoughts on that?

Oliver's Instagram looks like he knows he is getting traded. D-Hop would be amazing.

Is he being considered by the internet or the Bills? Seems like the money is impossible though if Oliver is part of the deal it does become somewhat feasible because his 5th year option is $10.7m and fully guaranteed. Don't see how you pay him going forward though. We're not going to have real cap space until 2025.

David Edwards signed to one year deal. Can play either OG spot.

Like the signing, another decent depth piece if injuries pick up. Still need an OL at some point within the first 1-4 rounds but good to have quality depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom