Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

This is a great deal for us at a very acceptable cost. I’m not sure what system GB uses but this guy can fit into any and is a very heady player aside from physical talents
Heavy zone. Love this get.

Bills still have two 5th and three 6th round picks.

yeah they had to do something on the defensive side of the ball. Nice move, not sure how much it will help overall but it certainly should help to some degree considering the upcoming schedule
I think it helps more in so far as who it keeps off the field

yeah they had to do something on the defensive side of the ball. Nice move, not sure how much it will help overall but it certainly should help to some degree considering the upcoming schedule

In a perfect world I think you add a DT or a veteran LB but with the cap space issues and lack of both available on the FA market I think they made the best move in getting a CB, clearly they needed help there. I am not a huge Suh fan but bringing him in to help the Dline isn't a bad idea, should cost little and will at least bring a big body here with a crap ton of experience.

Hard to see how he doesn't. Maybe he doesn't start but he's essentially our #1 now or a A1 with Benford.
I don’t think our system is overly complex. Would be huge having him out there against those Cincy receivers

And they still have a 3rd as they get one via the compensatory process.
Looking at Douglas contract , he’s not going to be here next year. Lot of cash owed next year to him if they don’t cut. 9 million cap him after June 1. Zero if cut

Last edited:
Looking at Douglas contract , he’s not going to be here next year. Lot of cash owed next year to him if they don’t cut

Ya they would need to work out an extension with him if they want to keep him. Zero chance they are gonna squeeze 11 mill into next years cap. Tre's contract will be fascinating, Buffalo will take a 10 mill hit if they cut him but will save a boatload after that.

In a perfect world I think you add a DT or a veteran LB but with the cap space issues and lack of both available on the FA market I think they made the best move in getting a CB, clearly they needed help there. I am not a huge Suh fan but bringing him in to help the Dline isn't a bad idea, should cost little and will at least bring a big body here with a crap ton of experience.
Didn't he help the Eagles run D a lot? I like that idea as a bandaid. Little downside, why not.

Didn't he help the Eagles run D a lot? I like that idea as a bandaid. Little downside, why not.

I can't recall but remember he definitely still made an impact. Clearly a shell of himself but still better then just about anyone else they could bring in at this point.

well so if I have a 50 million dollar QB and het gets hurt I can go buy another 50 million dollar QB? You want no limits on spending?

I wish they had limits on all the players.. So like every position had a max value.
Why? The teams get to choose how to spend the money. The teams all earn relatively the same. I would like every contract to be a one year deal, then have bidding wars for the players each year, just to field a team. Lots of off season fun.

or like normal jobs in a company
Those are full of normal people. The NFL is not. The unions have not bargained for a specific wage structure, meaning the players don’t want it.

So reading an article on The Athletic about the trade , turns out that with some finessing of the money, Rasul’s cap hit next year could only be about 5 million (despite 9 million listed) and alot of his salary has already been paid out in bonus .. so he SHOULD be here next year too

Ya they would need to work out an extension with him if they want to keep him. Zero chance they are gonna squeeze 11 mill into next years cap. Tre's contract will be fascinating, Buffalo will take a 10 mill hit if they cut him but will save a boatload after that.
Have to think they intend to restructure/extend, right? Third and a fifth feels steep for a short term rental…to your point, probably means other changes coming next year (Knox, White)…

So reading an article on The Athletic about the trade , turns out that with some finessing of the money, Rasul’s cap hit next year could only be about 5 million (despite 9 million listed) and alot of his salary has already been paid out in bonus .. so he SHOULD be here next year too

Yeah I did read that he restructured his deal with GB before this season. Wasn't totally sure how it affected next year's cap hit, though.

Sadly it's hard to picture Tre ever making it back. So there's this ...

"Now for the long-term view (like, 2024). It doesn’t require an eye-squint to see Douglas’ arrival connected with White’s status. They absolutely are intertwined.

If the Bills cut White before June 1, 2024, they will have dead cap hits of $10,369,835 in ’24 and $4,134,919 in ’25, but it creates $6,265,081 and $12,535,093 in space in those two years."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom